Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

blueeyedclimber

May 11, 2011, 1:25 PM
Post #51 of 67 (2020 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbrown2] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

jbrown2 wrote:
OK look. I know who you are. You know who you are. Your the one with all that new gear. I know, you love it. Your Excited to use it. You have playd with it for hours at home on the floor.

Here is a little hint. A little tid bit to get you to that next level of climbing.

You know that back pack you have. PUT YOUR GEAR IN IT. Clinking noises and having a full rack of whatever it may be hanging off your harnes, backpack, wherever. Pack it away.

Unless you are a going for a from car to climb back to car speed record on some climb get your gear in your pack. Nobody wants to hear clinking all day every day.

You need more reasons:
- Sun is bad for your gear. the more it is in your pack the less sun it gets.
- You wont snag everything it your gear
- You wont look like a walking junk show
- Girls will like you. ( I say this because i have never seen a girl with gear hanging everywere while walking around)
- There are countless other reasons that i have but they are NEETLY PACKED AWAY IN MY BACKPACK.
-

I carry my gear in my pack, but now that I know that it annoys people, I might just rack up at the car and carry an empty pack. Heck, I think I'll just go buy a rack of hexes to wear to the crag. When I get to my climb, I'll put em back in my pack. They can be my walkin' hexes. Yeah, that sounds like a fine idea Tongue

Josh

michael1245

May 11, 2011, 1:29 PM
Post #52 of 67 (2014 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
jbrown2 wrote:
OK look. I know who you are. You know who you are. Your the one with all that new gear. I know, you love it. Your Excited to use it. You have playd with it for hours at home on the floor.

Here is a little hint. A little tid bit to get you to that next level of climbing.

You know that back pack you have. PUT YOUR GEAR IN IT. Clinking noises and having a full rack of whatever it may be hanging off your harnes, backpack, wherever. Pack it away.

Unless you are a going for a from car to climb back to car speed record on some climb get your gear in your pack. Nobody wants to hear clinking all day every day.

You need more reasons:
- Girls will like you. ( I say this because i have never seen a girl with gear hanging everywere while walking around)
- There are countless other reasons that i have but they are NEETLY PACKED AWAY IN MY BACKPACK.
-

I carry my gear in my pack, but now that I know that it annoys people, I might just rack up at the car and carry an empty pack. Heck, I think I'll just go buy a rack of hexes to wear to the crag. When I get to my climb, I'll put em back in my pack. They can be my walkin' hexes. Yeah, that sounds like a fine idea Tongue

Josh

I'm going to get a full set of hexes, wear them from my car to the crag and back...clank, clank, clankity-clank. All my other gear in my pack- just leave my hexes on my harness. And nobody is going to say sh*t to me.

blueeyedclimber

May 11, 2011, 1:49 PM
Post #53 of 67 (2010 views)
Shortcut

Re: [michael1245] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

michael1245 wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
jbrown2 wrote:

You need more reasons:
-

Josh

I'm going to get a full set of hexes, wear them from my car to the crag and back...clank, clank, clankity-clank. All my other gear in my pack- just leave my hexes on my harness. And nobody is going to say sh*t to me.

I'll say shit to you, but it'll go something like this...

"Dems sum nice walkin' hexes ya gut thar.."

michael1245

May 11, 2011, 2:03 PM
Post #54 of 67 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
michael1245 wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
jbrown2 wrote:

You need more reasons:
-

Josh

why yes, they are! thanks for noticing.

sungam

May 11, 2011, 2:19 PM
Post #55 of 67 (1998 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'ma step on your rope.

carabiner96

May 11, 2011, 7:14 PM
Post #56 of 67 (1944 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Ima pee on yore crag dog.

Partner cracklover

May 11, 2011, 8:01 PM
Post #57 of 67 (1936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
When working at a climbing gym, every so often I would see a customer or two stroll in already wearing his or her harness.

I've done it. Rained off the local cliff. Easy enough to just hop over to the local gym.

And I've also racked up at the car many times when the descent doesn't come back anywhere near the base of the climb. Personally, I really don't give a shit how much it bugs you guys. If it bugs you that much, maybe you won't mind doing the extra five mile hike back to the base to retrieve my gear and bring it back to the car for me?

Thanks!

GO

(This post was edited by cracklover on May 11, 2011, 8:27 PM)

donald949

May 11, 2011, 8:04 PM
Post #58 of 67 (1935 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

michael1245 wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
michael1245 wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
jbrown2 wrote:

You need more reasons:
-

Josh

why yes, they are! thanks for noticing.
Bah, you's all are killing me.
Back in the day all we had was the hexes. Course some people around had them freinds, and they were cool and all. But expensive, especially for us barely working college students. And then the Camalots came out. And they were more expensive, but actually downright hidious. So we slotted our hexes, and climbed on. My brother passed me his rack, and now I got two sets of Hexes above stopper size.
Then Metolious came out with their TCU's. Nice those were. Got some after a bit, since I was working by then. Then FCU's and picked up one of those.
Now I have a whole set of FCU's and rack them. Leaving the poor hexes to sit at the bottom of the gear bin. Unsure

jorgegonzalez

May 11, 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #59 of 67 (1909 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Donald, I hear you about BITD and all. Been climbing on nuts since 1973, still prefer them. That's why I like to walk around showing off my nuts for all to see.

donald949

May 11, 2011, 11:36 PM
Post #60 of 67 (1901 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jorgegonzalez] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jorgegonzalez wrote:
Donald, I hear you about BITD and all. Been climbing on nuts since 1973, still prefer them. That's why I like to walk around showing off my nuts for all to see.
HAHAHA
Hey you got a few years head start on me then.
We just got back from camping in LonePine. Didn't get on the rock, took just my family for spring break and no one was climbing in the Hills. Would like to get up there for a long weekend climbing trip, but Tuttle Creek CG is closed for a couple months while they regrade the sites and upgrade the facilities.

Bulletproof2000

May 12, 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #61 of 67 (1865 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
sungam wrote:
Nah, I find it irritating when people walk to the crag with cowbells ringing. [..]

Yeah, nothing spells gumby quite like putting on your harness and racking all the gear at the Gunks parking lot, before hiking...

hehe, I remember going grocery shopping near the Gunks after a long day (had already been climbing 4days) 3 guys debating the merits of buying hot-dog sausages that were a dollar cheaper than all the other packages.

We thought people were looking at us due to the layer of grime and dried sweat on our skin, then it dawned on us that we still had our helmets and harnesses on.

clee03m

May 12, 2011, 6:50 PM
Post #62 of 67 (1829 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Bulletproof2000] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I had a climbing partner put on his entire new rack on his harness at the parking lot of the sport climbing crag at the red. That was entertaining. He didn't use it for the entire day, of course.

But I have been known to forget to take off my helmet and do dorky things like eat my sandwich or top rope while wearing my helmet.

I still think OP has gear envy. It's hard to see a gumby with all new shiny gear you wish you had and flaunting it, isnti it?

Bulletproof2000

May 12, 2011, 7:21 PM
Post #63 of 67 (1818 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
It's hard to see a gumby with all new shiny gear you wish you had and flaunting it, isn't it?
How about what looks to be a newbie wearing all that new shiny gear and he runs up an 5.11+ trad without a hitch?

Buddy had gotten his pack stolen from his car, got himself a brand new, fully colour coordinated rack, rope, harness, etc.

He tricked a few parties acting like a newbie on a death-wish before people caught on...
Laugh

donald949

May 12, 2011, 8:36 PM
Post #64 of 67 (1798 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Bulletproof2000] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bulletproof2000 wrote:
clee03m wrote:
It's hard to see a gumby with all new shiny gear you wish you had and flaunting it, isn't it?
How about what looks to be a newbie wearing all that new shiny gear and he runs up an 5.11+ trad without a hitch?

Buddy had gotten his pack stolen from his car, got himself a brand new, fully colour coordinated rack, rope, harness, etc.

He tricked a few parties acting like a newbie on a death-wish before people caught on...
Laugh
Tell me had some hexes on there...

rtwilli4

May 13, 2011, 7:19 AM
Post #65 of 67 (1768 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbrown2] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I saw a couple get out of the car at Miguel's wearing harnesses and CLIMBING SHOES! No shit!

MarcelS

May 13, 2011, 9:37 AM
Post #66 of 67 (1763 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rtwilli4] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually I haz a backpack ropebag with not that much room inside it. But some nice gear straps at the bottom. So inside the ropeback is... well rope. Furthermore my slings and harness. Geat like biners and belaying stuff is in the sidepockets, but my quickdraws AND my climbing shoes dangle from the backpack.

Guess I should be really ashamed of myself...

(This post was edited by MarcelS on May 13, 2011, 11:13 AM)

robx

May 13, 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #67 of 67 (1734 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MarcelS] What to do with all this gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

itt:
first world problems

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook