RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

brunoschull

Apr 20, 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #1 of 1 (553 views)
Shortcut

Chamonix in Early July
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a partner in Chamonix for some time during the first weeks of July. Three to five days would be ideal--my schedule is somewhat flexible.

I have a number or easy to moderate rock and alpine projects in mind, but am completely open to new ideas as well. I climb about French 5+ on rock and AD to D on alpine, and I try to keep the commitment grades at III and below.

I have lots of experience in the mountains, and have made several visits to Cham, so I don't mind showing people around.

Here are some things that would be important to me in a partner:
-Good basic alpine skills, including glacier travel and crevasse rescue
-A reasonable level of fitness so that we can move efficiently up high
-A desire to bivy or camp up high instead of staying in huts
-Safety above all, and a willingness to retreat if necessary

As far as interpersonal relations go, I'm open to climbing with most types of people, although I am probably less of a "Hey dude that's gnarly!" sort of climber, and more of an older more reserved personality (forty years old with young daughter!).

What else?

In town, I'm happy to stay at the Vagabond gite or the Arolles campground. Having done both, camping is cheaper, but the gite makes things easier in some ways.

I will come by car, and I have all the necessary gear, so if you were traveling, you would not need to bring much.

OK, if that sounds interesting, send me an email to brunoschull@hotmail.com as I don't always check this site.

Thanks, and have a great season!

Bruno

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook