krack-head
Deleted

Nov 25, 2002, 2:18 PM
Post #1 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

My bunny died on saturday...........
Report this Post
Can't Post

I go off to Tucson for the weekend (helping the grandparents put in a new driveway) And on Sat. night I get a call from my ol' lady saying that the bunny is dead.*sniff* We had just got a new dog and we new the dog was out for her. on sat. morning Lauren (th' missus)was running late and she left the bunny's cage in the back yard with the dog. the dog ripped the steel cage open and killed my rabbit. Lauren called me from Phoenix a total wreck because she had to "dispose" of our beloved bunny all by her self. Thanks for reading, I was just sad. You don't have to post I just wanted to talk about it.

M.

howitzer

Nov 25, 2002, 3:13 PM
Post #2 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

My bunny died on saturday........... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Krack - man, that is rough. When I was younger my sisters mouse got out of its cage (she was watching it for school), and when I came home I opened the front door and got it stuck under there. The mouse was smeared across the floor. Pretty tramatizing for myself and my lil sister... losing pets sucks, sorry about the twist of fate.

lilred

Nov 25, 2002, 5:30 PM
Post #3 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh nooooo!

duuude, i'm soo sorry to hear that...if you get another bunny, you can potty train it to be an indoor bunny...you don't want to leave a bunny outdoors in the summer there...that is how my bunny died

stewbabby

Nov 25, 2002, 5:36 PM
Post #4 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Am I the only one that finds it very amusing that Matt had a "bunny"? Matt..... you just dont look like the bunny type. Im sorry to hear about your loss.

Partner one900johnnyk

Nov 25, 2002, 5:45 PM
Post #5 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

..i smiled

krustyklimber

Nov 25, 2002, 5:54 PM
Post #6 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Stew,

I am totally with you... like you posted while I was lookin at dude's profile, and wonderin'... "wasn't krak-head supposed to be doosh/lox from Austin, Texas?" and not trying to resist the urge to make a joke about his wife eating the whole pot of stew. (sorry, I did try, and I knew if krak-head was doosh/lox/Corey from Austin, he would understand my joke).

So sorry 'bout your pet bunny, truly, and for your wife most of all. It is hard to "do the duty" with your pets without getting real emotional.

The good thing about bunnies is they breed like rabbits! You can always start over with the bunny, but the dog is a whole 'nother issue, something drastic will have to be done to stop the dog from wanting the taste of fresh blood. I don't think that particular dog can ever live with other small pets again. So you will have to decide which you want more, many small pets who can live together or a dog you're probably kind pissed at. Not an easy choice sometimes.

Again sorry for my twisted sense of humor, it's how I deal with grief.

Jeff

Edit* to add, I got this guy confused with headcrak/doosh/lox from Austin, Texas.

[ This Message was edited by: krustyklimber on 2002-11-25 10:08 ]

thomasribiere

Nov 25, 2002, 6:13 PM
Post #7 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry about it, Matt. I know what it is. "Even for a rabbit" might think some people.

krack-head
Deleted

Nov 25, 2002, 6:19 PM
Post #8 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks guys, My wife and I (while hating most people) LOVE animals (esp. bunnies) We did decide to keep the dog, for it was gross negligence on our part. I doubt the dog new any better. I do, however, keep an ever-vigilant eye on Dakota(dog) when around my two cats. I too worry about the effects of the tasting of first blood. But so far so good. Nothin' you can do now, right?
Meghan, We do keep her inside for the summer months but she loved to run the yard and the cool weather does her good.

M.

thomasribiere

Nov 25, 2002, 6:55 PM
Post #9 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Matt, the taste of blood isn't the problem.

The problem is the inter and intra-specific socialization. During the 15th day and the 2nd month, dogs (and cats) develop their socialization abilities, both intraspecific (with other dogs - any dog will so be recognized as a dog, whatever its size and colour) and interspecific.

Interspecific socialization in something more difficult to develop in the dog. This allowed a dog to know the human being, to know the cats, to know every other species. But the range of beings must be wide... Explanation : a dog who grows with a single white small woman will be afraid of tall women, of men, of black people, of people in uniforms... If your dog didn't live with cats during this important period of his brain developpment, he might prey them.

Anyway, with time, you can have him accept your cats, but caution!

hope this scientific lesson was interesting and may help you.

Thomas, vet on-line.

marks

Nov 25, 2002, 7:17 PM
Post #10 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my girlfriends rabbit died of old age last week,i bought it for her 6 years ago.it did not bother me but she was upset.so i surprised her with a baby rabbit at the weekend.am i in her good books,that should buy me atleast 10 weekends worth of climbing with my mates

krack-head
Deleted

Nov 25, 2002, 7:45 PM
Post #11 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thomas, Thank you so much that was a very interesting fact that, until now, I was completely unaware. I will indeed keep watching the dog's interaction with the cats but like you said in time they should get along. The info is greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the missus. To everyone else, we also thank you.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook