RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

ShawnDesjardins

Feb 16, 2013, 3:21 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1979 views)
Shortcut

Red River Gorge - March 11th - 17th
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

I'll be heading down to Red River Gorge Kentucky solo from the 11th to the 17th hoping for good weather and to find other climbers. My climbing partner bailed on me and it's my only week off for the next 8 months, so I'm taking my chances. I'll be staying at Miguel's, feel free to contact me if your in the area and would like to climb.

All the best,

-Shawn

emanhawass

Feb 22, 2013, 4:09 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1917 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ShawnDesjardins] Red River Gorge - March 11th - 17th [In reply to]
Report this Post

Hello Shawn,
I am writing this email to ask you if you know or heard about solo climbers like you heading to the gorge and finding other partners? I am thinking to go alone too since I moved to a new city and finding partners on a short notice will be hard. I am just worried about safety and the climbing atmosphere there being a solo climber girl!

Thank you,

ShawnDesjardins

Feb 22, 2013, 4:51 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1910 views)
Shortcut

Re: [emanhawass] Red River Gorge - March 11th - 17th [In reply to]
Report this Post

Hi (I'm guessing your name is Eman),

I posted this same invitation on other rock climbing message boards and I was told by a few people that if I stayed at Miguel's ( http://www.miguelspizza.com/ ) It's a climbing gear shop, pizza restaurant, and campgrounds specifically for rock climbers, that I would more than likely find climbers. This will be my first trip to Red River Gorge so I really don't know much about it other than what I've researched on the net. Either way, I'll be camping at the Gorge from the 11th to approximately the 17th (depending on weather). If you'd like to take my contact info, feel free to contact me: shawn.desjardins1987@hotmail.com

Happy Climbing

brooklynclimber

Apr 12, 2013, 1:55 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1753 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ShawnDesjardins] Red River Gorge - March 11th - 17th [In reply to]
Report this Post

If you can't find someone on this board or another board, Miguel's is your best bet. I went to RRG for the first time in March during spring break, and the place was packed with climbers. The people who stay there are climbers, the people who eat there are climbers, the people who work there are climbers. If you ask the people people behind the counter, I'm sure they'll help you.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook