RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

sp00ki

Jun 21, 2010, 6:16 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1973 views)
Shortcut

Nicros Holds Starter set
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is anyone familiar with the Nicros Starter Set? How well would it fare on two fifteen degree walls?
Looking to set harder V4-V7 static problems (no jugs).

This seems to be the best $ for a new set, and their holds are awesome.

Thoughts?

synrock

Jun 21, 2010, 6:27 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1969 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sp00ki] Nicros Holds Starter set [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sp00ki wrote:
Is anyone familiar with the Nicros Starter Set? How well would it fare on two fifteen degree walls?
Looking to set harder V4-V7 static problems (no jugs).

This seems to be the best $ for a new set, and their holds are awesome.

Thoughts?

yeah - since you are in PA why don't you come visit state college. I'll give you the hunter rocks tour and sell you synrock holds or rockpods for way cheaper than nicros. The new rockpods are amazing on a 15 - just like climbing on real sandstone.

sp00ki

Jun 21, 2010, 6:37 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1962 views)
Shortcut

Re: [synrock] Nicros Holds Starter set [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been to Hunters-- even had a shotgun pulled on me for climbing on private property!

I definitely plan to visit again in the future, and may take you up on the offer.

rschap

Jun 23, 2010, 12:54 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I’m not particularly fond of Nicros. The texture isn’t all that great and they are a lot heavier than other holds. I own a climbing gym in Colorado and I’m sure we see more traffic than a home wall but they seem to glass over faster than other holds as well. In my opinion starter sets suck anyways, they usually give you some good holds but there is always going to be the holds you just don’t like. Most of the hold companies have good pictures on their sites so you can pick just the holds you like. I’ve been looking over Climb-it’s web site getting ready to place an order and they have good close up shots with multiple views so you can really see what you’re getting.

We got some Synrock holds awhile back and the biggest advantage I can see is you can climb on them longer before your hands get fried and the texture is awesome.

sp00ki

Jun 23, 2010, 3:35 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1874 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rschap] Nicros Holds Starter set [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What do you think of Climb-it? I definitely recognize the cross symbol from our gym, but i can't quite remember what the texture is like.
I'd be curious to how this would stand up to daily climbing (the wall is going to see traffic daily from either my gf or i).

rschap

Jun 26, 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1836 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The gym I used to work at had a ton of Climb-it holds and I really liked them. They have great texture and even the older (like 10+ years) holds still had better texture then some of the other older holds. I plan on ordering a bunch of climb-it holds for this gym real soon. You might also look at So Ill, I’m not a big fan but all the setters here love them.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook