Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner angry

May 22, 2010, 3:20 AM
Post #26 of 37 (862 views)
Shortcut

Re: [DoctorSalt] Fences and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I took similar whippers onto trees when I was your age. I'm still here.

Speaking of age, you never gave it and I never looked at your profile. I'll wager that you are between 18-21 and learned to climb within the last 4-12 months.

squishy654

May 22, 2010, 3:47 AM
Post #27 of 37 (853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

DoctorSalt wrote:
:) Replies made me lol.

Guess what? Maybe I'm the craziest fucking idiot on the planet or something, but it went perfectly. On the backstop theres huge metal beams going up (by which the fencing connects) and heavy duty metal loops around those. My friend clipped into that. From there that person climbed up to just around where it over hangs and let go, so I could practice giving softer falls.

Couldn't have went better, nothing wrong happened at all, though one single clip was kinda hard to get out because it was clipped over the whole metal loop, instead of inside it.

sbaclimber

May 22, 2010, 6:47 AM
Post #28 of 37 (835 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DoctorSalt wrote:

Guess what? Maybe I'm the craziest fucking idiot on the planet or something, but it went perfectly. On the backstop theres huge metal beams going up (by which the fencing connects) and heavy duty metal loops around those. My friend clipped into that. From there that person climbed up to just around where it over hangs and let go, so I could practice giving softer falls.

Couldn't have went better, nothing wrong happened at all, though one single clip was kinda hard to get out because it was clipped over the whole metal loop, instead of inside it.
Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrghhh!!! You did talke any video!!?
It would have fit so nicely next to Magnus' drainpipeLaugh

qwert

May 22, 2010, 2:58 PM
Post #29 of 37 (807 views)
Shortcut

Re: [walkonyourhands] Fences and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

walkonyourhands wrote:
qwert wrote:

shure. Go for it! Crazy

qwert

You did it again, dammit! It's driving me crazy. Tongue
whoops, sorry!
Do you really notice that stuff enough to - well - notice it?

I am just so used to sch. sh is never used in german ...

qwert

DoctorSalt

May 22, 2010, 4:46 PM
Post #30 of 37 (783 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sbaclimber] Fences and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
DoctorSalt wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrghhh!!! You didn't take any video!!?

Oh, sorry to disappoint. I intentionally didn't want to garner too much evidence from it, in case it somehow did go fowl. However, Seeing that I previously overlooked those heavy metal loops (thinking I'd somehow clip to the fence itself beforehand), this idea is a lot more feasible. Maybe i'll try taking a picture or two if there is a next time.

I_do

May 22, 2010, 4:49 PM
Post #31 of 37 (782 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DoctorSalt wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
DoctorSalt wrote:

Oh, sorry to disappoint. I intentionally didn't want to garner too much evidence from it, in case it somehow did go fowl. However, Seeing that I previously overlooked those heavy metal loops (thinking I'd somehow clip to the fence itself beforehand), this idea is a lot more feasible. Maybe i'll try taking a picture or two if there is a next time.

We wouldn't want things to get

would we?

Claypool

May 23, 2010, 7:11 PM
Post #32 of 37 (750 views)
Shortcut

Re: [I_do] Fences and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I_do wrote:
DoctorSalt wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
DoctorSalt wrote:

We wouldn't want things to get
[image]
http://theora.com/images/fowl.gif[/image]
would we?

What a poultry offering.

lisatim03

May 23, 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #33 of 37 (732 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Fences and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maybe you could put eye screws through a piece of plywood 1 ft x 1ft or so and stick the bolt through the fence and clip to it.maybe it will spread the weight.maybe not.good luck[

technogeekery

May 24, 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #34 of 37 (704 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"DoctorSalt wrote:

Nobody can call you chicken. Tongue

spikeddem

May 24, 2010, 1:05 AM
Post #35 of 37 (697 views)
Shortcut

Re: [technogeekery] Fences and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

But metal on metal kills.

darkgift06

May 25, 2010, 6:46 PM
Post #36 of 37 (632 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spikeddem] Fences and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I do recall some pics of someone dry tooling on a ball back stop.. but I don't have time to find them. & I think it was a free solo attempt.

bill413

May 25, 2010, 7:02 PM
Post #37 of 37 (619 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chalked4dyno] Fences and climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chalked4dyno wrote:
DoctorSalt wrote:

Couldn't have went better
, nothing wrong happened at all, though one single clip was kinda hard to get out because it was clipped over the whole metal loop, instead of inside it.

But it Could have gone worse You may have also succeeded at driving home drunk while texting and reading beginner tips on RC.com... Doesn't make it a good idea.

Oh. Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook