RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

smook

Jul 4, 2012, 6:06 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Building a wall
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am currently in the proccess of constructing a climbing wall in my garage. I am about to buy some holds and I realized some holds need to be screwed into 2 T nuts. What configuration or spacing is standard for the T nuts that will allow these holds to be placed on my wall??
Thank you

acorneau

Jul 4, 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1975 views)
Shortcut

Re: [smook] Building a wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

smook wrote:
I am currently in the proccess of constructing a climbing wall in my garage. I am about to buy some holds and I realized some holds need to be screwed into 2 T nuts. What configuration or spacing is standard for the T nuts that will allow these holds to be placed on my wall??
Thank you

The only holds that require 2 t-nuts would be very long tufa/colonette holds or very large volumes. Everything else has one bolt hole and maybe a small hole for a set screw (standard drywall screw to keep it from spinning).

The only "standard" spacing would be that from wall manufacturers, so take a look at their websites and find the spacing they use (~8-12").

wrbill

Jul 4, 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1967 views)
Shortcut

Re: [smook] Building a wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Most holds that use two bolts will have a hole for one bolt and a slot for the second. The reason for the slot is because not all walls will dill their holes in a grid, well most walls do not grid. The slot will allow you to find a hole that will line up.

Plus as was said the second mount will be for a screw to keep it from spinning.

The number of holes you drill is up to you, but a good number to use is 100 to 120 per a 4 X 8 plywood. That would work out to 3 or 4 holes for every sq foot. Three holes per sq foot is 96 holes and four holes per sq foot is 128 holes. Hope this helps.

Have fun building your wall I know I did. You can see some pics of my wall on my profile. I don't have the wall any more as I have moved.

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook