RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

ihatesleep

Aug 28, 2009, 5:30 PM
Post #1 of 2 (963 views)
Shortcut

Campsites at the Red River Gorge
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've got a group of about 8-10 people heading out to the RRG for Labor Day Weekend. Miguel's sounds great for eating pizza, but not so much for sleeping... I've heard that Lago Linda Hideaway and Land of the Arches campground is pretty good...

Anyone care to share their experiences with those places or recommend another site?

Thanks!

lena_chita

Aug 28, 2009, 5:48 PM
Post #2 of 2 (953 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ihatesleep] Campsites at the Red River Gorge [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Both Land of the Arches and Lago Linda are climber-friendly, cost the same and have similar number of showers. land of the Arches is newer, so it has less of a "settled" feel to it.

You don't need to reserve sites ahead of time, though at Lago Linda you can, if you want to have the wooded campsite for your group. It might be better to do so, if you have a larger group of people, so you have your own place to hang out and don't take over the common shelter.

I prefer Lago Linda, but it really is a matter your plans for the weekend. If you plan to eat at Miguel's and climb in Muir Valley or anywhere in the Eastern, Nothern or Central area, then it makes more sense to stay at Land of the Arches-- it is centrally located and closer to Miguel's. If you plan to climb in the Southern Region, and don't need to drive to Miguel's to eat, then Lago Linda makes more sense.

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook