RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

matterunomama

Nov 24, 2013, 7:42 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2958 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Guide for Todra Gorge Morocco?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am looking for a gift for someone who is going to the Todra Gorge area of Morrocco, in the high Atlas Mountains. "Morocco Rock" doesn't seem to me to cover this area . Is that correct? Is there guide that covers the climbing in the area?

curt

Nov 24, 2013, 8:45 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2940 views)
Shortcut

Re: [matterunomama] Climbing Guide for Todra Gorge Morocco? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I found this info at summit post:

Book "Escalade au Maroc -Todra" from Guy Albert, only in french. Contact with the author : Guy.Abert@wanadoo.fr.

The Italian Mountain Guide Nicoḷ Berzi (Guide Alpine Milano) organises climbing trips to Todra in autumn and spring for beginners and intermediates.For more information contact +39 0335/6535349 ornicolobe@tiscalinet.it

Curt

matterunomama

Nov 24, 2013, 9:12 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2929 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Climbing Guide for Todra Gorge Morocco? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
I found this info at summit post:

Book "Escalade au Maroc -Todra" from Guy Albert, only in french. Contact with the author : Guy.Abert@wanadoo.fr.

The Italian Mountain Guide Nicoḷ Berzi (Guide Alpine Milano) organises climbing trips to Todra in autumn and spring for beginners and intermediates.For more information contact +39 0335/6535349 ornicolobe@tiscalinet.it

Curt

I saw that also. My giftee is completely French illiterate and Im not sure how useful picture and topo alone would be. It may be all that is available. Has anyone gone there? What did you use?

JAB

Nov 25, 2013, 8:25 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2858 views)
Shortcut

Re: [matterunomama] Climbing Guide for Todra Gorge Morocco? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

matterunomama wrote:
I am looking for a gift for someone who is going to the Todra Gorge area of Morrocco, in the high Atlas Mountains. "Morocco Rock" doesn't seem to me to cover this area . Is that correct? Is there guide that covers the climbing in the area?

There is a local guy who sells a guidebook. But as far as I know, it is only sold there.

The guidebook is really something. It is about 30 pages of hand-drawn topos, copied on a copier and colored by hand with color pencils. I think he makes it in several languages, the one I bought is in english (with some french/italian influences, for example bolts are called "spits"). But like I said, you need to go to Todra to get it.

matterunomama

Nov 25, 2013, 9:01 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2855 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JAB] Climbing Guide for Todra Gorge Morocco? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

JAB wrote:
matterunomama wrote:

There is a local guy who sells a guidebook. But as far as I know, it is only sold there.

The guidebook is really something. It is about 30 pages of hand-drawn topos, copied on a copier and colored by hand with color pencils. I think he makes it in several languages, the one I bought is in english (with some french/italian influences, for example bolts are called "spits"). But like I said, you need to go to Todra to get it.

Thank you. I won't knock myself out looking for the official guidebook.i think I saw that guy ?hassan mentioned somewhere. I will tell my climber to look him up once there.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook