Nov 19, 2010, 3:13 PM
Post #1 of 5 (705 views)
Shortcut

F*#k you thyroid . . . .
Report this Post
Can't Post

Grumble grumble bitch moan

Grrrr.

Went to get my various prescriptions refilled on Wednesday and it turned out that every single one needed a doctor’s approval for more refills. Dang, all of them? This has never happened before. No big deal, all the pharmacist needs is a fax from the doctor saying that I can have more refills. Stuff like this happens all the time and is common practice, shouldn’t take more than day max.

That’s ok I though, I’m not supposed to leave for my little winterish backpacking trip until Friday.

Thursday rolls around and still no refills. I let the pharmacist know that I need this stuff to survive and that I’m now out of my drugs. The pharmacist is great and is able to get all but one of my prescriptions and emergency refill.

The only one she couldn’t get was for my under active thyroid condition.

So now I sit here at home with my gear all packed up, not able to head out on my trip, with an out of whack thyroid that is making me dizzy, cold, and generally unhappy.

Grumble, grumble, bitch moan.

Edited to fix, yup, speling

(This post was edited by chadnsc on Nov 19, 2010, 3:17 PM)

squierbypetzl

Nov 20, 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #2 of 5 (662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] F*#k you thyroid . . . . [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well that sucks. Where's your doc that he hasn't sent you another prescription? Hope they get heir shit together by tommorrow.

Tell the pharmacist that he's standing between you and the drugs you need to survive. That you already shot a man in Reno once in self defense, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

bill413

Nov 20, 2010, 1:42 AM
Post #3 of 5 (651 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] F*#k you thyroid . . . . [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That rots - call the doctor's office direct in the morning. I'd say it's not the pharmacist's fault - it's the doc's office (not necessarily the doc, though...).

GL

chadnsc

Nov 21, 2010, 7:27 PM
Post #4 of 5 (628 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] F*#k you thyroid . . . . [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Tee heee!

I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die?

I finally got the thyroid drugs. The pharmacist wasn't allowed to give out the drugs as the thyroid medication isn't life saving. They did call and fax the offending doctors office six different times. They did give me the doctors cell phone number though. . . .

With the new information I bugged Mrs. Doctor there. She was a bit unhappy and asked me from now on to call her office instead. I told her that I did, three days ago and that with the way her office had been performing I'd just keep on calling her personally instead.

An hour later I got a call from my diabetic doctor letting me know that Dr. Dumbass Bitch had transferred my thyroid script over to her.

I love it when I work the system. Laugh

bill413

Nov 22, 2010, 1:32 AM
Post #5 of 5 (605 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] F*#k you thyroid . . . . [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gratz!

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username: