Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

gerbil

Sep 3, 2010, 1:13 PM
Post #26 of 35 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jezzzica] Gunks camping violation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

the multi-use area is still open for camping, the some of the campsites near the road have been closed because they have gotten trashed by parties

iron106

Sep 3, 2010, 1:14 PM
Post #27 of 35 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have confused the "camp here" signs with the "No camping here" signs before.

I didn't get a ticket though.

marc801

Sep 3, 2010, 2:27 PM
Post #28 of 35 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sbaclimber] Gunks camping violation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
marc801 wrote:
Julka7 wrote:
To answer your question -- the ticket is $125, which I think is a little steep. It needs to be paid within about 10 days (no personal checks accepted) otherwise your license gets suspended. Welcome to the Gunks.
How can NY suspend a NJ license?
They can't.....but they can suspend your privilege to drive in NYWink
Doh! Of course. OK, I'm awake now.

subantz

Sep 3, 2010, 2:29 PM
Post #29 of 35 (1146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

jezzzica wrote:
Thanks for the reply, though that is definitely more money than I expected it to be. (I guessed $100 tops.)

I guess it is almost nice that they only give one person the ticket- just seemed very odd to me. And I definitly saw him giving other females tickets and no males... Oh well.

Julka7 wrote:
To answer your question -- the ticket is $125, which I think is a little steep. It needs to be paid within about 10 days (no personal checks accepted) otherwise your license gets suspended. Welcome to the Gunks.
Next time show more boob! Its tried and true...

Partner happiegrrrl

Sep 3, 2010, 7:15 PM
Post #30 of 35 (1075 views)
Shortcut

Re: [subantz] Gunks camping violation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Speaking of people trashing the MUA - this was what it looked like a couple months ago:
The sounth side of road)

North side:

I cleaned up all that crap one day - TEN contractor Bags full of filthy, piggy-people crap. The "best" was this:

It stayed "nice" at the MUA until about a week ago. I see that the north side has a bunch of garbage strewn around again...

It looks to me like some people "might" be taking a big garbage bag and maybe are cleaning up from others - but then leaving the bag at the roadside. While that's a nice thing to do - there is no garbage pick-up at the MUA. And left overnight, the coyotes, raccoons and other animals will tear into the bags.

However - if you DO ever do a clean-up, you can contact the DEC and tell them you have done so. I am told they will send the ranger(yes, that nasty one referred to above....hahahah) to go pick up the bags.

As for the OP - If they have camped there all the time they mention, and didn't already know that they had to take care in camping only in (currently) designated sites - well....it's probably amazing they never got busted before now.

bill413

Sep 3, 2010, 8:34 PM
Post #31 of 35 (1051 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Gunks camping violation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, grrrl, those are some nasty pictures. Thanks for doing clean-up.

Sigh - LNT appears to mean the wrong thing to some folks. ("Leave Nasty Trash?")

I wonder, if you do do a clean-up, it might be best to call the DEC instead of carting it out yourself...that way they know some of us are working to help & preserve the MUA resource.

mojomonkey

Sep 7, 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #32 of 35 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
However - if you DO ever do a clean-up, you can contact the DEC and tell them you have done so. I am told they will send the ranger(yes, that nasty one referred to above....hahahah) to go pick up the bags.

What is the number to call? I usually see garbage about and wouldn't mind bagging it all up, but my car is usually packed on trips and I don't want to drive around town with it on someones lap looking for a place I'd be allowed to dump a bag or two...

losbill

Sep 7, 2010, 1:30 PM
Post #33 of 35 (979 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mojomonkey] Gunks camping violation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Terrie -- Gud on ya! for the clean-up and setting a good example, as usual.

Sunday night as I was heading home there was a pile of bags by the kiosk. "What jerks!" I said to myself. Next time I will grab a bag or two and trash it at home. --- Bill

blueeyedclimber

Sep 7, 2010, 2:25 PM
Post #34 of 35 (951 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
Speaking of people trashing the MUA - this was what it looked like a couple months ago:
The sounth side of road)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/happiegrrrl/MUA005.jpg[/IMG]

North side:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/happiegrrrl/MUA007.jpg[/IMG]

I cleaned up all that crap one day - TEN contractor Bags full of filthy, piggy-people crap. The "best" was this:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/happiegrrrl/MUA010.jpg[/IMG]

It stayed "nice" at the MUA until about a week ago. I see that the north side has a bunch of garbage strewn around again...

It looks to me like some people "might" be taking a big garbage bag and maybe are cleaning up from others - but then leaving the bag at the roadside. While that's a nice thing to do - there is no garbage pick-up at the MUA. And left overnight, the coyotes, raccoons and other animals will tear into the bags.

As for the OP - If they have camped there all the time they mention, and didn't already know that they had to take care in camping only in (currently) designated sites - well....it's probably amazing they never got busted before now.

Unbelievable! I would have no problem saying something to someone if I saw them leave all their trash behind. What the hell is wrong with people!

Partner happiegrrrl

Sep 7, 2010, 4:32 PM
Post #35 of 35 (911 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] Gunks camping violation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just got a ride into town, and I see that, from this holiday weekend, the kiosk looks nearly identical to the pictures posted above. As of Friday, there was NO trash on that side of the road(even though the north side did have some)

As for the DEC telephone #, on this link:
http://www.dec.ny.gov/about/551.html
it says 845 - 256 - 3000.

That's the New Paltz office, and so I assume it covers this area, but it is the government, so who knows....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook