RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

petertherock

Jan 27, 2014, 6:39 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1232 views)
Shortcut

Yosemite Valley climbing partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I can probably lead 5.8 at the moment. I have not been climbing much outdoors recently but the weather is so good it's time to start the season. Have trad gear, rope etc. Preferably you are from the Bay Area to carpool. At a minimum, you should either lead sport or be experienced trad follower. I am also open to follow if you are better. Thanks.
Peter

BobTurner

Feb 6, 2014, 5:32 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1068 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petertherock] Yosemite Valley climbing partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Greetings Peter,
I am an English oldfart (65) and I am coming to the States with my wife Sally for a 10week trip in March,April,May this year.I lead to 5.8/5.9 on a good day and have only ever cimbed trad routes. Sally does not climb but I hope to do some on my travels and I would love to climb in Yosemite Valley(I have been there more than once but never climbed).I will have climbing shoes, helmet, harness, belay plate, prussic loops, a few screwgates and three or four slings but no other lead gear or rope. I will be staying with friends very close to Castle Rock State Park between March23rd-27th and again between May22nd and 28th and we hopes to be staying close to Yosemite around April 4th - about the 8th.If you fancy showing me some routes I would happily reciprocate should you find yourself in Cornwall where I have plenty of spare gear.
cheers Bob

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook