RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

socalbolter

Jul 14, 2009, 9:35 PM
Post #1 of 2 (875 views)
Shortcut

SLO-OP 3 - New Bouldering Gym
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

For those that aren't familiar with the history, a group of dedicated climbers pooled their funds and rented a small storage unit some years ago. They then proceeded to fill the space with climbing walls and had their own mini-gym. That original facility (Slo-Op 1) was enjoyed by many and they even hosted some competitions. One day the inevitable happened though and they had to tear down their walls.

The main users took the tear down in stride and did not give up. Instead they rented a larger commercial space and built a far larger version of what they used to enjoy. After a couple of years, the number of people using this new Slo-Op 2 facility was far larger than what was ever envisioned and so once again it was time to move.

Construction is now drawing to a close on Slo-Op 3, and they went big this time. Well over 3000 square feet of top-notch bouldering terrain will be suplemented by a dedicated slackline area, a campus board, and an adjustable crack machine. The bouldering terrain is where the new Slo-Op really shines though. There is a good mix of angles (including plenty of steep terrain)on which to climb and almost everything offers top-out options to better simulate the outdoor bouldering experience. The walls are tall too. Many of them topout between 14 and 16 feet above the floor.

Regardless of your climbing ability or angle preference you should check the place out. If you're within a couple of hours drive from San Luis Obispo, it would be well worth the drive to climb on these boulders. If you live closer, you should be very happy because you have a wonderful new facility in which to climb. I only wish it was a few hours closer to home for me. I guess I may need to take a road trip...

acorneau

Jul 15, 2009, 1:30 AM
Post #2 of 2 (834 views)
Shortcut

Re: [socalbolter] SLO-OP 3 - New Bouldering Gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So, when are all these people going to get into climbing?!?

CrazyLaughCoolTongue

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook