RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

petitefemme

Dec 8, 2012, 1:13 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1197 views)
Shortcut

el potrero chico
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is there anyone that wants to go to el potrero chico cheap trip and warm weather. And it's the time of the year when a lot of climbers are heading that way. I would like to go in end of feb or jan. We can split gas. There are great places to stay for cheap if you dont want to camp. Meet in vegas if you want i am close to Red rock.

annie

tser_eonac

Dec 30, 2012, 11:05 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1082 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petitefemme] el potrero chico [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello, I too am thinking about a winter trip to Potrero. If you have a vehicle I would be willing to split gas and expenses. Hoping to travel/climb mid January to mid February. If interested drop me a line and we can chat climbing, travel and other stuff too. Cheers!

petitefemme

Dec 31, 2012, 7:22 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1073 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tser_eonac] el potrero chico [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would love to go in the end of feb. El potrero is 5 hours south of Austin, Texas. And from Las Vegas to austin it's 20 hour drive. Add 5 to that and thats way too much driving. Way more than I'm willing to drive..gas would cost too much round trip. So I wanted to fly from here to monterrey. They have people from the ranch at the base of the mountains to come pick us up there if we let them know. My friend just got back he said it's more like a resort and very cheap to stay. Feel free to call me if you want. I sent my number to your private email to discuss anything or email me annie.yosemtiestars@yahoo.com

cheers annie

(This post was edited by petitefemme on Dec 31, 2012, 7:26 AM)

tser_eonac

Jan 2, 2013, 8:45 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1044 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Annie, thanks for the reply. El Potrero looks like so much fun! Unfortunately my dates are fairly fixed as i have to return for work and other commitments. I hope you find a great partner and have an amazing time. I'm still looking for a partner and a ride south and hopefully will get a day or two in at red rocks along the way. If so perhaps we could catch up for a climb then. All the best in life, love and mountains.

petitefemme

Jan 3, 2013, 6:46 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1034 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tser_eonac] el potrero chico [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you I hope you have a wonderful trip and a wonderous New Year to come. Yes it looks like a ton of fun. If you are in Red Rock don't hesistate to let me know I will certainly meet you to climb and also introduce you to some other locals. That way you would also have connections here if you come alone. It will be warm soon here. Take care n stay i touch.Smile
cheers annie

potreroed

Jan 9, 2013, 2:26 AM
Post #6 of 7 (978 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's always climbers here looking for partners. Monterrey is a business city, not a tourist destination, so flights are a bit pricey, but once you're here, camping, food and beer are cheap and you can get around easily without a vehicle.

petitefemme

Jan 9, 2013, 4:30 PM
Post #7 of 7 (962 views)
Shortcut

Re: [potreroed] el potrero chico [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello Ed,

Thanks for the info. I know it's awesome there from what my friends tell me. I don't want to drive alone 19-20 hours though, so that is why I was looking into flying down there in May. Don't have time befor that. Can't wait to check it out.
annie

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook