Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

bennydh

Nov 18, 2008, 8:15 PM
Post #1 of 37 (1591 views)
Shortcut

Posting Beta
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I pulled this comment from another site regarding a specific route, its been somewhat abridged for everyone's sake:

The route seems to be on the easier side of 5.11, not the harder side... ...I TR'd it though, so maybe the ease of that brought the route down... ...Once the crux is over, the climb goes to a well-protected 5.10a that is still super-fun.

I immediately thought:
1. Leading the route is almost always a whole different game, F*&%tard!

2. I should effin hope that your TR was well-protected.

3. Why did this dude post $*&$, and why the $*** did I read this. To steal back wasted thread reading kharma I should post something worthless.

Cheers Everybody

Feller

Nov 18, 2008, 8:24 PM
Post #2 of 37 (1578 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bennydh] Posting Beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think this story here is very one sided. I'd like to hear what the other guy said. but considering you posted a heavily abridged post from an anonymous poster on an un-named forum, its going to be hard to form an opinion about the matter.

here's what I know: Some dude climbed a route somewhere in the world. maybe a gym route, maybe outdoors...He felt the route was rated a little too high, but that it was a super fun route....

so...I don't see what your bitching about man. sounds like a pretty typical post about climbing to me. nothing out of the ordinary here. Are you upset that he TR'd something then talked about it?

chossmonkey

Nov 18, 2008, 8:27 PM
Post #3 of 37 (1573 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

people who rate lead routes on TR are posers.

dingus

Nov 18, 2008, 8:34 PM
Post #4 of 37 (1552 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] Posting Beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A friend of mine was spraying gloriously about an infamous Yosemite offwidth. Her comment was along the lines of the above... 'I felt it wasn't that bad at all.'

Now she was having this convo in person and the folks with whom she was spraying were discussing the merits (and scariness) of LEADING the bloody thing.

Then it came out she'd done it on top rope.

A very notable Yosemite climber, who no longer stands on this side of the veil with the rest of us, blurted out,

"If you didn't lead it you didn't climb it. Your opinion is null and void."

She did NOT appreciate that frank appraisal. in fact it stung her pretty good.

She had it coming.

DMT

bennydh

Nov 18, 2008, 8:41 PM
Post #5 of 37 (1533 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] Posting Beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Chossmonkey undermastands.

Btw, its abridged to allow the guy some anonymity. This person also rated the climb online much lower than what it goes at had he led it. He contributed to dropping the average rating of the climb as a result.

The climb in question is a traditional climb and gear takes up valuable jams. Its quite different from a sport climb, where the crux is often the pump you have while clipping a bolt.Laugh

mounter

Nov 18, 2008, 8:57 PM
Post #6 of 37 (1523 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Attachments: pic00041.jpg (57.2 KB)

chossmonkey

Nov 18, 2008, 9:03 PM
Post #7 of 37 (1513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mounter] Posting Beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mounter wrote:

Oops.

ChainingDrawsFTW

Nov 19, 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #8 of 37 (1427 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I dunno it seems to me that if he cud TR w/ noo problem then he cud easily lead it A route is a route...he did so of course he can rate it...freakin trad elitistts...TR = CLIMBING GUYS!!! GETR OBVER IT! OP is prob just upset becuz the dude did the climb easier than he did, lol

bennydh

Nov 19, 2008, 12:54 AM
Post #9 of 37 (1415 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ChainingDrawsFTW] Posting Beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sure if someone goes and TRs Meltdown everyone else will think they are on par with Rodden too. Or a Cobra Crack TR ascent would be rad, and just as solid as a lead I'm sure.

Time to start up TR.com where people can rate all the difficult tr ascents they've done, spray about the climb, and discuss how well the route was protected.

Can't wait to see, "One of my four pieces in the anchor was cammed slightly too wide, but other wise the tr was well protected. I'd give it a pg13 because all four cams weren't perfect"

(This post was edited by bennydh on Nov 19, 2008, 1:01 AM)

ChainingDrawsFTW

Nov 19, 2008, 1:01 AM
Post #10 of 37 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I dunno those climbs or who Rod is but im sure if he TRs them it wud be just as impresive...

tedman

Nov 19, 2008, 1:08 AM
Post #11 of 37 (1400 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bennydh wrote:
3. Why did this dude post $*&$, and why the $*** did I read this. To steal back wasted thread reading kharma I should post something worthless.

mission accomplishedCrazy

VladdytheBasher

Nov 19, 2008, 2:05 AM
Post #12 of 37 (1380 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tedman] Posting Beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My Ex always backed off climbs and made me finish them so she could toprape the climb. Then she would spray about how it wasn't really that bad. It fricken sucked listening to her bs. Topropers shouldnt be allowed to talk about climbs. let alone rate them, and they dont actually know how protected a climb is outside of weighting they fat asses on the rope a bunch.

TR= lame, go thank friend who dragged ur ass up. don't spray like my biatch ex, and the twat who was just as lame who only hung out cuz he wanted to tap that but we all thought he liked men.

carbonrx8

Nov 19, 2008, 2:25 AM
Post #13 of 37 (1368 views)
Shortcut

Really? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bennydh wrote:
I pulled this comment from another site regarding a specific route, its been somewhat abridged for everyone's sake:

The route seems to be on the easier side of 5.11, not the harder side... ...I TR'd it though, so maybe the ease of that brought the route down... ...Once the crux is over, the climb goes to a well-protected 5.10a that is still super-fun.

I immediately thought:
1. Leading the route is almost always a whole different game, F*&%tard!

2. I should effin hope that your TR was well-protected.

Cheers Everybody

VladdytheBasher

Nov 19, 2008, 2:37 AM
Post #14 of 37 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carbonrx8] Really? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sure the only thing you ever climbed was a bear in a gay bar bathroom stall, and ill bet you topraped it.

Blow the sand out of it and you could lead one day.

carbonrx8

Nov 19, 2008, 2:48 AM
Post #15 of 37 (1346 views)
Shortcut

Re: [VladdytheBasher] Really? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

VladdytheBasher wrote:
I'm sure the only thing you ever climbed was a bear in a gay bar bathroom stall, and ill bet you topraped it.

Blow the sand out of it and you could lead one day.
Perhaps you misunderstood what I said. Given your obvious proclivities to sexual enuendo, it doesn't suprize me. What I meant was "WHO THE FUCK CARES!" Really. Who the fuck cares what some asshat has to say about some other dickwad that posted banal drivel on SOME OTHER SITE. Does benny really that badly need a boost to his ego that he complains here about someone ON ANOTHER SITE? Grow so balls and bash the guy ON THE OTHER SITE.

If you are unclear about that, simply respond with another thinly veiled suggestion about how uncomfortable you are at playing catcher during your mansex sessions with your boyfriend. Really, it is ok that you are that way. No one here will judge.

bennydh

Nov 19, 2008, 3:06 AM
Post #16 of 37 (1335 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You guys are drifting from the point.

Someone commenting on things that he or she didn't experience, such as gear placement and protection, as well as the difficulty of a climb which is significantly eased when the gear placements aren't taking up valuable ring locks or toe jams; is about as lame as someone who walks up to you while you are climbing, and starts screaming beta at you for a climb he or she has never been on.

That person also has no place to be giving route information online, in a book, or in person.

Vladdy & Carbon, the two of you should go argue about ex's, circle jerking, and duechey carbonfiber rice rockets on a self help forum somewhere else.

carbonrx8

Nov 19, 2008, 3:16 AM
Post #17 of 37 (1323 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bennydh] Really? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bennydh wrote:
Someone commenting on things that he or she didn't experience, such as gear placement and protection, as well as the difficulty of a climb which is significantly eased when the gear placements aren't taking up valuable ring locks or toe jams; is about as lame as someone who post complaints about said person who didn't have the blah blah "real" climbing experience blah blah whatever.
Fixed that for ya.

bennydh

Nov 19, 2008, 3:28 AM
Post #18 of 37 (1308 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You should fix your fucktard sign since you cared enough to post replies.

The number should read 5,999,999,999.

carbonrx8

Nov 19, 2008, 3:34 AM
Post #19 of 37 (1305 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bennydh wrote:
You should fix your fucktard sign since you cared enough to post replies.

The number should read 5,999,999,999.

That was killer logic. What are you? A fucking professor? Smile

I didn't say I didn't care about bashing your silly little rant. I implied that I didnt care about the TOPIC of your silly little rant. I REALLY REALLY care about dragging the bashing of your silly little rant out for as long as you are willing to post so that this thread dies a horrible, painful, screaming death.

Clear?

PS I would hope that you or others here would provide the same service to me when that time comes.

Stormeh

Nov 19, 2008, 3:42 AM
Post #20 of 37 (1298 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carbonrx8 wrote:

I didn't say I didn't care about bashing your silly little rant. I implied that I didnt care about the TOPIC of your silly little rant. I REALLY REALLY care about dragging the bashing of your silly little rant out for as long as you are willing to post so that this thread dies a horrible, painful, screaming death.

Clear?

PS I would hope that you or others here would provide the same service to me when that time comes.

Carbon, if you want the thread to die maybe you should stop posting infantile responses, continually sending the thread to the top of the front page.

carbonrx8

Nov 19, 2008, 3:45 AM
Post #21 of 37 (1294 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Stormeh] Really? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Stormeh wrote:
carbonrx8 wrote:

Clear?

Carbon, if you want the thread to die maybe you should stop posting infantile responses, continually sending the thread to the top of the front page.
You mean like you just did?

bennydh

Nov 19, 2008, 4:01 AM
Post #22 of 37 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I really wanted to start a thread with really valuable content, but the "hot chicks" climbing thread had already been started, and then I saw that the "How much do you weigh" thread had already been started. So then I thought, 'What would it take to make some douche bag like carbonrx8 post?'

Laugh

carbonrx8

Nov 19, 2008, 4:06 AM
Post #23 of 37 (1279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bennydh wrote:
I really wanted to start a thread with really valuable content, but the "hot chicks" climbing thread had already been started, and then I saw that the "How much do you weigh" thread had already been started. So then I thought, 'What would it take to make some douche bag like carbonrx8 post?'

Laugh
Then you did well. Dont bother with threads with so-called "valuable content." That would make this site useful, and no one wants that kind of insightful, creative and intellectual garbage taking up our time.

dingus

Nov 19, 2008, 4:12 AM
Post #24 of 37 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Re: Really? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Speaking of intellectual garbage MY POST was dead on topic. It was not only a good story but a real one to boot.

so HAH!

DMT

ps. HAH!

carbonrx8

Nov 19, 2008, 4:16 AM
Post #25 of 37 (1265 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] Really? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You got suckered.

Besides, your stories transend intellectual concerns of the threads in which they are imbedded.

Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook