RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

cliffmama

Mar 14, 2010, 4:15 AM
Post #1 of 4 (994 views)
Shortcut

Looking for people/families to climb with at Joshua Tree week of April 5th
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm a Gunks climber with a 13 year old kid, we're spending spring break in JTree the week of April 5th for around 4 days (give or take a day) to climb. I lead about 5.8 trad, 5.10 sport, my kid can TR 5.10+ but doesn't lead belay (she's only 70 pounds). We love climbing with other families with kids of similar age and ability and it would make it much easier for me to have other adults around who can lead belay and help set up climbs so I'm not on top rope anchor slave duty for my kid the whole time.

So it would be great to find a local family to climb and socialize with, or any kid-friendly climbers who want to climb with us. Would be happy to return the favor if you ever visit the Gunks. I've been climbing for 29 years, my kid has been climbing for 8 years, we're very safety conscious and enjoy making new friends.

p.s. any recommendations for cheap motels around Joshua Tree or 29 Palms that have internet?

Jannette

aquadood

Mar 14, 2010, 6:09 PM
Post #2 of 4 (981 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cliffmama] Looking for people/families to climb with at Joshua Tree week of April 5th [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Janette,

The High Desert Motel is close to the park entry and is usually $50ish a night with good internet and clean rooms. Have fun.

Nathan

Partner happiegrrrl

Mar 15, 2010, 1:17 AM
Post #3 of 4 (971 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cliffmama] Looking for people/families to climb with at Joshua Tree week of April 5th [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Janette - I'll be in Jtree during your time! I arrive 3/31(though may spend a few days in RedRocks) and depart on 4/12.

While I do not have a family..... I'm happy to come out with you for a day or to and belay slave, photograph, lead easy(5.5 and less) or what have you.

Don't know how familiar you are with Joshua Tree, but I am fairly so, which can also be helpful. I'll be staying in Hidden Valley c/ground, most likely.

cliffmama

Mar 16, 2010, 2:23 AM
Post #4 of 4 (942 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Looking for people/families to climb with at Joshua Tree week of April 5th [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Terrie, that's terrific. Will plan further via email.

Jannette

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook