RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

caveman

Dec 29, 2002, 8:19 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2747 views)
Shortcut

building a slackline
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

im thinking of building a slackline in my basement, and i'm wondering how it could be done. how much webbing to use, how to secure the webbing onto the walls and so on.

jetasun

Jan 18, 2003, 6:13 AM
Post #2 of 2 (2747 views)
Shortcut

building a slackline [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well...nobody has answered your question yet these last couple of weeks. And it's probably because it's really pretty ridiculous when think about all the fun you could have doing it outside. But then again, I've hit plastic golfballs inside when it's snowing outside so....

...Don't anchor to your wall; anchor to the floor. You probably have a nice solid chunk of concrete. Break out your nifty bolt kit and place two anchors (2.5 ft apart, perpendicular to the line) at each end, which is hopefully longer than 30ft. Now comes the tricky part. Make one A-frame for each end (1 A-frame= two 8foot 2x4's, 1in. dowel, X the boards about 2ft. from the top, drill a 1 1/8th hole through the X, insert 1in. dowel into the X, tie webbing across the bottom to keep it from spreading, BINGO...an A-frame or is it an X-Frame?). Attach some webbing to your anchors. Take that webbing to the top of the X in your A-frame. Wrap some webbing around the X, vertically, and then down to the other A-frame. Rig a similar set up on the other side, and rig a biner pulley on the line (see slackline.com for rigging ideas). That should do it...but watch your head.

Then again...you're probably slackline outside now anyway. Unless of course you are starting you own "underground" slackline following with bongs, strobe lights and rockin' tunes...Hell, I may even come over.

[ This Message was edited by: jetasun on 2003-01-18 15:03 ]

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook