Forums: Climbing Partners: US - MidWest:
Climbers in NW Iowa/ SE South Dakota/ SW Minn?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

J-Bird

Dec 7, 2011, 6:54 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1823 views)
Shortcut

Climbers in NW Iowa/ SE South Dakota/ SW Minn?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

Hey all. I'm looking to move back to NW Iowa some-time in the next year and am excited about the prospect of getting back into climbing.

I did some climbing a number of years ago (10-12) and am a bit out of practice.

I'm very close to purchasing everything I'll need for TR and sport climbing but as of yet don't have a partner, or have prospects for one. I know I'll need an experienced hand to guide me a bit and wondered if there were even many climbers in the area who climb the Blue Mounds/Palisades area with any frequency.

I know it's a very general question but it may determine if I buy the gear or not. No sense in spending the money if I can't find a partner to climb with. And I'm not experienced enough to consider TR soloing right now.

Thanks!

trisgo

Dec 8, 2011, 8:28 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Re: [J-Bird] Climbers in NW Iowa/ SE South Dakota/ SW Minn? [In reply to]
Report this Post

You ever get out to Omaha? You into trad or aid at all? I'm kind of in the same boat. I usually go to Palisades (can't spell) just because I like the views. I hate climbing in the gym. I'd rather be outside even if it's below freezing. I'd rather be able to do a A3+ then a 5.12. Take a look at my profile and let me know if you're interested in climbing. This spring I'm going out to Lumpy Ridge in Estes Park to do some 500ft 5.6 multipitch trad routes if your interested. I can't find a partner that wants to commit to it, so my plan was to start practicing with the silent partner. Let me know man. Maybe when it starts getting warmer we could meet over at palisades every other week or something.

T-roy

Dec 22, 2011, 5:49 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1664 views)
Shortcut

Re: [J-Bird] Climbers in NW Iowa/ SE South Dakota/ SW Minn? [In reply to]
Report this Post

Hey Jbird. I live near the quad cities. I just moved back from out west. I love climbing and am looking for anyone to go with.Don't know what you have for gear but, I have a good starter rack, passive pro and everything else one needs. sport, top rope, bouldering and limited trad exp.[reply]

Hendu3p

Dec 24, 2011, 4:26 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1645 views)
Shortcut

Re: [T-roy] Climbers in NW Iowa/ SE South Dakota/ SW Minn? [In reply to]
Report this Post

I'm a regular at they gym in Sioux City. There are a few people there, but I'm the only one who really makes the time to do outdoor stuff. There are people at the Universities at Brookings and Vermillion as well. Check out www.sfclimbing.com for Sioux Falls connections as well.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook