RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

majid_sabet

Apr 8, 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #1 of 7 (2358 views)
Shortcut

Rocks of Greenland
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This weekend while flying back to USA from Germany, I looked outside of the window of the 747 to check out the beautiful view of rock and ice over Greenland and noticed some serious looking big-walls over a deep canyon covered with solid glacier. Some walls were probably as tall as El Cap and few as clean cut as Half Dome.I do not think anyone ever been there in the remote part of the Greenland but those walls look nice.

Partner angry

Apr 8, 2010, 12:26 AM
Post #2 of 7 (2350 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Rocks of Greenland [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just booked my tickets to Greenland like 5 minutes ago. We aren't going to what you saw, we're heading to Tasermiut fjord.

From what I can tell, Greenland has the biggest most remote walls in the world. I feel fortunate that I get to experience something like that in my lifetime.

majid_sabet

Apr 8, 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #3 of 7 (2347 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Rocks of Greenland [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
I just booked my tickets to Greenland like 5 minutes ago. We aren't going to what you saw, we're heading to Tasermiut fjord.

From what I can tell, Greenland has the biggest most remote walls in the world. I feel fortunate that I get to experience something like that in my lifetime.

Johnny

What I saw were pretty amazing and obviously so remote that you need a privet plane full of food,gas and gear just to get there but I am sure its as good as climbing Everest .

Are you going to another burger job in another island or what ?

Partner angry

Apr 8, 2010, 12:38 AM
Post #4 of 7 (2345 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
angry wrote:

Johnny

What I saw were pretty amazing and obviously so remote that you need a privet plane full of food,gas and gear just to get there but I am sure its as good as climbing Everest .

Are you going to another burger job in another island or what ?

Nope, I'm keeping my burger job here for a while. Just heading to Greenland this summer to climb some big rocks while it's too hot here. Should I bring a camera?

dynosore

Apr 8, 2010, 1:43 AM
Post #5 of 7 (2327 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AAJ had a good article a few years back about eastern Greenland.

wallwombat

Apr 8, 2010, 5:24 AM
Post #6 of 7 (2295 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dynosore] Rocks of Greenland [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is stuff on recent expeditions to remote parts of Greenland in the Mountain Info section of the January and Febuary editions of CLIMB magazine

It's online at http://www.climbmagazine.com under Archives.

Overall, I find the Mountain Info section of the site's Archives is a great source of mountain info, normally complete with great photos and topos.

(This post was edited by wallwombat on Apr 8, 2010, 5:28 AM)

acorneau

Apr 8, 2010, 5:02 PM
Post #7 of 7 (2261 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Rocks of Greenland [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:

Sorry Angry, I bagged all the first ascents last weekend. There might be a few chossy 5.6's left over, though.

Better luck next time. Wink

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook