RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bugs & Error Reports

Premier Sponsor:

Partner drector

Nov 20, 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #1 of 4 (4346 views)
Shortcut

25000 email in my account? no, not really
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Quote | Reply

I get this error when trying to send an email:

"Your sent mail was not saved as you have the more than 25000 e-mails in your account."

None of the email tools report more than about 1/10th that many. there is an email bug, or there are emails in my account that I cannot delete and cannot see.

I think that it's time to upgrade to a better email system. That means either me or you guys.

No one ever answered this question for me in the past,but if I switch email providers, I really need to know:

Can I have my rockclimbing.com email forwarded to some other email account?

If someone reading this doesn't now how to help, can you give me the email address of someone who can help? I am becoming desperate to fix my email without having all of my old friends unable to contact me because the email system here is substandard.

Oh, and that error only happens when I try to send a 2MB .zip file attachment. I am also not receiving emails with this same zip file attachment.

It would be great if the site owners could either fix the email system to be a little more 21st-century, or just get rid of it and let us forward our email addresses elsewhere. Broke stuff just sucks.

Thanks.

Dave

Partner happiegrrrl

Nov 20, 2013, 1:35 AM
Post #2 of 4 (4338 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drector] 25000 email in my account? no, not really [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Quote | Reply

I am surprised you hung onto an rc.com email addy all this while - talk about running it out on spicy gear!

I can't answer for the site or it's setup, but if I was in your predicament, I would get a GMail account. I know GMail can pull contacts from other systems, but somehow I don't think it would pull RC's. I suppose it's worth trying.

Partner drector

Nov 20, 2013, 3:30 AM
Post #3 of 4 (4324 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] 25000 email in my account? no, not really [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Quote | Reply

Thanks. I've had this account for so long that I just hate to abandon the address. but the email system is certainly old and crappy.

I have a yahoo account, a gmail account, and a work account for each of my two jobs. I guess it's time to just give this up. If I could only get it to auto-reply to people with my new address :(

Dave

Partner Jeff
Owner

Dec 4, 2013, 1:56 AM
Post #4 of 4 (4260 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drector] 25000 email in my account? no, not really [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Quote | Reply

Dave and I are trying to figure out the root cause of the errors via PM on this.

I haven't spent much time thinking about the webmail interface, but I definitely agree that the interface is a bit archaic.

Just took a quick peek at Google Analytics and I still see several thousand unique visits ever month to webmail, so it gets used more than I expected. I don't know how many of those are actively using vs checking out of idle curiosity.

At some point we'll either upgrade to newer stuff or drop it entirely. If we drop it, I will make sure you have the option of forwarding email that comes in to your @rc email to another email address and setting an auto-reply to notify senders. I'm not going to leave you high and dry--promise on that.

Right now though, my focus is on other parts of the site, so as long as webmail works correctly, that'll have to do. Don't expect new features there for a while.

But if you hit errors of any kind, let me know and I will make sure those get fixed.

(This post was edited by Jeff on Dec 4, 2013, 1:56 AM)

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Bugs & Error Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook