Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Tagging...AGAIN
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

digitsdelight

Aug 2, 2010, 9:38 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1977 views)
Shortcut

Tagging...AGAIN  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Diego_County: Santee_Boulders)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If u haven't already noticed, the bottom of the south face of Moby Dick is tagged. Again, please contact the local S.D.P..D. (6195312000) if you see this being done, airsoft / paintballers or off-road activity (this is S.D.P.D. jurisdiction not Sherrif Dept. I've gone round and round with both dept's more than once and they will literally insist that it is one anothers jurisdiction and bounce you around from one phone # to another unless you tell them yourself that it is in S.D.P.D.'s catchment area. Tell them it is in "open space" north of West Hills Pkwy and Mast Blvd. in Santee. Don't let the dispatcher transfer you to the Sherrif Dept.!

Remember, this is your climbing area and it takes a group effort to prevent this area from becoming closed because of non-climbing related incidences, ie; airsoft / paintball injuries or off-road accidents. You're not the "bad guy" by doing this! It's equivalent to taking it upon yourself to carry out trash while you're out there. Please be a participant and not just a spectator (I was one of those "punk kids" b.i.t.d. out with my truck parked at the amphitheater when I was asked out of the area by S.D.P.D.'s Bell chopper). Add S.D.P.D.'s number to your cell so you'll have it when necessary.

(This post was edited by digitsdelight on Aug 2, 2010, 10:09 PM)

bandycoot

Aug 2, 2010, 9:48 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1964 views)
Shortcut

Re: [digitsdelight] Tagging...AGAIN [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The cops out there are are truly a waste of tax dollars. I called in once while paintballers were taking loads of trash (old furniture, etc) out there to set up as barricades. I told the cops where the guys were, and that they could call me on my cell phone when they arrived if they needed help identifying who it was. The cops rolled up in their car and talked to some who were walking along the road. They were too lazy to even get out of their car. No tickets, didn't have them pick up their trash, didn't call me, NOTHING.

Thanks SDPD...

Josh

illusiondweller

Nov 5, 2010, 6:57 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bandycoot] Tagging...AGAIN [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I still recommend S.D.P.D. Josh if you can't make any headway confronting them yourselves. "Meekness, the ability for God's people to deal with others WITHOUT causing friction," is admittedly tough to do. I've met with great success, though, in having paintballers and offroaders removed from the area.

Btw, the city of San Diego has an incentive program called, "Spray and Pay" wihich offers "up to a $500.00 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of graffiti vandals. Vandalism is a crime. If you see a grafitti crime in progress, call 9-1-1." I'll try and get some of these pamphlets out to the climbing community somehow. Any suggestions on how to distribute these would be great!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook