Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New to Town, looking to climb
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jtorres83

Jun 8, 2013, 4:32 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2462 views)
Shortcut

New to Town, looking to climb  (North_America: United_States: Texas: South_Central_Texas: Barton_Creek_Greenbelt)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone. I just moved here from New York and have been climbing when I could at The Gunks up there. I just landed in Austin and my gear will be shipped down in a couple of weeks. I do have my harness and shoes though.
Anyone up for having one more join them in the Greenbelt any weekends?

-Juan

(This post was edited by jtorres83 on Jun 8, 2013, 4:33 PM)

sladehawke

Jun 9, 2013, 7:23 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2397 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jtorres83] New to Town, looking to climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Juan,

My wife and I just moved to Austin 2 weeks ago... I'm about to head over to REI this afternoon to buy a copy of the Austin Climbing Guidebook and then I'm going to walk through Barton Creek park just to get familiar and to see how many people are around.

If you don't find anyone else to climb with, send me a message and you can be new with us. I've got a good rope and a dozen or so quickdraws. I used to be about a 12b leading on plastic, but haven't climbed regularly in about 3 years (living at the beach in florida). I made the switch to gymnastics instead, so I'm still in fairly good shape except for the crimpy fingertip stuff.

The more the merrier, I'd like to find someone local as well that knows the area so I don't get out there and paddle in on someone else's wave.

If you Austin folks see a big blonde guy who looks lost, that's me... I'd love to say hello and get any pointers you have.

(This post was edited by sladehawke on Jun 9, 2013, 7:35 PM)

jtorres83

Jun 11, 2013, 4:30 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2360 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sladehawke] New to Town, looking to climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, let's definitely plan on meeting up at the Greenbelt sometime. I'm trying to get my wife in to climbing as much as I am, she's gone a few times but a couple more will surely get her hooked. I'm planning on walking he greenbelt with harness and shoes in hand this Saturday morning to climb before the sun gets high (I here the limestone gets too hot to climb).

Did you get any routes in this past weekend? I have a set of quick draws and some good rope but its in a POD on its way to Austin until the 21st. I've climbed in the green belt which is bolted but I'm also hoping to make it out to enchanted rock this summer.

You guys up for heading out to climb this weekend?

(This post was edited by jtorres83 on Jun 14, 2013, 3:06 AM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook