RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

Climbing_Pink

Sep 19, 2008, 9:34 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2016 views)
Shortcut

Training.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm starting to train again for comp season, and I'm starting to get a nasty pain in my right bicep. Kinda feels like it's tearing.

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before, and if so were they able to get rid of it.

I'm not sure if it's tendon or muscular related, I'm hoping there is a more seasoned boulder..er out there that can give me some pointers. It started to happen last year but it didn't get that bad since I was climbing lower grades Frown But now since I'm climbing harder (yay) it's starting to get pretty bad.

Should I just take some muscle relaxers and suck it up haha

sungam

Sep 19, 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2003 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Climbing_Pink] Training. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbing_Pink wrote:
If you wanna miss the next 2 climbing seasons, by all means.
Otherwise see a PT. Maybe oncehardman or physiochick will come in to this thread and save the day.

i_h8_choss

Oct 4, 2008, 6:13 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbing_Pink wrote:
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm starting to train again for comp season, and I'm starting to get a nasty pain in my right bicep. Kinda feels like it's tearing.

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before, and if so were they able to get rid of it.

I'm not sure if it's tendon or muscular related, I'm hoping there is a more seasoned boulder..er out there that can give me some pointers. It started to happen last year but it didn't get that bad since I was climbing lower grades Frown But now since I'm climbing harder (yay) it's starting to get pretty bad.

i read an intereting aticle in rock & ice (spring 08-? the health issue) about a new or wierd bicep injury that seems to only effect climbers. is the bicep pain down closer to the elbow? the article was stating that there are some stretches and exercises one could do to ease the pain and it also said that this is a "new" kind of injury so not much is known and there is ongoing research into this injury.

outlaw514

Oct 9, 2008, 1:39 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1745 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the thing about training is that though its good to torture yourself till you feel that your falling apart its also very important to take rest and thats the part that climbers hate. I hate taking days off from climbing but after you do you feel strong. Take some time, stretch it, drink lots of water and take Fish oil supplements for healing soft muscle tissue. Also dont train when your at your limit. you need to still have energy otherwise you can hurt yourself very easily.

http://pebblewrestlersinc.blogspot.com/

(This post was edited by outlaw514 on Oct 9, 2008, 1:48 AM)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook