RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

kraklio.linguistics

Jan 28, 2011, 6:50 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1311 views)
Shortcut

climbing near laramie, wy
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My name is Brandon, and in April, i will be moving to the laramie area for a year to go to college. I will however be looking for climbing partners once i head out there. anyone interested in showing me around the area would be great, have some passive pro, rope, and numerous other items, and am looking at expanding my trad rack to include more cams.

poteau_climber

Jan 30, 2011, 9:05 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1291 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kraklio.linguistics] climbing near laramie, wy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You can't throw a rock in any direction without hitting amazing climbing near laramie. I just moved away from there last week. Pick up a copy of Fat Crack Country at Big Hoss MTN Sports which is the best guidebook on the area and it fits in a cargo pocket, also swing into Cross Country Connection and grab a copy of the Rogers Canyon guide. Its an 11x17" page with hand drawn routes for about $0.50.

As for gear Leo at Big Hoss is the only person worth buying gear from in Laramie. He has the best prices and he's the only shop truly dedicated to real climbers and BC skiing. If you want to continue with trad you will need as much big gear as you can afford. And if you like sport you only have two options: Rogers Canyon and The Beehive Buttress at Browns Landing. Both have easy approaches and are arguably the closest climbing to Laramie.

Hope that helps, good luck with your partner search,

Will

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook