RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

mayhematic

May 17, 2013, 8:01 PM
Post #1 of 4 (5436 views)
Shortcut

Any Menstural cup users?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok so I bought a menstural cup a few weeks ago howver was too scared to use it on my most recant period as I was scared I wouldn't beable to take it out.

I have the mooncup and am a teenager. Anyone give me tips on taking it out or want to share menstural cup experiances? I really want to try using it as I can see how much better it could be for many reasons.Smile

derpy

May 20, 2013, 2:07 PM
Post #2 of 4 (5383 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mayhematic] Any Menstural cup users? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I really recommend this site for menstrual cup related advice and help: http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/
We're really used to nervous newbie teenagers!

I've been using mine for so long I can barely even remember what it was like before. In fact I'm wearing it right now, ha.

As for removal, it's not scary, I promise. I don't know how comfortable and familiar you are with your body right now, and I would suggest doing a little bit of exploring without the cup first if you haven't done that yet. The important thing to remember is that your vagina is not an endless cavity, it's a cul de sac. There is no way to lose something up there, and inserting the menstrual cup is not dangerous. At worst you might find it hard to reach or grip, but it's not going to disappear never to be seen again.

If you're finding removal difficult, then don't panic! You're going to be absolutely fine. You can try squatting in the shower, that helps you reach a bit further. You can also bear down to push it a bit further down. Then as soon as you can reach it just get a good grip (strong climbers fingers probably help here, haha!) and pull it out. As you get more practiced, you'll figure out how you prefer to insert and remove it in a way that is comfortable and not messy. It does take a bit of practice when you're new, but it's totally worth it.

mayhematic

May 20, 2013, 4:19 PM
Post #3 of 4 (5372 views)
Shortcut

Re: [derpy] Any Menstural cup users? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thankyou for that and the website link :)
It's good to know you've had positive experiances

clee03m

Jul 10, 2013, 4:38 AM
Post #4 of 4 (5164 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mayhematic] Any Menstural cup users? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I couldn't use mine before I had kids. Hurt too much to insert. After 2 kids I love them.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook