Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

shadowsandwich

Jul 5, 2009, 6:52 PM
Post #76 of 116 (2336 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
Majid you are truly a one of a kind tool......[Insert Bitching at Majid]......

Trolling the troller?

majid_sabet

Jul 5, 2009, 7:57 PM
Post #77 of 116 (2312 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
Majid you are truly a one of a kind tool. The only thing that is worthless in this post is you. That video from First Assent hosts a world class elite climber on one of the hardest trad lines in the world, The Cobra Crack. The people in that video are straight pro. For a complete rookie such as yourself to comment on anything in that video is unfathomably ridiculous. Everything in that video is so incomprehensibly beyond you it disgusts me to even see you reference that video. It was funny when you talk shit about some of the local climbers on this forum but to talk about an elite level climbing team as if you were better.... well your digging your own grave... I have met some of the people in that video that attempted that crack and I can assure you they know what the hell they are doing. Well beyond that of anything you could possibly hope understand. The people in that video can onsight free solo harder then you can aid climb on top rope...

The chick did a good job belaying. He was some 15 feet above his last piece on a very steep route. A huge whipper was guaranteed. She did exactly what she was suppose to. Please do try to stick to your class and refrain from criticizing the top .001%... At your current rate I expect you will create a post any day on how Sharma does not know what he is doing because he didn’t use a Majid approved quickdraw... Please...

ok, I am a worthless dude but what does that make you for continuing argueing with me ?

wait i know the answer

you see, you are trying to prove you are right and you would not give up till you prove your point (assuming you got one) while i say my point and move on.

the rest is all yours. IMO, she was poor belayer and that is it.l

bill413

Jul 5, 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #78 of 116 (2282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
Sharma does not know what he is doing because he didn’t use a Majid approved quickdraw.

He doesn't? Shocked

mabijou

Jul 6, 2009, 1:30 AM
Post #79 of 116 (2253 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kriso9tails] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I second your vote for the girl!!

kriso9tails

Jul 6, 2009, 2:49 AM
Post #80 of 116 (2243 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
IMO, she was poor belayer and that is it.

It's your opinion and that's it? Is it really your opinion? I find that hard to believe; no one is that stupid in real life. Er, on second though, I take that back.

In reply to:
you see, you are trying to prove you are right and you would not give up till you prove your point (assuming you got one) while i say my point and move on.

I thought that was a nice touch though. Thanks for keeping this one going on such a dull weekend. Carry on.

apeman_e

Jul 6, 2009, 3:03 PM
Post #81 of 116 (2206 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Khoi] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Does anyone remember majid's much-awaited thumb injury post? Certainly time consuming and in depth for a troll.

Just playing devil's advocate...

wcm

Jul 7, 2009, 7:12 PM
Post #82 of 116 (2142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clap clap bump to USnavy's post

(This post was edited by wcm on Jul 7, 2009, 8:33 PM)

dingus

Jul 7, 2009, 7:23 PM
Post #83 of 116 (2134 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockandlice] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rockandlice wrote:
Ding ding ding!

Yes?

Oh! You didn't mean me explicitly?

Lord of Trolls or clueless SAR wannabe... or both...

are the details that trip people up.

But majid says things and asks things no one else will ask. These trolls bring out a variety of responses and usually some semblance of a discussion arises out of them

(amidst the tiresome attacks against Majid by the self-annpointed internet cops)

and good info flows.

Troll or man, real or invented?

Boku has climbed with Majid and been criticized publicly for it, by Majid himself.

I have climbed with Boku and could easily settle this in my own mind.

yet I have not asked Bob about majid and have no plans to do so....

know why?

Because I don't fucking care if he's troll or not. That makes me immune to the things he does that bothers others.

DMT

dynosore

Jul 7, 2009, 7:51 PM
Post #84 of 116 (2104 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I know majid is real cuz I saw him on youtube rappin' core strands. And I saw Santa when I was just a wee little dude too, therefore......

Partner cracklover

Jul 7, 2009, 8:17 PM
Post #85 of 116 (2068 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Translation:

USnavy wrote:
I've met the people in that video. They're uber-cool super-climbers. Majid, you insulted me and my buds. Your stupid.

GO

kriso9tails

Jul 7, 2009, 8:32 PM
Post #86 of 116 (2054 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dynosore] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dynosore wrote:
I know majid is real cuz I saw him on youtube rappin' core strands. And I saw Santa when I was just a wee little dude too, therefore......

Therefore... Majid is Santa? Wait, wait, let me go back to the beginning; I might have messed something up. Aw, screw it; it doesn't matter.

Now where are my presents Majid Clause?!?!?!

shimanilami

Jul 7, 2009, 8:34 PM
Post #87 of 116 (2051 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Right on, Dingus.

I know Majid personally and have climbed with him. Besides double checking my knots and systems ad nauseum, he's a competent and fun guy to climb with.

And he is the King of Trolls.

ALL HAIL, MAJID!!!

majid_sabet

Jul 7, 2009, 8:36 PM
Post #88 of 116 (2046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
rockandlice wrote:
Ding ding ding!

Yes?

Oh! You didn't mean me explicitly?

Lord of Trolls or clueless SAR wannabe... or both...

are the details that trip people up.

But majid says things and asks things no one else will ask. These trolls bring out a variety of responses and usually some semblance of a discussion arises out of them

(amidst the tiresome attacks against Majid by the self-annpointed internet cops)

and good info flows.

Troll or man, real or invented?

Boku has climbed with Majid and been criticized publicly for it, by Majid himself.

I have climbed with Boku and could easily settle this in my own mind.

yet I have not asked Bob about majid and have no plans to do so....

know why?

Because I don't fucking care if he's troll or not. That makes me immune to the things he does that bothers others.

DMT

ohh Dingus

some of the nicest climbers in this site became the worse as*holes on the same site not because I turned them in to an as*holes person but because I pulled their other hidden images out and showed it to others and themselves.

I am pretty sure you are a good person in and out and that is why you are immune to my ......whatever.

rockandlice

Jul 7, 2009, 8:42 PM
Post #89 of 116 (2036 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:
Right on, Dingus.

I know Majid personally and have climbed with him. Besides double checking my knots and systems ad nauseum, he's a competent and fun guy to climb with.

ALL HAIL, MAJID!!!

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about here. You are out of your league. I mean seriously, can't you see you registered your rc.n00b account long after kriso9tails? Wink

kriso9tails

Jul 7, 2009, 8:58 PM
Post #90 of 116 (2014 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rockandlice wrote:
shimanilami wrote:
Right on, Dingus.

ALL HAIL, MAJID!!!

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about here. You are out of your league. I mean seriously, can't you see you registered your rc.n00b account long after kriso9tails? Wink

He agrees with Dingus, and my stance and Dingus' don't conflict here. I'm not sure that you get what my original stance was though, but you aren't missing out on much.

majid_sabet

Jul 7, 2009, 9:03 PM
Post #91 of 116 (2003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

stop calling me troll or derailing this post and let's focus on the topic.

kriso9tails

Jul 7, 2009, 9:37 PM
Post #92 of 116 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:

While you aren't the boss of me, if you want to talk about the topic, your notions on belaying seem to border on absurd and unless you are willing to qualify your stance, it's hard to carry forward.

It seems that you criticize the length of the fall, but the climber didn't deck this time or any other time that he took that fall, nor did he hit any obstacles. I don't recall any reports of Didier being injured at this time, so if he was, it was either minor or you should go find some evidence of this.

You criticize the slack in the system in the frame that you froze, but there wasn't an unnecessary amount of slack apparent right before he fell, so where did it come from? From the belayer? She was yarding in an armful.

You criticized how high her arm came as she pulled in that arm of slack. It is a bit higher than strictly needed, I suppose, but it was a timed, broad motion moving into a locked position. If it was ill-timed, she still would have locked it off. If she hadn't raised her hand above the device it would have either been harder to yard in slack or should would have prematurely locked off the device.

At the very least, whether you like her belaying method or not, what she did there preserved his life and limb, so compared to having no one there, I'd have to say that she has at least some worth.

I think I've repeated half of what was said in this thread. I suppose you could go back and reread the rest at your leisure. That'll $5 for the recap fee.

rockandlice

Jul 7, 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #93 of 116 (1965 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:
rockandlice wrote:
shimanilami wrote:
Right on, Dingus.

ALL HAIL, MAJID!!!

He agrees with Dingus, and my stance and Dingus' don't conflict here. I'm not sure that you get what my original stance was though, but you aren't missing out on much.

I thought your original stance was that Majid is %100 for real and not a troll. Shimanilami stated that he personally knows Majid, has climbed with him, and that he is the "King of trolls".

You're right though, certainly not missing out on much, but then again I didn't initiate the dialog between the two of us. Crazy

(This post was edited by rockandlice on Jul 7, 2009, 10:14 PM)

shimanilami

Jul 7, 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #94 of 116 (1952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:

You are too much, my friend.

kriso9tails

Jul 7, 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #95 of 116 (1935 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rockandlice wrote:
I thought your original stance was that Majid is %100 for real and not a troll. Shimanilami stated that he personally knows Majid, has climbed with him, and that he is the "King of trolls."

I'm not entirely sure how you came to that conclusion. It's wrong. I don't agree that he's the king of trolls, but that's merely a matter of opinion.

What you don't seem to have been around long enough to understand is that many of the users responding at the beginning of the thread were not being suckered by anyone or anything at the time.

marc801

Jul 7, 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #96 of 116 (1934 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow. For a while I thought we were headed for a kumbaya moment. It made me queasy.
Looks like it's all back to normal now.

yankinoz

Jul 7, 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #97 of 116 (1914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
let's focus on the topic.

ok let's:

perfect climber - nope. he fell off - worthless. When he sends it we can talk.
worthless belayer - nope. climber didn't deck. the belay was perfect. so perhaps you should call this topic:

worthless climber, perfect belayer

wcm

Jul 7, 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #98 of 116 (1899 views)
Shortcut

Re: [yankinoz] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Majid, have you considered that at the level Didier(sp?) climbs, and the 2 different trips and many months of work it took him to send this, including a tendon injury I believe, that he probably has a really good sense of the skillset of his belayer(s)??? If you can climb harder than Didier, then go ahead an rant on about his belayer, but if you cannot, I think your 4 pages of negativity should come to a halt.

If you have not seen the entire movie regarding Didiers very long projekt for the Cobra, I highly suggest watching the entire thing and not just this clip as it is very motivating/inspiring.

peace

(This post was edited by wcm on Jul 7, 2009, 11:40 PM)

majid_sabet

Jul 7, 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #99 of 116 (1877 views)
Shortcut

Re: [yankinoz] perfect climber, worthless belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

yankinoz wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
let's focus on the topic.

ok let's:

perfect climber - nope. he fell off - worthless. When he sends it we can talk.
worthless belayer - nope. climber didn't deck. the belay was perfect. so perhaps you should call this topic:

worthless climber, perfect belayer

You guys have double standards. if that dude decked than all of you would be ripping her apart like African dogs on how bad she belayed but here, you are all protecting how nice she did her DYNAMIC belay job to lower the shock load or whatever.

That climb is hard and I can see that like a bright day light. The leader is a badas* climber leading hard pitch and he is doing awesome job but the belayer IMO is not doing a good job. This time, she was lucky but next time, she may hurt someone.

rockandlice

Jul 8, 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #100 of 116 (1864 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kriso9tails wrote:
rockandlice wrote:
I thought your original stance was that Majid is %100 for real and not a troll. Shimanilami stated that he personally knows Majid, has climbed with him, and that he is the "King of trolls."

I'm not entirely sure how you came to that conclusion. It's wrong. I don't agree that he's the king of trolls, but that's merely a matter of opinion.

What you don't seem to have been around long enough to understand is that many of the users responding at the beginning of the thread were not being suckered by anyone or anything at the time.

Ok, so I get what you are trying to say, and sure, maybe a select few fall in the thought process Dingus was explaining. Heck, I know even a few of the posters replying are aware and placate to Majid. To say that is the truth of the majority is silly imo.

Again, not complaining, just enjoying. I find the antics and replies quite amusing.

(This post was edited by rockandlice on Jul 8, 2009, 12:26 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook