RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

matt.warner

May 19, 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #1 of 3 (4712 views)
Shortcut

Climbing around Beijing  (Asia: China)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There are a few places to go around Beijing that have been opened for a number of years.

There is Baihe Valley in Miyun district (granite)
Huairou has a climbing spot that doesn't have a name. I call it the highway crag for obvious reasons (granite)
There is also a place in the south of Beijing called Shidu (limestone)

http://www.beijingclimbingclub.com has links to topos and information about getting to several of them.

They also organize rock climbing trips for people in Beijing as well as offer rock climbing courses.

There is forum on their website for the Beijing climbing community. So if you're thinking of heading to China they're definitely worth contacting for information or just to get out climbing!

Sheabomb

Feb 14, 2012, 3:28 AM
Post #2 of 3 (3630 views)
Shortcut

Re: [matt.warner] Climbing around Beijing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi I just got to Beijing and am looking for a gym and climbing partner. I heard Ole was good. Any other recs? I'm in the Chaoyang distrct off of the Lianmaqiao subway stop...the closer the better. Any advice is appreciated! thanks,
Shea

matt.warner

Feb 16, 2012, 7:06 AM
Post #3 of 3 (3578 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Sheabomb] Climbing around Beijing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi... welcome to Beijing. There is only one place to climb during the winter months and that's Ole' Sports Complex. Once the weather gets warmer Touchstone will reopen, it's an outdoor climbing wall inside Ritan Park.
If you want to meet other climbers... once again, Ole' is the place, as it's the only one in Beijing.
If you decide to go, make sure you take a jacket if you plan on climbing on the routes wall. The bouldering wall is in a heated room, providing the other climbers haven't opened the windows.
Beijing Climbing Club will start running trips to Miyun, Huairou, and Shidu come May.
Good luck in the mean time!Smile

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook