RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

blackstarcyn

Oct 17, 2009, 8:51 PM
Post #1 of 9 (1403 views)
Shortcut

1-4 week trip to joshua tree or bishop?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I live in south oc and have a car that is not running too well... well enough to get to josh or bishop and stay for a while. I want to go and boulder for a week to a month. I have a pad and the passion to climb for as long as I possibly can. I am willing to go whenever. I just turned 18 and have only been bouldering for about 5 months, but am eager to push my self and get better. If this sounds good to anyone, let me know.

nodakclimber

Oct 19, 2009, 9:51 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1367 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blackstarcyn] 1-4 week trip to joshua tree or bishop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You should go to Bishop. I got back last night and would leave again tomorrow if I could.

donald949

Oct 19, 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1363 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

blackstarcyn wrote:
I live in south oc and have a car that is not running too well... well enough to get to josh or bishop and stay for a while. I want to go and boulder for a week to a month. I have a pad and the passion to climb for as long as I possibly can. I am willing to go whenever. I just turned 18 and have only been bouldering for about 5 months, but am eager to push my self and get better. If this sounds good to anyone, let me know.

Where do you normally boulder and climb at? Is there any place in Black Star Canyon? I'm also from S OC.
If your car is soso shape, getting to Josh would be a lot easier. A less likely to be stranded in the middle nowhere. Take a bike to pedal to where you want to go.

blackstarcyn

Oct 19, 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1359 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] 1-4 week trip to joshua tree or bishop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have looked all over the canyons by my place and have only found one boulder, and theres a very hard dyno by blackstar on really sandy rock. I usually go to big bear, san diego, or ortega. and I would definately bring my bike if my pad didnt take up so much room in my little honda civic... where in s oc are you at?

donald949

Oct 20, 2009, 4:51 PM
Post #5 of 9 (1330 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

blackstarcyn wrote:
I have looked all over the canyons by my place and have only found one boulder, and theres a very hard dyno by blackstar on really sandy rock. I usually go to big bear, san diego, or ortega. and I would definately bring my bike if my pad didnt take up so much room in my little honda civic... where in s oc are you at?

Still no local climbing, bummer.
I'm in Mission Viejo. Don

blackstarcyn

Oct 21, 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #6 of 9 (1319 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] 1-4 week trip to joshua tree or bishop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

o nice... I live by trabuco canyon... what do you like to climb? and how often and where do you go?

donald949

Oct 21, 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #7 of 9 (1315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

blackstarcyn wrote:
o nice... I live by trabuco canyon... what do you like to climb? and how often and where do you go?

I like to climb.
Usually trad, but clipping bolts is all good too.
Locally we get to Big Rock at Peris Lake. As often as alignment of work/munchkins/wife/birthdays/holidays/weather/partners will let me get a Saturday off. I'd climb most every weekend, but I'm happy if I get out once a month. Josh couple times a year in the winter/spring. The last several summers have been sparse, for a varity of reasons. But I just got back from Sespe Gorge the previous weekend. Which was my summer weekend climb this year.

headbutt78

Oct 23, 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #8 of 9 (1263 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Interesting post.
With unemployment rate at 10% I'm surprised there aren't more climbers looking for partners to go "dirtbagging" in Josh,Bishop,yose,RR. Issues like ;food, camping, transportation may be more important then climbing when seeking/choosing partners. I have plenty of time on my hands, love to camp in the desert, need help with costs, have a good running vehicle with enough room for 3-4 other people and their stuff.
So exuse me, BSC, for wanting to take over your thread, but I want to make this offer to you and anyone in the SoCal area, if you're interested in dirtbagging for a week or so, PM me or BSC.

blackstarcyn

Oct 24, 2009, 4:10 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Re: [headbutt78] 1-4 week trip to joshua tree or bishop? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds like a plan. Once enough people want in and we can split the costs a bit, we should get something going.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook