RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

brucemaclachlan

Jun 5, 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #1 of 5 (3106 views)
Shortcut

Seeking recommendations for Leavenworth topropes
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I climbed at Leavenworth last year with some mates (Clamshell Cave and Martian) and am heading back in a few weeks.

Any recomendations for sport climb areas, especially places with good top roping in the 5.6 to 5:10a region?

I have the guidebook, but am looking for recomendations for some mellow/lazy climbing fun, no trad this time, and as little lead as possible.

jp_sucks

Jun 5, 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #2 of 5 (3101 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brucemaclachlan] Seeking recommendations for Leavenworth topropes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Check out the areas in the guidebook around 8 mile campground (also a good campsite).

The stuff up on the hill across the road has lots of toprope access. Also a good spot just past the campground entrance a few hundred feet below the road on the left (forget the name).

shaoleung

Jun 6, 2012, 4:52 AM
Post #3 of 5 (3072 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brucemaclachlan] Seeking recommendations for Leavenworth topropes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're looking for sport, closer to Seattle is better. Exit 38 or Little Si. Little Si has longer and tougher climbs. If you go to Exit 38, the Far Side has a bunch of great climbs in that range.

Leavenworth is phenomenal for trad and mixed gear/bolt routes. Otherwise pickins are slim. Perhaps the best sport climb in your parameters is Condorphamine Addiction. It's a slog up to the base - 45 min to an hour for most folks. The climb itself is 3 or 4 pitches. Great views.

TRs - can't help you there. I know Leavenworth has em, but I like the sharp end.

redlude97

Jun 6, 2012, 5:41 PM
Post #4 of 5 (3041 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Clem's Holler has some good 10- sportish routes, though they do have to be led. Gun rack(9/10a) has a great double roof section that is fun to pull, and Javelin(10a/b) may be the best bolted 10- in leavenworth. Otherwise head to classic crack, Barney's rubble area, or the playground crags.

chris

Aug 21, 2012, 2:53 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2671 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shaoleung] Seeking recommendations for Leavenworth topropes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shaoleung wrote:
If you're looking for sport, closer to Seattle is better. Exit 38 or Little Si. Little Si has longer and tougher climbs. If you go to Exit 38, the Far Side has a bunch of great climbs in that range.

Leavenworth is phenomenal for trad and mixed gear/bolt routes. Otherwise pickins are slim. Perhaps the best sport climb in your parameters is Condorphamine Addiction. It's a slog up to the base - 45 min to an hour for most folks. The climb itself is 3 or 4 pitches. Great views.

TRs - can't help you there. I know Leavenworth has em, but I like the sharp end.
Ditto

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook