Free Solo- absolute puure 8 / 53%
15 total votes

Aceto

Sep 8, 2008, 8:00 PM
Post #1 of 74 (4273 views)
Shortcut

Absolute Values nor Math
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

i tell u about me last time.

i eat multiple dose of mescaline and now i have seen the ways of climbing. if u ever read Don Juan Matus he will say samething. the diff is that i dont want to be barnes and noble bestsales.

i learn that free soloing is the purest form of climbing; everything else is kindergarten.

i want patmay to shutup and stop picking fights with me. i know real climb freesolo for example: i watched the trailer for the sharp ends, and a man is freesoloing-WHY??

because freesoling will tune u into the rock the only real way to climb and for the right reason.

other people like pat will say girl and fiscal venues but that is abursd.

(This post was edited by Aceto on Sep 8, 2008, 8:02 PM)

Lazlo

Sep 8, 2008, 8:03 PM
Post #2 of 74 (4264 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Aceto] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Aceto wrote:
i tell u about me last time.

i eat multiple dose of mescaline and now i have seen the ways of climbing. if u ever read Don Juan Matus he will say samething. the diff is that i dont want to be barnes and noble bestsales.

i learn that free soloing is the purest form of climbing; everything else is kindergarten.

i want patmay to shutup and stop picking fights with me. i know real climb freesolo for example: i watched the trailer for the sharp ends, and a man is freesoloing-WHY??

because freesoling will tune u into the rock the only real way to climb and for the right reason.

other people like pat will say girl and fiscal venues but that is abursd.

carbonrx8

Sep 8, 2008, 8:09 PM
Post #3 of 74 (4254 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo

Sep 8, 2008, 8:11 PM
Post #4 of 74 (4247 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Look guys! I gots my first sig!

Maddhatter

Sep 8, 2008, 8:17 PM
Post #5 of 74 (4236 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carbonrx8] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I solo and love doing it. I don't see how it is anymore (pure) then leading or even top rope.
For me it is more about why you climb. Some do it for sport some do it to stay in shape and some do it as some way to make them selfs feel better about who they are. I do not think less of someone for not soloing or even leading that is up to them not me.
I climb for the love of the climb. It's the same reason I started climbing years ago. solo, lead or top rope I always have a good climb.

That said yes solo is a very different game and does put you in a very different state of mind.

(This post was edited by Maddhatter on Sep 8, 2008, 8:21 PM)

sungam

Sep 8, 2008, 8:39 PM
Post #6 of 74 (4212 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Maddhatter] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You, my friend, climb for the right reasons. You may join Aceto and myself, and our band of brigadiers on our journey to enlightenment.

sungam

Sep 8, 2008, 8:41 PM
Post #7 of 74 (4209 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lazlo] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
Careful of quoting to many good ones. Soon you'll end up in my predicament of changing them every 2 days.

limeydave

Sep 8, 2008, 8:43 PM
Post #8 of 74 (4205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
You, my friend, climb for the right reasons. You may join Aceto and myself, and our band of brigadiers on our journey to enlightenment.

Damn you and your elitist band of brigadiers.
Journey to enlightenment is Lng3r 4 uze lad

Lazlo

Sep 8, 2008, 8:43 PM
Post #9 of 74 (4205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
Careful of quoting to many good ones. Soon you'll end up in my predicament of changing them every 2 days.
...and of carrying the baggage of two around.

sungam

Sep 8, 2008, 8:59 PM
Post #10 of 74 (4176 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lazlo] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
sungam wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
They r gud 1's tho.

Lazlo

Sep 8, 2008, 9:02 PM
Post #11 of 74 (4169 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
sungam wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
They r gud 1's tho.

Trew dat.

extreme_actuary

Sep 8, 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #12 of 74 (4117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think top-roping on plastic is the purest form of rock climbing.

Maddhatter wrote:
I climb for the love of the climb. It's the same reason I started climbing years ago. solo, lead or top rope I always have a good climb.

Not me. I climb so I can chase harder grades. If I don't climb something tougher everyday, the day is a total waste.

patmay81

Sep 8, 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #13 of 74 (4101 views)
Shortcut

Re: [extreme_actuary] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

extreme_actuary wrote:

Maddhatter wrote:

Not me. I climb so I can chase harder grades. If I don't climb something tougher everyday, the day is a total waste.
FINALLY! someone speaking common sense. seriously if you aren't going to climb hard why climb at all!?! I mean really what kind of girl is going to hang out with a 5.3 sport climber- do they even bolt climbs that easy?
I know ALL the chicks where cheering for me when i sent the purple route! that things at least a 5.6!Wink

Lazlo

Sep 8, 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #14 of 74 (4095 views)
Shortcut

Re: [extreme_actuary] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

extreme_actuary wrote:

Ya know, I've been wondering if my local gym will let me aid with hooks on TR.

(I want to be pure like Sun-eto!)

The red route is really kicking my butt. But I KNOW I can aid it.

Maddhatter

Sep 8, 2008, 10:43 PM
Post #15 of 74 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Re: [patmay81] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

patmay81 wrote:
extreme_actuary wrote:

Maddhatter wrote:

FINALLY! someone speaking common sense. seriously if you aren't going to climb hard why climb at all!?! I mean really what kind of girl is going to hang out with a 5.3 sport climber- do they even bolt climbs that easy?
I know ALL the chicks where cheering for me when i sent the purple route! that things at least a 5.6!Wink

If you can't find the beauty in the movements on really hard stuff you will never make it to the top. Finding your center is the real key. Do it for the love of the climb, respect it ,plastic or not and you will get better with every new climb. Power is far less important then skill. Yes you need both but one without the other will always limit you. It's a dance learn the steps and move to the next dance. It doesn't really matter what type of climbing it is.

patmay81

Sep 8, 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #16 of 74 (4076 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maddhatter wrote:
patmay81 wrote:
extreme_actuary wrote:

Maddhatter wrote:

If you can't find the beauty in the movements on really hard stuff you will never make it to the top. Finding your center is the real key. Do it for the love of the climb, respect it ,plastic or not and you will get better with every new climb. Power is far less important then skill. Yes you need both but one without the other will always limit you. It's a dance learn the steps and move to the next dance. It doesn't really matter what type of climbing it is.
no i like lazlo's idea better, im going to try to A4 that mf'er

Maddhatter

Sep 8, 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #17 of 74 (4069 views)
Shortcut

Re: [patmay81] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

patmay81 wrote:
Maddhatter wrote:
patmay81 wrote:
extreme_actuary wrote:

Maddhatter wrote:

O I almost forgot the most important part!!
Tell people to shut the fuck up and spot you when ever you can!Wink It makes the girls at the gym think your cool.

flipnfall

Sep 8, 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #18 of 74 (4065 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i is not shur wut post is all bout. i tired of Aceto posting. i sick of his posts. Aceto, pleeze stop posting. i want peepul hoo hav engleesh az theyre furst languaj posting heer.

I go now

GT

patmay81

Sep 8, 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #19 of 74 (4060 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maddhatter wrote:
patmay81 wrote:
Maddhatter wrote:
patmay81 wrote:
extreme_actuary wrote:

Maddhatter wrote:

O I almost forgot the most important part!!
Tell people to shut the fuck up and spot you when ever you can!Wink It makes the girls at the gym think your cool.
well that goes without saying! since I'm the baddest climber there, everyone is my spotter/belay bitch.

sungam

Sep 8, 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #20 of 74 (4044 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flipnfall] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flipnfall wrote:
i is not shur wut post is all bout. i tired of Aceto posting. i sick of his posts. Aceto, pleeze stop posting. i want peepul hoo hav engleesh az theyre furst languaj posting heer.

I go now

GT
Hey, no racism here. NOT acceptable. If you don't like Aceto's posts (I find them decidedly insightful) then just don't read them. simple as that.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion- not everyone is forced to listen.
You could even talk to jay...

flipnfall

Sep 8, 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #21 of 74 (4040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry, but it's not racism, I honestly don't think that this person is this bad at English and is only pretending to write this way. I'm getting annoyed. I never said I don't like native american people like me or whatever, I'm just commenting on the way he writes. He couldn't possibly be serious. I'm not talking down on content, I'm speaking out against his joking around with how he writes. It's a waste of time just like this response I'm writing is becomming a waste of my time.

No hard feelings intended.

GT

sungam

Sep 8, 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #22 of 74 (4037 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flipnfall] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flipnfall wrote:
Sorry, but it's not racism, I honestly don't think that this person is this bad at English and is only pretending to write this way. I'm getting annoyed. I never said I don't like native american people like me or whatever, I'm just commenting on the way he writes. He couldn't possibly be serious. I'm not talking down on content, I'm speaking out against his joking around with how he writes. It's a waste of time just like this response I'm writing is becomming a waste of my time.

No hard feelings intended.

GT
No problem buddy, I see what you mean about the talking. He just doesn't get the net that well, know what I mean?
Wuz worried, I don't like people who judge others on their outside.

chossmonkey

Sep 8, 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #23 of 74 (4030 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
One would figure that sooner or later you would come upon one that is actually good.

sungam

Sep 9, 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #24 of 74 (4004 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] Absolute Values nor Math [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chossmonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
One would figure that sooner or later you would come upon one that is actually good.
That's what I'm hoping.

Factor2

Sep 9, 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #25 of 74 (3997 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

I climb for all the opposite reasons of him. Can I join?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook