RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

ddarko34

May 11, 2010, 9:02 AM
Post #1 of 4 (753 views)
Shortcut

beta on laos/vietnam?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

looking into possible climbing destinations outside of thailand. Vang Vieng or Luang Prabang any good? from what i can make of it:

limestone, sport. good bolts, less traffic. difficult routes (for me, probably 5.7 -5.9 would be within my range, cuz i suck sh*t rite now)

vietnam? ha long bay? just heard about deep water soloing. any advice here?

guangzhou

May 12, 2010, 12:26 AM
Post #2 of 4 (696 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddarko34] beta on laos/vietnam? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've collect some info on Laos. Shoot me an emal and I send you a PDF with relevant info.

matterunomama

Jun 14, 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #3 of 4 (586 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

www.slopony.com

bandycoot

Jun 14, 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #4 of 4 (575 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ddarko34 wrote:
looking into possible climbing destinations outside of thailand. Vang Vieng or Luang Prabang any good? from what i can make of it:

limestone, sport. good bolts, less traffic. difficult routes (for me, probably 5.7 -5.9 would be within my range, cuz i suck sh*t rite now)

vietnam? ha long bay? just heard about deep water soloing. any advice here?

I can't recommend www.slopony.com enough. Eric and his staff were great while I was there. There are sport routes in the area, both on Cat Ba Island where Slopony is based and out on the islands. There is also deep water soloing. When I went there, slopony had PERFECT directions on how to get to Cat Ba island from Hanoi.

As far as Laos goes, most of the documented climbing is in Vang Vieng. There is also the "tubing" which can be a fun (yet somewhat dangerous) way to pass the time. When I was in Vang Vieng, there were multiple guide companies, and at least one of them had a guide book you could purchase for a couple of dollars. You can either pay for your own transportation, or what we did was just pay the local guide service to catch a ride out to the crag when they took others out who needed a guide. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll do my best to answer.

Josh

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook