RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

viribovo

Jul 2, 2012, 2:14 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1299 views)
Shortcut

Climbing North india!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hiiiii! im going india at end of july, id like to know if somebody went Himachal pradesh, or uttar prdaesh... is there some rock climging?? (sportive or traditional, but no alpine)...? tehre are some "topos" of the routes? any advice will be perfect! thanks !!Sly

madam

Sep 5, 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1222 views)
Shortcut

Re: [viribovo] Climbing North india! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey viribovo,

I have been there a year ago and I would recommend Chattru and Chota Dhara close to Manali. Amazing places for bouldering. Solang valley is closer and good for acclimatization. You can get some rock climbing as well however nothing special I would say. IN Vashist, which is a small village 4km out of Manali are a few climbing shops where they might help you. I was staying with guys from High Himalayan Adventures in Vashist...great people. All the information for free.

There used to be very good information here www.pils-trips.com but the page seems not be working at the moment...i dont know why. There were topos and everything. You can get the topos in the office stated above or may be I will have it on my other PC as well, so give me a shout if you need it. You can find some pictures of the places on my blog as well. Direct link to India: http://nzclimb.blogspot.cz/2011/09/indie.html

take care, adam

(This post was edited by madam on Oct 21, 2013, 7:16 AM)

viribovo

Sep 6, 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Re: [madam] Climbing North india! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ey adam! thank so much! is creazy cause, im in dharamsla, and today i was exploting! thinking that i want to climb! and planing to go tomorrow to manali...so you answer is perfect for me! sinchronic! so where are you from? croatia? slovenia? i was looking ypu pictures in your blog! amazing plavces (and pictures also)
the question is...is easty to find people who wants yto climb? cause im traveling alone... and in europe was easy but here???
How long from manali to chattru and chota dara??? you go by bus?
In reply to:
well thanks for all! have a good climbing! :-)
Viri

madam

Sep 6, 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1204 views)
Shortcut

Re: [viribovo] Climbing North india! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Viribovo:)

I am from Czech rep.

In your case I would go to Vashist which is 4kms from Manali. Small village...very charming. Very nice and basic and cheap accomodation is at "Kante's guesthouse". When you reach a small sqaure in Vashist (theres only one:) you will see a bakery, just go a little bit further and on the right hand side you will see Kante's teahouse, or guesthouse, I dont remember exactly...with big picture of Ganesha:)

Climbing partners: I would go to High Himalayan Adventures which is right next to the bakery. Great people, they usually know whether there is already somebody climbing in Chattru/Chota dhara and they will provide you all the nexessary information....for free:) renting a crashpad is also not a problem for a very reasonable charge. It was 150rupees/day in 2011. There are two other climbing shops in Vashist, however HH Adventures seemed to be the best.

Travelling: in HHA they will tell you all about it. Basically bus from Manali, apprx. for 6hours.

HHA is also on facebook so you might eventually contact them in advance if you want...

In case you have more questions, dont hesitate to ask me...
adam

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook