RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

grippedclimber

Feb 11, 2003, 5:40 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1489 views)
Shortcut

Peyote Dreams, Zion National Park
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have done the first two pitches of Peyote, which lead to levels of doom. There is alot of hooking on Peyote and I would definetly expect alot of blasted out pin scars. You will need alot of sawed offs. In fact, the whole gambit from baby's to the big boys.Bring a very full rack of hooks. The first two pitches lead to a big ledge beneath a huge rock scar and chimney. The chimney is levels. Watch your ropes here, I core shoted a brand new haul line hauling to the ledge. You should be prepared to do some stacking and to deal with loose, flexing flakes. I know that Levels is full of them so I'd expect it on Peyote. The last pitch is supposed to be sandbox from hell and I would truly believe this. I bailed from levels so I wouldn't know about the last pitches(again they share the first two and the last three pitches) Rap the route or levels. You can walk off but it is gnarly. Peyote will be adventureous and truly sick. The Right twin is a really sweet formation. Expect a battle. Pura Vida PS: eurobiner might have some more info as he went back and finished levels. I don't know if he has been on the site lately, but you could PM him.

flamer

Feb 11, 2003, 8:14 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1489 views)
Shortcut

Peyote Dreams, Zion National Park [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't they close that whole area in the spring for Falcons?
josh

gawd

Feb 11, 2003, 8:19 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1489 views)
Shortcut

Peyote Dreams, Zion National Park [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yes the area has extensive falcon clousres. call the climbing desk and they will give you an idea.

the closures are dependent on wether or not they actually see nesting pairs in the area.

peyote dreams is a lotta work for a few good pitches.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook