Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing all over WMWR this year
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ipascoe

Apr 29, 2011, 6:03 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1101 views)
Shortcut

Climbing all over WMWR this year  (North_America: United_States: Oklahoma: Southwest: Wichita_Mountains)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sorry to all of you who can afford climbing gear. We can't, and thus we free solo/boulder it all the way. Try to head out to the refuge once a week, usually on Saturday. Contact us on here if you would like to go with us. Just a laid back group of enthusiasts, We spend a lot of time hiking to points and if it looks like a fun climb, we hit it. Look forward to us posting in the "routes" section in the future as we locate and scale these in our area. Also, if anyone has either a better description of the locations of these routes, or more preferably Lat&Lon it would be greatly appreciated because the descriptions given are quite poor, and I can't begin to try to locate them, instead we just head out, and find something to climb. Don't get me wrong, I love our standard "Go and Flow" but I would enjoy hitting climbs like Mr. Clean (5.8) or High Anxiety (5.7).

ipascoe

May 2, 2011, 1:18 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1055 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ipascoe] Climbing all over WMWR this year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hit up Boulder Creek Picnic Area this last weekend. Great hike with some pretty nice climbs along the way. Saw a few climbers out there with equipment and gear and such. Would be really nice to have some of my own, but our free soloing is getting more intense as we learn more and get stronger. Once again, anyone wishing to join us should message me or just reply in here...

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook