Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

healyje

Oct 21, 2011, 9:51 AM
Post #51 of 69 (5221 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bearbreeder] Backup an ATC Belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

bearbreeder wrote:
1. you absolutely guarantee that everyone you climb with will never drop anyone for the rest of their climbing lives.

Yep.

bearbreeder wrote:
2. you climb with new people ... yet still guarantee the above ... how in the world can you "guarantee" it the first few times you climb with them and before they actually catch you on a fall ... sure you can take a test fall or two, and "train" em ... but guarantee that every single moment that there will never be a mess up is plain silly

Judgment. I only climb mulitpitch trad, usually 3-5 pitches at our local crag. A couple of time a year I'll take someone out and do a 5.7-.9 route and lead all the pitches with someone who has never climbed or belayed. I give them about ten minutes of practice hip belaying with a single, non-locking biner on the belay loop for the side of the rope going to the leader. In that time they learn how to brake, then hold me below a piece and lower, then hold a couple of lead falls and lower. I can usually tell in under two minutes if they are going to work out or not - if they don't, or I get the sense anywhere along the way in those ten minutes they aren't getting it - then we don't continue or climb. After that I have no hesitation leading the route with them if they did 'get it' to my satisfaction.

bearbreeder wrote:
if we could really guarantee that everyone else we have "faith" in can never fcuk up ... well the world would be a different place

Again, I wouldn't climb if I couldn't make that judgment call and I've been making it successfully for close to four decades.

bearbreeder wrote:
heres something i find particularly relevant ... best wishes to mister powers...

...They were climbing a 5.10 route called Bypass on a crag called Highwire. They had reached the top, and Powers decided he wanted to rearrange an anchor. Then he downclimbed 15-20 feet to put in a directional anchor. When the rope slackened as he downclimbed, his belayer thought he was pulling up rope to rappel. She also thought she heard "Belay off." But he wasn't.
"It was just a bad position with regard to our ability to communicate," Powers said. "There's the river, there's the road (noise), and because of the overhang I'd just climbed over, we were not in visual contact, either. So by the time I asked for tension and leaned back on the rope, I had been taken off belay. I just leaned back and fell."...

..."It takes two people to make a mistake in climbing," Powers said.

Well, some observations...

a) Power's partner wasn't belaying him at the time, she had taken him off belay - it was a communications failure, not a belaying failure, i.e. he wasn't dropped.

b) An unfamiliar partner (I believe that's what I read somewhere)

c) Lack of agreed protocol before leaving the ground

d) "Rearranging an anchor" without discussing it or communicating that the belayer

e) Failure to anchor while confirming with belayer prior to 'taking' to lower

Phil Powers wrote:

Here I fundamentally disagree with Phil. Is that the case a lot of the time? Sure. Was that the case this time? Arguable. I'm old school and rope solo for at least half of all my climbing so my emphasis in climbing is personal responsibility - you leave the ground on the sharp end of the rope and you are wholly responsible for your safety. You pick the wrong partner, you fail to agree on protocols, you decide to do something unexpected when out of communication, and / or you fail to secure yourself in order to re-establish communication - then you have no one but yourself to blame. Should Phil's belayer have erred on the side of caution in the face of an uncertainty in communciation, sure, but it was Phil's responsibility to insure the communication, to have established the protocol upfront, or to secure himself having done that.

I'm also guessing Phil didn't become Exec-Dir of the AAC, President of the AMGA, or take up guiding as a career without being a highly social individual; if it was a stranger he had belay him then it would be interesting to know just what mental audit, if any, he went through to qualify the person as competent to belay him. But again, it wasn't a belaying accident per se, but rather a gross failure of communication and protocol.

================================

sandstone wrote:
healyje wrote:
No one I climb with would ever drop anyone. Guaranteed.... When I say "absolutely", I mean absolutely guarantee a good belay....
Is this a troll, or some sort of Halloween prank? You don't seriously believe that do you?

As I said, absolutely...

sandstone wrote:
healyje wrote:
...You are either competent to the task of belaying or you aren't. There is no gray in the matter....

The most competent belayers on the planet are still human, and none of them are exempt from our fallible human nature. None.

Fallibility is not an option when belaying competently. Period. Don't accept that it is. Case in point, a couple of years ago I passed out once while belaying a guy due to what turned out to be a transient health event, but in the course of about a minute that took, I still managed to tell my partner to get clipped into something, locked off the ATC solid, gripped the rope hard, and made a point of falling on the ATC and my hand as I faded out. Despite being passed out with an ATC, my partner still had to wait for some other guys to finish rapping, come over to me, roll me over, and pry the rope out of my hand in order to free the rope to come down. Bottom line is you have to be prepared to compensate when you have to, whenever and however you have to.

(This post was edited by healyje on Oct 21, 2011, 10:17 AM)

guangzhou

Oct 21, 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #52 of 69 (5203 views)
Shortcut

Re: [healyje] Backup an ATC Belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

healyje wrote:
bearbreeder wrote:
1. you absolutely guarantee that everyone you climb with will never drop anyone for the rest of their climbing lives.

Yep.

bearbreeder wrote:
2. you climb with new people ... yet still guarantee the above ... how in the world can you "guarantee" it the first few times you climb with them and before they actually catch you on a fall ... sure you can take a test fall or two, and "train" em ... but guarantee that every single moment that there will never be a mess up is plain silly

Judgment. I only climb mulitpitch trad, usually 3-5 pitches at our local crag. A couple of time a year I'll take someone out and do a 5.7-.9 route and lead all the pitches with someone who has never climbed or belayed. I give them about ten minutes of practice hip belaying with a single, non-locking biner on the belay loop for the side of the rope going to the leader. In that time they learn how to brake, then hold me below a piece and lower, then hold a couple of lead falls and lower. I can usually tell in under two minutes if they are going to work out or not - if they don't, or I get the sense anywhere along the way in those ten minutes they aren't getting it - then we don't continue or climb. After that I have no hesitation leading the route with them if they did 'get it' to my satisfaction.

bearbreeder wrote:
if we could really guarantee that everyone else we have "faith" in can never fcuk up ... well the world would be a different place

Again, I wouldn't climb if I couldn't make that judgment call and I've been making it successfully for close to four decades.

bearbreeder wrote:
heres something i find particularly relevant ... best wishes to mister powers...

...They were climbing a 5.10 route called Bypass on a crag called Highwire. They had reached the top, and Powers decided he wanted to rearrange an anchor. Then he downclimbed 15-20 feet to put in a directional anchor. When the rope slackened as he downclimbed, his belayer thought he was pulling up rope to rappel. She also thought she heard "Belay off." But he wasn't.
"It was just a bad position with regard to our ability to communicate," Powers said. "There's the river, there's the road (noise), and because of the overhang I'd just climbed over, we were not in visual contact, either. So by the time I asked for tension and leaned back on the rope, I had been taken off belay. I just leaned back and fell."...

Well, some observations...

a) Power's partner wasn't belaying him at the time, she had taken him off belay - it was a communications failure, not a belaying failure, i.e. he wasn't dropped.

b) An unfamiliar partner (I believe that's what I read somewhere)

c) Lack of agreed protocol before leaving the ground

d) "Rearranging an anchor" without discussing it or communicating that the belayer

e) Failure to anchor while confirming with belayer prior to 'taking' to lower

Phil Powers wrote:

Here I fundamentally disagree with Phil. Is that the case a lot of the time? Sure. Was that the case this time? Arguable. I'm old school and rope solo for at least half of all my climbing so my emphasis in climbing is personal responsibility - you leave the ground on the sharp end of the rope and you are wholly responsible for your safety. You pick the wrong partner, you fail to agree on protocols, you decide to do something unexpected when out of communication, and / or you fail to secure yourself in order to re-establish communication - then you have no one but yourself to blame. Should Phil's belayer have erred on the side of caution in the face of an uncertainty in communciation, sure, but it was Phil's responsibility to insure the communication, to have established the protocol upfront, or to secure himself having done that.

I'm also guessing Phil didn't become Exec-Dir of the AAC, President of the AMGA, or take up guiding as a career without being a highly social individual; if it was a stranger he had belay him then it would be interesting to know just what mental audit, if any, he went through to qualify the person as competent to belay him. But again, it wasn't a belaying accident per se, but rather a gross failure of communication and protocol.

================================

sandstone wrote:
healyje wrote:
No one I climb with would ever drop anyone. Guaranteed.... When I say "absolutely", I mean absolutely guarantee a good belay....
Is this a troll, or some sort of Halloween prank? You don't seriously believe that do you?

As I said, absolutely...

sandstone wrote:
healyje wrote:
...You are either competent to the task of belaying or you aren't. There is no gray in the matter....

The most competent belayers on the planet are still human, and none of them are exempt from our fallible human nature. None.

Fallibility is not an option when belaying competently. Period. Don't accept that it is. Case in point, a couple of years ago I passed out once while belaying a guy due to what turned out to be a transient health event, but in the course of about a minute that took, I still managed to tell my partner to get clipped into something, locked off the ATC solid, gripped the rope hard, and made a point of falling on the ATC and my hand as I faded out. Despite being passed out with an ATC, my partner still had to wait for some other guys to finish rapping, come over to me, roll me over, and pry the rope out of my hand in order to free the rope to come down. Bottom line is you have to be prepared to compensate when you have to, whenever and however you have to.

Agree once again.

rightarmbad

Oct 21, 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #53 of 69 (5196 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Backup an ATC Belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Healyj is 100% spot on here.

There are many skills to be a great belayer, but the only one that needs to be guaranteed is to hold the bloody rope.

If you cannot manage that 100% of the time, you are incompetent.

bearbreeder

Oct 21, 2011, 1:45 PM
Post #54 of 69 (5187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

healyje wrote:
udgment. I only climb mulitpitch trad, usually 3-5 pitches at our local crag. A couple of time a year I'll take someone out and do a 5.7-.9 route and lead all the pitches with someone who has never climbed or belayed. I give them about ten minutes of practice hip belaying with a single, non-locking biner on the belay loop for the side of the rope going to the leader. In that time they learn how to brake, then hold me below a piece and lower, then hold a couple of lead falls and lower. I can usually tell in under two minutes if they are going to work out or not - if they don't, or I get the sense anywhere along the way in those ten minutes they aren't getting it - then we don't continue or climb. After that I have no hesitation leading the route with them if they did 'get it' to my satisfaction.

with all due respect this in no way tells you enough to absolutely guarantee that a person will never drop anyone the rest of their climbing careers

all it tells you is that it is enough for you to trust them to belay you according to your standards

10 minutes and another 2 minutes arent enough to guarantee a lifetime of safe climbing IMO

one can argue whether the above failure is really communication, "belaying", or something else ... mr powers seems to think it is belaying or part of it ... and i believe he is in the best position to have known and judge

let me make this totally clear ... failure is NOT an option ... yet it still happens and to deny it can happen IMO is just asking for it

just like crashing airplanes are NOT an option ... yet they still happen Crazy

sandstone

Oct 21, 2011, 3:30 PM
Post #55 of 69 (5173 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We all would like belayers (including ourselves) to be perfect, or to even have the possibility of attaining that state, but neither of those things are possible. To believe that you can manifest those thoughts in reality, in opposition to the overwhelming evidence otherwise, is by very definition a delusion.

I do not say that lightly, nor with any happiness.

healyje wrote:
...Fallibility is not an option when belaying competently. Period. Don't accept that it is...

I don't like accepting that truth, but I owe it to myself and my partners to accept it for the truth it is, and to act accordingly.

I also have over 3 decades of climbing experience, and I've never dropped anyone. Am I approaching perfection? Absolutely not. The brutal truth is that I could drop someone on my very next climb -- that is the reality of being a fallible human. No one is exempt from that.

Believing in even the possibility of human perfection distorts reality, and can sidetrack your mind into some dangerous territory.

healyje

Oct 21, 2011, 3:55 PM
Post #56 of 69 (5164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bearbreeder wrote:
one can argue whether the above failure is really communication, "belaying", or something else ... mr powers seems to think it is belaying or part of it ... and i believe he [Powers] is in the best position to have known and judge

Phil is certainly entitled to think whatever he likes, but she had taken him off belay before he fell and that fact alone frames this as an accident of miscommunication and protocol failure.

Partner cracklover

Oct 21, 2011, 4:04 PM
Post #57 of 69 (5159 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rightarmbad] Backup an ATC Belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

rightarmbad wrote:
Healyj is 100% spot on here.

There are many skills to be a great belayer, but the only one that needs to be guaranteed is to hold the bloody rope.

If you cannot manage that 100% of the time, you are incompetent.

And...
In reply to:
I climb with a lot of folks, young and old - all competent belayers or I wouldn't climb with them. Age and chance have nothing to do with it, only competence does.

I see so many crappy belayers, many of whom I know, and they climb with some of my climbing partners. But I will not climb with them. Nevertheless, none of them seem to find any difficulty getting partners. I suspect that folks like Bearbreeder, who think it's all a matter of chance, have no such qualms, or perhaps don't even notice some of the things I notice in a belay. I've seen several people get dropped, and I know lots of warning signs.

The only risk I see in my getting dropped is my *own* fallibility in judging new partners.

Edited to add: I think that if everyone took the zero tolerance policy I (and Healy, and plenty of other people) do, there would be almost no cases of drops due to belayer error/incompetence. Those belayers would either get sufficiently retrained, or would be driven out.

Or they'd have no choice but to climb with each other, being shunned by the rest of the community, and would eventually maim and kill each other, removing them from the climbing scene.

GTongue

(This post was edited by cracklover on Oct 21, 2011, 4:09 PM)

bearbreeder

Oct 21, 2011, 4:12 PM
Post #58 of 69 (5155 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Backup an ATC Belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:

I see so many crappy belayers, many of whom I know, and they climb with some of my climbing partners. But I will not climb with them. Nevertheless, none of them seem to find any difficulty getting partners. I suspect that folks like Bearbreeder, who think it's all a matter of chance, have no such qualms, or perhaps don't even notice some of the things I notice in a belay. I've seen several people get dropped, and I know lots of warning signs.

The only risk I see in my getting dropped is my *own* fallibility in judging new partners.

GO

misquote ... its not ALL a matter of chance ... but to deny that chance is pure pigheadedness at best .... you do things to REDUCE that chance as much as possible .. not just say "oh it will never happen to me"

i dont climb with people who i think are or may be bad belayers ...

to blindly believe that you can judge every single partner you climb with and extrapolate that for the rest of their climbing careers that they would never screw up ... well thats blindness IMO

and to believe you can never screw up yr judgement of someones character ... well no more needs to be said ...Wink

edit ... no one is saying that dropping is acceptable ... it is NOT ... and i have said explicitely in the past i will warn other people of known droppers ... but to DENY it can ever happen to you ... thats bull

(This post was edited by bearbreeder on Oct 21, 2011, 4:16 PM)

tolman_paul

Oct 22, 2011, 1:15 AM
Post #59 of 69 (5123 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Some of you people are making belaying into some sort of incredible complex activity that you can never implicitly rely on. Then again there seems to be a trend that I've seen on RC.com where many people over think and over complicate things.

Yes, a competent belayer can be relied upon to catch you 100% of the time, and I'll trust a competent belayer of a mechanical auto locking device every time.

I've managed to always catch my partners falls, even the unexpected ones. My brake hand stays on the rope, and I'm attuned and focused on whats going on. It's really not that hard.

deserttortoise

Oct 22, 2011, 4:24 AM
Post #60 of 69 (5105 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tolman_paul] Backup an ATC Belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

tolman_paul wrote:
Just keep it simple, I've always found that keeping things simple and performing them flawlessly are the best way to do things when climbing, complicating things that should be simple often times leads to failures, rather than making things simpler.

I'm double the weight of my wife, we've been climbing together for 18 years. The only device she's used to belay me as been an atc. We've top roped, and done multi pitch trad routes.

Teach her how to belay properly, and stay on easier routes until you are comfortable that she has belaying down pat (that goes for anyone that is new to belaying). Definately anchor her in!

Now if the real issue is that she says she's not comfortable belaying you, then give serious consideration to bringing an experienced climber to belay you.

An ATC is perfect. As mentioned by a number of people..... anchor your belayer! My partner is half my weight, as well as my instructor/mentor. He could belay me without an anchor but he never does. On the other side, I belay him all the time without an anchor unless I'm on a ledge or somewhere else that I'm not confident of my footing. We both use ATC's.

healyje

Oct 22, 2011, 6:19 AM
Post #61 of 69 (5093 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bearbreeder wrote:
... but to DENY it can ever happen to you ... thats bull

I'd quit climbing if I believed that. There is no good reason for it to ever happen. If you think that it can happen to anybody then you are unlikely to take the strict precautionary measures to insure it can never happen to you. In the end, incompetence is a matter of tolerance and acceptance by the community at large when there should be zero tolerance.

The number of drops that happen today is the best indicator that droves of people are donning harnesses who are not competent to do so and shouldn't. Don't climb with them, ever. That may sound mean but, under all that commercial and media gloss, this is a brutal and unforgiving life and death business, it is not entertainment.

bearbreeder

Oct 22, 2011, 8:06 AM
Post #62 of 69 (5085 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

i agree that there is no good reason for it to happen, and it should never happen, yet it does

there should be no tolerence for droppers ... period

however i strongly believe that anyone who cannot imagine or admit that something could ever happen to them ... is going to get complacent on the risks involved

IMO belaying is a very very very serious thing ... you literally have someones life in your hands ... if you dont prepare for the ways you "may" screw up or imagine the things that can cause a loss of control ... then you are being complacent IMO ...

i would rather have someone who realizes that people can get dropped and it might even be them dropping someone if they dont pay attention ... than someone who thinks "oh itll never happen to me because my partners are guaranteed"

climbers screw up, it is not acceptable ... yet it happens ... which is why IMO we should have systems in place to minimize the risk of it happening ...

and EVERYONE who climbs with someone new or even someone old is subject to that risk ... you cant tell that a person will never screw up for the rest of their climbing lives after the first few times ... nor can you guarantee people wont change ... i urge anyone who believes that to step back and examine their belief that they can perfectly predict a person and realize how naive that is ...

everybody believes they are perfect ... till they or someone they trust screws up ...

someone said that a belayer only has to do one thing ... catch your partner ...absolutely true if all you want is a mindless grabbing of the rope... but does anyone here believe that a good belayer can be trained in a few minutes, or even a few days ... i sure dont ... and if anyone does, no offense, but i wouldnt want to be climbing with someone who thinks good belaying is "simple" ... anyone who has had a good belayer who stopped you from a close call knows its not that simple

as this argument will go on and on and on and on ... obviously the people who believe they are absolutely "safe" (like that ever exist in something as inherently dangerous as climbing) will go on telling themselves that ... there is no point in continuing

accidents happen ... read the accident reports ... and please dont get complacent ...

i find it very RC-like that people here will preach against munters when belaying, personal anchors, declare unsafe everybody else anchors, argue over a 1kn rating differences on biners, etc ...

yet ignore the fact that human error is the most common cause of accidents and injuries and that they themselves may be subject to their or their partners human errors ...
Tongue

barleywino

Oct 22, 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #63 of 69 (5066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

have to agree with bearbreeder. most belay practices are held with the rope from the belayer to the leader going through at least one anchored biner before the leader takes his/her test fall. how many times do belayers practice while sitting on a ledge up on a cliff with the leader falling before placing or clipping their first piece, i.e. falling directly against the belayer? the force generated in this scenario is not only in a direction which they have never practiced for (downwards), it also can be more than they've experienced before because there is no rope drag through that first biner. plus, in this direction, they don't have the advantage of any body weight to help hold the fall. even experienced "competent" belayers may be hard pressed to hold such a fall, especially if there is any slack whatsoever in the system. I was dropped by my experienced and competent belayer in such a situation. there is no such thing as 100% infallibility. another example is if you're climbing outside with double ropes and your belayer has only practiced belaying with single ropes. The required additional rope management can lead to a leader fall catching the belayer at a bad moment, while they're adjusting the slack in one rope or the other, tending to tangles etc. I was dropped once in a such a situation by an otherwise experienced and competent belayer.

to the original OP, if you are really concerned, another option is to use a petzl shunt as a belay backup. this can be very cumbersome to do (and I don't do this), but at least it will prevent the worst case scenario (belayer losing the rope completely, allowing the leader to ground out) and the shunt is also very useful when rapping multipitch and can be used as an ascender in a pinch etc. also the shunt can be used with double ropes, unlike the grigri. but as others have said, a belay backup is no substitute for good belay technique and practice catching falls.

(This post was edited by barleywino on Oct 22, 2011, 11:51 AM)

jt512

Oct 22, 2011, 6:18 PM
Post #64 of 69 (5029 views)
Shortcut

Re: [barleywino] Backup an ATC Belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

barleywino wrote:
have to agree with bearbreeder. most belay practices are held with the rope from the belayer to the leader going through at least one anchored biner before the leader takes his/her test fall. how many times do belayers practice while sitting on a ledge up on a cliff with the leader falling before placing or clipping their first piece, i.e. falling directly against the belayer? the force generated in this scenario is not only in a direction which they have never practiced for (downwards), it also can be more than they've experienced before because there is no rope drag through that first biner. plus, in this direction, they don't have the advantage of any body weight to help hold the fall. even experienced "competent" belayers may be hard pressed to hold such a fall, especially if there is any slack whatsoever in the system. I was dropped by my experienced and competent belayer in such a situation. there is no such thing as 100% infallibility. another example is if you're climbing outside with double ropes and your belayer has only practiced belaying with single ropes. The required additional rope management can lead to a leader fall catching the belayer at a bad moment, while they're adjusting the slack in one rope or the other, tending to tangles etc. I was dropped once in a such a situation by an otherwise experienced and competent belayer.

to the original OP, if you are really concerned, another option is to use a petzl shunt as a belay backup. this can be very cumbersome to do (and I don't do this), but at least it will prevent the worst case scenario (belayer losing the rope completely, allowing the leader to ground out) and the shunt is also very useful when rapping multipitch and can be used as an ascender in a pinch etc. also the shunt can be used with double ropes, unlike the grigri. but as others have said, a belay backup is no substitute for good belay technique and practice catching falls.

Sounds like your partners were gumbies, which makes you a gumby for climbing with them.

Jay

csproul

Oct 24, 2011, 3:40 PM
Post #65 of 69 (4911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

barleywino wrote:
... I was dropped by my experienced and competent belayer in such a situation. ... I was dropped once in a such a situation by an otherwise experienced and competent belayer.....
Wait, so you have been dropped twice?! Not once, but twice?! If so, I think Jay may have hit this nail on the head.

(This post was edited by csproul on Oct 24, 2011, 3:47 PM)

barleywino

Oct 24, 2011, 3:44 PM
Post #66 of 69 (4909 views)
Shortcut

Re: [csproul] Backup an ATC Belayer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Two different belayers. Both women though-- coincidence of course.

guangzhou

Oct 25, 2011, 12:45 AM
Post #67 of 69 (4875 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

barleywino wrote:
Two different belayers. Both women though-- coincidence of course.

Twice dropped non the less.

Are you implying women are more likely to drop a climber. For the last 15 years, my main partners have been two women. Both have caught me on huge falls and the heavier of the two was just over half my weight.

tolman_paul

Oct 25, 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #68 of 69 (4873 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Perhaps some climbers are more interested in picking their climbers based on the lay, not belay.

barleywino

Oct 25, 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #69 of 69 (4872 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not implying anything-- threw that out there to see what sort of typical RC forum comments I might get from some people-- present company excepted!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook