RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

roninthorne

May 18, 2012, 2:29 PM
Post #1 of 8 (10639 views)
Shortcut

Cindy's Story
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This is the story of my wife, Cindy Gray: mother, wife, former nurse, climber, adventurer, and MS patient.

http://roninsroad.blogspot.com/...05/cindys-story.html

notapplicable

May 18, 2012, 3:23 PM
Post #2 of 8 (10628 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roninthorne] Cindy's Story [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Congrats on getting married dude!

I hope CO treats you well. I spent a few days in Colorado Springs last year for work and it seemed like a very cool town.

roninthorne

May 19, 2012, 2:08 PM
Post #3 of 8 (10587 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Cindy's Story [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, n/a... lots of nearby climbing, but FAR too many people... And how the hell does anyone afford to live out here? $4.00 for a bag of bagels, $7.00 for Yuengling Black and Tan (where you can even find it), $4.00/gal for gas... Just visiting, for now... working on a guidebook for Smoke Hole Canyon, which will include Franklin... imagine, a guide to Franklin by someone who actually put up routes there!

notapplicable

May 21, 2012, 4:41 AM
Post #4 of 8 (10540 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

roninthorne wrote:
Thanks, n/a... lots of nearby climbing, but FAR too many people... And how the hell does anyone afford to live out here? $4.00 for a bag of bagels, $7.00 for Yuengling Black and Tan (where you can even find it), $4.00/gal for gas... Just visiting, for now... working on a guidebook for Smoke Hole Canyon, which will include Franklin... imagine, a guide to Franklin by someone who actually put up routes there!

Yeah, it's pricey but damn beautiful country. Glad to hear you and Cindy are together and going strong. I'm pretty sure I briefly met her at the crag and she seemed like a really sweet, sincere person. It would have been not too long after you started spending time together but I'm pretty sure it was her. Either way, give her my best.

Oh and a dedicated guide for that region sounds like a fantastic idea. There is soooo much quality rock hiding all over the place. I call dibs on one if the initial run is limited!

roninthorne

May 21, 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #5 of 8 (10487 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Cindy's Story [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
There is soooo much quality rock hiding all over the place. I call dibs on one if the initial run is limited!

The Publisher is talking 3000 copies... bet we can find you one in there some place :)

Miss Cindy certainly remembers you and says "Hi!"

And the rock doesn't have to hide very hard... there's a limestone cliff band even taller and better than Franklin's River's Bend on Cave Mountain, a cliff that you can see for miles in every direction, on NFS land. but the hike takes you more than ten minutes from the car, there are no groomed trails and only two or three bolts on the whole wall and there's no scene... so I doubt that many people besides myself, my former gf/climbing partner Melissa Wine, Troy Johnson, Mike Fisher, his buddy Ju-ju have ever climbed there.

IPissonurproj

Jul 9, 2012, 3:52 PM
Post #6 of 8 (10279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

roninthorne wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
There is soooo much quality rock hiding all over the place. I call dibs on one if the initial run is limited!

The Publisher is talking 3000 copies... bet we can find you one in there some place :)

Miss Cindy certainly remembers you and says "Hi!"

And the rock doesn't have to hide very hard... there's a limestone cliff band even taller and better than Franklin's River's Bend on Cave Mountain, a cliff that you can see for miles in every direction, on NFS land. but the hike takes you more than ten minutes from the car, there are no groomed trails and only two or three bolts on the whole wall and there's no scene... so I doubt that many people besides myself, my former gf/climbing partner Melissa Wine, Troy Johnson, Mike Fisher, his buddy Ju-ju have ever climbed there.

Do you mean the band at the top of the mountain, that you can see from Eagle Rock looking northeast? I thought that was on private property? Is it NFS land?

roninthorne

Jul 10, 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #7 of 8 (10224 views)
Shortcut

Re: [IPissonurproj] Cindy's Story [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yessir... always has been.

Hit me on IM for some beta on parking and approach, or just wade across the river at Eagle and go for it!

roninthorne

Jun 17, 2013, 6:02 PM
Post #8 of 8 (9515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

An update and a video from the road:

http://roninsroad.blogspot.com/...-year-in-motion.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_dUMM-Uc6s

Back in West-by-God, awaiting two marriages and a baby, repairing trails, putting up new routes (148 and counting!) and looking at turning 50, next weekend...

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook