RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

bthompson

Mar 25, 2011, 11:05 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1102 views)
Shortcut

Fred Beckey Slide Show April 14 Marquette
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Downwind Sports, South Superior Climbing Club, and the American Alpine Club is proud to present Fred Beckey. Beckey is America's best climber will be coming to NMU! Not sure who Becky is?

"Fred Beckey needs no introduction. His name is synonymous with climbing in North America. He has probably done more first ascents than anyone on the planet. His climbing resume is unfathomable. No one has climbed more climbs and more plac...es than Fred Beckey. All other climbers on earth are greenhorn beginner up-starts compared to Fred Beckey. From Alaskan mountains, Canadian peaks, Cascade alpine routes, Sierra rock adventures, crags everywhere, Big Walls, Mexican rock mountains, and sandstone towers in Monument Valley, Fred has left his mark, and usually by some first ascent route too. Now in his upper 80's, he's still at it. While most people his age are barely walking around with walkers, Fred is leading climbs at Joshua Tree (and other places too.) He's still traveling around to climbing areas and crags, shakin' it up, and getting down to the business"

Hope to see you there!

April 14th 7pm Northern Michigan University JXJ 103

cornstateclimber

Mar 25, 2011, 3:30 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1091 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bthompson] Fred Beckey Slide Show April 14 Marquette [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

that would be a great show to go to, fred beckey is truly one the Greats. unfortunently, funds barely allow me to get climbing, let alone to the shows. i would recomend anyone in the area go check it out!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook