RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

mtbdude91

Apr 16, 2011, 2:04 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1967 views)
Shortcut

Best climbing down the West Coast???
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey All,

Myself and a friend are plannign to cycle down the west coast from about Seattle to Southern california. Our goal is to do as much climbing as possible, but mostly it'll be just sport. We'll have minimal gear because we're looking to save weight. We are on bicycles after all. Single Pitch sport or TR climbs is what we're expecting to be doing mostly. Our bicycle route is going to be taking us right along the coast, but we won't mind diverging for a few days to hit up the next climbing spot.
What I'm wondering and need your help with is what are some good places that we should put on our route to go climb at? Places that are a few days inland (bike travel time) are OK, in fact that's kind of what we want our trip to look like. I've done alot of mountain projecting already, but that doesn't always get the good stuff out. So, if anyone has any ideas or places, or experience doing something like this, let me know! Suggestions welcome.
cool.

rnevius

Apr 16, 2011, 2:34 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1962 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mtbdude91] Best climbing down the West Coast??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You could climb for days in the Cerro Cabrillo and San Luis Obispo, CA areas. Plenty of TR options and a few sport routes. Will you at least be bringing a couple pieces of trad gear or are you sticking with sport?

mtbdude91

Apr 17, 2011, 3:05 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1911 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rnevius] Best climbing down the West Coast??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cool, I'll check those out. Neither of us have much trad gear, so we'll probably stick with TR and sport, and possibly some bouldering.

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook