RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

klinich615

Aug 14, 2009, 2:00 PM
Post #1 of 2 (929 views)
Shortcut

Lilly Boulders, TN
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am from Cleveland, but will be down in Knoxville for business the week of 9/8 and I'm really stoked about getting to the Lilly Boulders everyday after work. If anyone wants to join me who has some local knowledge of the area I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I need more precise directions coming from Knoxville.

Cheers,

Kevin Linich

Mastertater

Aug 17, 2009, 3:00 AM
Post #2 of 2 (903 views)
Shortcut

Re: [klinich615] Lilly Boulders, TN [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

From Knoxville:

40 east and get off at the exit for Oak Ridge which is 62
Then stay on that road through Oak Ridge then into Oliver Springs for about 20 minutes then turn Right (at the light) to stay on 62. You will see "downtown" Oliver Springs on your left. Then stay on that road for 20 miles or so until you reach Whartburg. You will pass a Hardees on your left and make a right at the next light. Then stay on that road which is now like 27/62 for about 2 miles and then turn left. I believe there is a sign for Obed Wild and Scenic River. Stay on this road for probably ten miles and then make a left when you see the Obed Wild and Scenic River sign. It is pretty obvious. Then, stay on that road and you will go over Lilly Bridge, up a hill, and see the Lilly Overlook parking area. There is a trailhead marked for the boulderfield and it is a nice 5-10 minute walk down.

I am tentatively scheduled to take the kids to the beach that week, but I will PM you my number. You can check with The Climbing Center in Knoxville. The manager just moved down from around Cleveland.

Good Luck!!

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook