RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

CaptainPolution

Nov 11, 2008, 8:44 AM
Post #1 of 19 (1838 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by CaptainPolution
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

cush

Nov 11, 2008, 4:55 PM
Post #2 of 19 (1770 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CaptainPolution] el cap diving board? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the general consensus on rope jumping is that if you need to ask about it, you probably don't know enough about rigging to set one up safely.

mushroomsamba

Nov 11, 2008, 5:04 PM
Post #3 of 19 (1752 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cush] el cap diving board? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cush wrote:
the general consensus on rope jumping is that if you need to ask about it, you probably don't know enough about rigging to set one up safely.

second... but if your going to do it make sure your anchors are perfect, then make them better

lucaskrajnik

Nov 11, 2008, 5:14 PM
Post #4 of 19 (1724 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mushroomsamba] el cap diving board? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just video it

rc.com

Nov 11, 2008, 5:56 PM
Post #5 of 19 (1661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Diving board..... El Cap......Anchors, Schmanchors. Just jump.

(This post was edited by rc.com on Nov 11, 2008, 5:59 PM)

Feller

Nov 11, 2008, 6:09 PM
Post #6 of 19 (1638 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ever heard of danny osman? wanna know how he died?....want to know how much experience he had?

'nuff said.

edit: we may have just been trolled. only time will tell.

(This post was edited by Feller on Nov 11, 2008, 6:10 PM)

panacea82

Nov 11, 2008, 6:20 PM
Post #7 of 19 (1627 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think that the diving board is next to half dome not el cap

debaser655321

Nov 11, 2008, 6:39 PM
Post #8 of 19 (1602 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is a website for Rock Climbing, not idiotic stunts.

sgreer

Nov 11, 2008, 7:26 PM
Post #9 of 19 (1563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The diving board is on Half Dome dude. With that said you should do a little more research before you attempt any foolish stunts.

Partner camhead

Nov 11, 2008, 8:00 PM
Post #10 of 19 (1525 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Feller] el cap diving board? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Feller wrote:
ever heard of danny osman? wanna know how he died?....want to know how much experience he had?

'nuff said.

edit: we may have just been trolled. only time will tell.

wow, in seven plus years on this site, I have not ONCE heard of this "Dan Osman" character of whom you speak. Do enlighten us about him, and the profound tale that his story tells us all.

dockzilla

Nov 11, 2008, 8:23 PM
Post #11 of 19 (1491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I reccomend that you start on something smaller before jumping off the "Big Stone". "The road to Jumping off of shit" is a book that has plenty of info in it for beggining jumpers. I would try Manure Pile Buttress, then the column, then try half dome, and if your still kickin, go for the capitan. But again record it all and put some good music to it.

Feller

Nov 11, 2008, 8:41 PM
Post #12 of 19 (1475 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] el cap diving board? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm glad you asked.

Legend tells of a man, a great man; His name was Danny Osman. Standing almost 10 feet tall, this behemoth of a man was said to have climbed Lovers Leap with nothing but his teeth. But on that very day, tragedy struck. For all his strengths, Danny Osman had one great weakness: his insatiable desire for more adrenaline. Having done everything in the world already, there was only one thing left for him to do. He needed to jump off a cliff. But this couldn't be any ordinary jump. Over his 300+ years of life (Scholars maintain his exact age was lost many many years ago), Danny Osman had partaken in many similar activities such as bungy jumping, or cliff diving into an ocean. Once in his life, he was believed to have gone skydiving without a parachute, only to land in the middle of the Atlantic where he swam back to California....but that's a whole different story.

Danny osman Spent all day climbing lovers leap with his teeth until he finally reached the top. Once he got there, he devised a scheme for jumping off the top in the most extraordinary way. he would string up rope from 2 peaks and, and jump off with a normal climbing rope attached to him, and the rope spanning the two peaks. However, upon reaching the top of the cliff, it started to rain. It rained for 40 days and 40 nights, until the entire valley of the great yosemite was flooded. In addition to this, more than 500 Huns had invaded this otherwise peaceful land. With nothing more than climbing shoes and a chalk bag, Osman fought off the great Onslaught. After all the Huns where dead and the rain had subsided, Danny Osman was ready for his great jump. But consumed by his burning desire to invoke the greatest adrenaline rush ever, he had forgotten to double check the gear he placed for his jump. He did not notice that the equipment had been compromised in the war against the Huns and the mighty storm that had swallowed most of tranquil valley below.

He Jumped and he fell. Down down down down he went. then SNAP! Some say it was the rope, others say it was the anchors. But one thing is for certain, the omnipotent Danny Osman did not stop falling. As he disappeared into the tops of the trees, which looked like mere bushes from where he stood not 1 minute earlier. From the top of the cliff, witnesses say they did not hear a scream, nor a noise indicating his impact. Investigators searched the woods for neigh 1 year before abandoning their search for the worlds greatest adrenaline junky. To this day, his body has not been recovered. Followers of this great legend say that upon impact is soul ate his body so it would have the strength to climb for eternity. Others say he did not die at all, and that on the most unique of occasions, the great Danny Osman can still be seen climbing the great cliffs of the Yosemite Valley.

Did he really die? did the climbing gods accept him as their own? did the huns purposely sabotage his gear? To this day, no one is certain of the answers to these questions. But what we do know is that Danny Osman does live on. Perhaps not in a physical form, but within all of us. His great strength and unwavering determination drives us to accomplish more, to pull harder, to beat grades, and most importantly...To make fun of noobs everytime they do something stupid.

So the next time you are devising a plot to up the anty, remember the story of Danny Osman. Remember the man who had changed the climbing world forever and ask yourself, "What would Danny Osman do?"

The End.

superory

Nov 11, 2008, 8:47 PM
Post #13 of 19 (1470 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Feller] el cap diving board? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

+1

CaptainPolution

Nov 12, 2008, 4:14 AM
Post #14 of 19 (1369 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by CaptainPolution [In reply to]
Report this Post

evanwish

Nov 12, 2008, 6:46 AM
Post #15 of 19 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

CaptainPolution wrote:
Feller wrote:
I'm glad you asked.

Legend tells of a man, a great man; His name was Danny Osman. Standing almost 10 feet tall, this behemoth of a man was said to have climbed Lovers Leap with nothing but his teeth. But on that very day, tragedy struck. For all his strengths, Danny Osman had one great weakness: his insatiable desire for more adrenaline. Having done everything in the world already, there was only one thing left for him to do. He needed to jump off a cliff. But this couldn't be any ordinary jump. Over his 300+ years of life (Scholars maintain his exact age was lost many many years ago), Danny Osman had partaken in many similar activities such as bungy jumping, or cliff diving into an ocean. Once in his life, he was believed to have gone skydiving without a parachute, only to land in the middle of the Atlantic where he swam back to California....but that's a whole different story.

Danny osman Spent all day climbing lovers leap with his teeth until he finally reached the top. Once he got there, he devised a scheme for jumping off the top in the most extraordinary way. he would string up rope from 2 peaks and, and jump off with a normal climbing rope attached to him, and the rope spanning the two peaks. However, upon reaching the top of the cliff, it started to rain. It rained for 40 days and 40 nights, until the entire valley of the great yosemite was flooded. In addition to this, more than 500 Huns had invaded this otherwise peaceful land. With nothing more than climbing shoes and a chalk bag, Osman fought off the great Onslaught. After all the Huns where dead and the rain had subsided, Danny Osman was ready for his great jump. But consumed by his burning desire to invoke the greatest adrenaline rush ever, he had forgotten to double check the gear he placed for his jump. He did not notice that the equipment had been compromised in the war against the Huns and the mighty storm that had swallowed most of tranquil valley below.

He Jumped and he fell. Down down down down he went. then SNAP! Some say it was the rope, others say it was the anchors. But one thing is for certain, the omnipotent Danny Osman did not stop falling. As he disappeared into the tops of the trees, which looked like mere bushes from where he stood not 1 minute earlier. From the top of the cliff, witnesses say they did not hear a scream, nor a noise indicating his impact. Investigators searched the woods for neigh 1 year before abandoning their search for the worlds greatest adrenaline junky. To this day, his body has not been recovered. Followers of this great legend say that upon impact is soul ate his body so it would have the strength to climb for eternity. Others say he did not die at all, and that on the most unique of occasions, the great Danny Osman can still be seen climbing the great cliffs of the Yosemite Valley.

Did he really die? did the climbing gods accept him as their own? did the huns purposely sabotage his gear? To this day, no one is certain of the answers to these questions. But what we do know is that Danny Osman does live on. Perhaps not in a physical form, but within all of us. His great strength and unwavering determination drives us to accomplish more, to pull harder, to beat grades, and most importantly...To make fun of noobs everytime they do something stupid.

So the next time you are devising a plot to up the anty, remember the story of Danny Osman. Remember the man who had changed the climbing world forever and ask yourself, "What would Danny Osman do?"

The End.

im not reading that

oh yes troll indeed. when I researched it I saw that it wasnt on el cap since half dizzome kept poppin up

because when people learn how to use google it's AMAZING

btw im not jumping off of it. I dont like gerry riggin shit when im takin a 200 foot winger on it.

PLUS for you people who said stuff about osman, I don't think I have seen any of his jumps... I have heard of him but wasnt aware that he did rope jumps...

?

CaptainPolution

Nov 12, 2008, 8:31 AM
Post #16 of 19 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by CaptainPolution [In reply to]
Report this Post

sungam

Nov 12, 2008, 2:30 PM
Post #17 of 19 (1267 views)
Shortcut

Re: [debaser655321] el cap diving board? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

debaser655321 wrote:
u r rong.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Nov 13, 2008, 3:23 AM
Post #18 of 19 (1172 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] el cap diving board? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
debaser655321 wrote:
u r rong.

Please elaborate.

evanwish

Nov 13, 2008, 3:37 AM
Post #19 of 19 (1161 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

CaptainPolution wrote:
evanwish wrote:
CaptainPolution wrote:
Feller wrote:
I'm glad you asked.

Legend tells of a man, a great man; His name was Danny Osman. <snip>
The End.

im not reading that

oh yes troll indeed. when I researched it I saw that it wasnt on el cap since half dizzome kept poppin up

because when people learn how to use google it's AMAZING

btw im not jumping off of it. I dont like gerry riggin shit when im takin a 200 foot winger on it.

PLUS for you people who said stuff about osman, I don't think I have seen any of his jumps... I have heard of him but wasnt aware that he did rope jumps...

?

if I ever need a good laugh rc.com NEVER fails

hahaa yep. never fails.

sungam wrote:
debaser655321 wrote:
u r wrong

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook