RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

ptski

Aug 20, 2011, 1:32 AM
Post #1 of 2 (2235 views)
Shortcut

Indoor Rock Wall Help.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,

I work at the indoor rock wall at my college and the wall is in need of being re-routed. My boss won't hire someone to do it, so I'm open to any suggestions on how to set routes on an indoor wall. I've done little indoor climbing as I climb outdoor so its a new project.

Suggestions, comments, do i sound stupid?

Thanks

acorneau

Aug 20, 2011, 2:05 AM
Post #2 of 2 (2226 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ptski] Indoor Rock Wall Help. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ptski wrote:
Hi,

I work at the indoor rock wall at my college and the wall is in need of being re-routed. My boss won't hire someone to do it, so I'm open to any suggestions on how to set routes on an indoor wall. I've done little indoor climbing as I climb outdoor so its a new project.

Suggestions, comments, do i sound stupid?

I highly recommend getting the book "the Art of CourseSetting" by Louis Anderson.

There are lots of us route-setters that check in to the forum on RouteSetter.com, so you can also ask over there.

Your manager needs to understand that refreshing routes is like vacuuming the carpets or mopping tile floors: it needs to be done on a regular basis so things don't get too nasty.

Good luck.

Edit to add: i don't know where you're located but you could always visit a local climbing gym and ask around for volunteer route setters.

(This post was edited by acorneau on Aug 20, 2011, 2:07 AM)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook