airscape

Nov 16, 2009, 8:49 PM
Post #26 of 49 (4955 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] Hey Wideguy, I found another tasty pour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:

You may as well be posting pictures of some guy's jogger nipple in my Breasts thread.

hmmmm...

gunkiemike

Nov 16, 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #27 of 49 (4947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
airscape wrote:
I assume you guys drink whiskey neat or on the rocks?

I have seen people adding a little drop of water to accentuate the flavour.

But I have never been able to drink any spirit like that. I've had some brandy that was warmed once, that wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't have been able to have more than a tot.
How do you do it?
It can't really that nice?

Whiskey and lemonade is nice though. But for the purests it is usually blasphemy.

WTF? Please stop posting in this thread...as you are ruining a good thing. You may as well be posting pictures of some guy's jogger nipple in my Breasts thread. If you're a guy, you just lost half of your man points. If you're a chick, please post a picture so we can decide if you're hot enough to stick around and be tolerated.

C'mon Airscape, don't give up. Keep posting anti-whiskey comments in this whiskey thread. A few more months of it and someone MIGHT just agree with you. Once.

Or maybe not.

airscape

Nov 17, 2009, 5:45 AM
Post #28 of 49 (4936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gunkiemike] Hey Wideguy, I found another tasty pour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gunkiemike wrote:
wjca wrote:
airscape wrote:
I assume you guys drink whiskey neat or on the rocks?

I have seen people adding a little drop of water to accentuate the flavour.

But I have never been able to drink any spirit like that. I've had some brandy that was warmed once, that wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't have been able to have more than a tot.
How do you do it?
It can't really that nice?

Whiskey and lemonade is nice though. But for the purests it is usually blasphemy.

WTF? Please stop posting in this thread...as you are ruining a good thing. You may as well be posting pictures of some guy's jogger nipple in my Breasts thread. If you're a guy, you just lost half of your man points. If you're a chick, please post a picture so we can decide if you're hot enough to stick around and be tolerated.

C'mon Airscape, don't give up. Keep posting anti-whiskey comments in this whiskey thread. A few more months of it and someone MIGHT just agree with you. Once.

Or maybe not.

How exactly was I being anti whiskey?
I was asking a questions about the drinking of whiskey and it's palatability neat.

qwert

Nov 17, 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #29 of 49 (4922 views)
Shortcut

Re: [airscape] Hey Wideguy, I found another tasty pour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

there are things that you can drink with lemonade, and some even have whiskey written on the bottles, however the stuff folks are talking about here does not belong in that category!

That said: some whiskeys are nice with a splash of water (but just a drop), or even on the rocks, but generally id go with pure. I guess i am generally a pure drinker, no matter which spirit it is, albeit i sometimes have to regret my decission for purity (e.g. Johnny Walker red or Smirnoff. How can you drink that crap?).

qwert

dlintz

Nov 18, 2009, 8:26 PM
Post #30 of 49 (4904 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Went shopping recently now that the weather is getting cold. I picked up the Pappy Van Winkle 15 year but haven't tried it yet.

Also bought a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel. They have a program where liquor store owners can personally taste and select a specific barrel for exclusive sale at their store. It's a nice everyday bourbon but nothing too amazing.

d.

gunkiemike

Nov 30, 2009, 1:21 AM
Post #31 of 49 (4868 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey wjca, check out my new chalk bag:

This is not your average Crown-Royal-bag-on-a-belt. It's got a chalkproof, fleecy inner bag and a polypropylene rim stiffener. These things are fun to make, but I need a 6th chalk bag like I need a 7th pink Tricam.

dlintz

Nov 30, 2009, 6:52 AM
Post #32 of 49 (4856 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gunkiemike wrote:

This is not your average Crown-Royal-bag-on-a-belt. It's got a chalkproof, fleecy inner bag and a polypropylene rim stiffener. These things are fun to make, but I need a 6th chalk bag like I need a 7th pink Tricam.

Drool.....not for the chalkbag.

d.

kylekienitz

Nov 30, 2009, 7:17 AM
Post #33 of 49 (4853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

airscape wrote:
Milkshake > whiskey

Yes, maybe 2 days out of the year.

Drinking whisky neat is the only way IMO.
I don't know much about whisky, but I just finished a 1.75L bottle of Makers Mark and I'm quite sad about that. At some point I'll have to try that stuff. It's not for poor college students though. Unsure

bill413

Nov 30, 2009, 1:45 PM
Post #34 of 49 (4830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gunkiemike wrote:

[image]http://mike.u13.net/Blantons2.jpg[/image]

Well, you do climb at the Gunks, so...

wjca

Nov 30, 2009, 3:35 PM
Post #35 of 49 (4825 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gunkiemike wrote:

Very nice. How was the whiskey?

acorneau

Nov 30, 2009, 4:07 PM
Post #36 of 49 (4816 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've given my dad a few bottles of Blanton's over the past few years. Good stuff.

I found out that they're now putting little letters molded in to the stoppers, so if you collect the right ones you can spell out "B-L-A-N-T-O-N-S"

Better get drinkin'!

Edit: found a linky: http://blantonsbourbon.com/Page.aspx?pageid=20

(This post was edited by acorneau on Nov 30, 2009, 4:10 PM)

wjca

Jan 26, 2011, 9:47 PM
Post #37 of 49 (4623 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acorneau] Hey Wideguy, I found another tasty pour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's been a while since we visited this thread. I've since cracked open a few new ones. All are really good, but I definitely like the George T. Stagg the best. It is really something special; not an everyday drink. I bought a bottle for my brother in celebration of his first child. It goes for about $100 a bottle, and pours at barrel strength (the bottle I bought was 143 proof). The first couple of sips are pretty hot.

I really wish the Four Roses wasn't owned by a Japanese company. Bourbon is an American drink, dammit.

airscape

Jan 27, 2011, 5:51 AM
Post #38 of 49 (4598 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
I really wish the Four Roses wasn't owned by a Japanese company. Bourbon is an American drink, dammit.

RICECIST!!

Partner wideguy

Jan 27, 2011, 7:10 PM
Post #39 of 49 (4585 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nothing so exotic here... but my wife did buy me a nice big bottle of knob creek for my birthday Cool

gunkiemike

Jan 29, 2011, 12:22 AM
Post #40 of 49 (4559 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
gunkiemike wrote:

In a word, GOOD. Blantons is probably my fave right now.

I have since killed a bottle of Jefferson Reserve (eh, good but not great, comparable I'd say to Knob Creek) and had a big glass of Eagle Rare 12 yr at a local fine restaurant. I might get a bottle of that next time I need to re-stock. Anyone have $0.02 to share on Eagle?

Partner macherry

Jan 29, 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #41 of 49 (4558 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] Hey Wideguy, I found another tasty pour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:
Nothing so exotic here... but my wife did buy me a nice big bottle of knob creek for my birthday Cool

she's a keeper

Partner wideguy

Jan 31, 2011, 7:00 PM
Post #42 of 49 (4542 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Hey Wideguy, I found another tasty pour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

MMhmm she sure is! Cool

gmggg

Jan 31, 2011, 9:26 PM
Post #43 of 49 (4536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gunkiemike wrote:
wjca wrote:
gunkiemike wrote:

In a word, GOOD. Blantons is probably my fave right now.

I have since killed a bottle of Jefferson Reserve (eh, good but not great, comparable I'd say to Knob Creek) and had a big glass of Eagle Rare 12 yr at a local fine restaurant. I might get a bottle of that next time I need to re-stock. Anyone have $0.02 to share on Eagle?

I'm not wowed by the Eagle rare at all. THis however just caught my fancy a few weeks ago. It's great great stuff...

wjca

Jan 31, 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #44 of 49 (4523 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gmggg] Hey Wideguy, I found another tasty pour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Willett produces a fine whisky. I have not had the Pot Still Reserve, but I have had others and in fact just killed a bottle of their 7 year old a couple of weeks ago. Willett is distilled by the same folks that make Noah's Mill that I posted up a couple of days ago.

Edited to add photo:

(This post was edited by wjca on Jan 31, 2011, 10:56 PM)

gmggg

Feb 1, 2011, 7:06 PM
Post #45 of 49 (4510 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
Willett produces a fine whisky. I have not had the Pot Still Reserve, but I have had others and in fact just killed a bottle of their 7 year old a couple of weeks ago. Willett is distilled by the same folks that make Noah's Mill that I posted up a couple of days ago.

Edited to add photo:

[image]http://www.thespiritmonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Willett-6-yr-47sm-214x300.gif[/image]

That's all correct.

Now here's a random question. I was talking to someone somewhere after having too much bourbon about a smallish distillery that writes the name of the song they were listening to while bottling on the labels. Ring a bell for anyone?

wjca

Feb 1, 2011, 9:56 PM
Post #46 of 49 (4501 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gmggg wrote:
wjca wrote:

Edited to add photo:

[image]http://www.thespiritmonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Willett-6-yr-47sm-214x300.gif[/image]

That's all correct.

Now here's a random question. I was talking to someone somewhere after having too much bourbon about a smallish distillery that writes the name of the song they were listening to while bottling on the labels. Ring a bell for anyone?

I do not know about this one. It sounds interesting though, unless the guys in the warehouse are into Wham or Culture Club or something similar.

curt

Feb 2, 2011, 4:38 AM
Post #47 of 49 (4493 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Hey Wideguy, I found another tasty pour [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Hey all!

Something else for your list:

The Guardian wrote:
Not only did Nikka's Yoichi 1987 vintage beat dozens of other labels to claim the single malt title at last year's world whisky awards - in Glasgow of all places - its rival distiller, Suntory, won the best blended whisky award with its 30-year-old Hibiki.

Japanese whisky leaves traditionalists on the rocks

Some of the other Suntory malt whiskys are called "Yamazaki" and I can get them here in AZ. Both are pretty good and remind me a bit of Glenlivet.

Curt

gmggg

Feb 2, 2011, 6:11 PM
Post #48 of 49 (4485 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
gmggg wrote:
wjca wrote:

Edited to add photo:

That's all correct.

I do not know about this one. It sounds interesting though, unless the guys in the warehouse are into Wham or Culture Club or something similar.

Or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

(This post was edited by gmggg on Feb 2, 2011, 6:12 PM)

Partner wideguy

Feb 4, 2011, 3:28 AM
Post #49 of 49 (4467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gmggg wrote:

I'm not wowed by the Eagle rare at all. THis however just caught my fancy a few weeks ago. It's great great stuff...

hmm and in my budget. Might have to find some of that to try

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook