Premier Sponsor:

trevor
Anonymous Poster

Dec 4, 2001, 6:52 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1249 views)
Shortcut

User Ratings
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I had a suggestion from a user that we create a new Rating system in addition to our current one. This would be a Popularity Score. If you read someone's posts and they are always witty, full of great information, and they always have a cool head, then you give the person a 10. If a month later, they totally let you down and start posting garbage, then you change your rating from a 10 to a 3. You could also base your rating on their quality of descriptions in the Routes section. IF they post a bunch of blank entries, then you rate them lower.

This would solve many of the "quality" problems that we have on the site. What would result is a quantitative Rating Score and a qualitative Popularity Score.

I have been thinking about creating a Forum Moderator Vice President position that would be incharge of adding new mods and stuff. We could use the Popularity rating to calculate who the VP for Forums is for a particular month. The same goes for Routes and Area Managers.

Trevor

wigglestick

Dec 4, 2001, 7:54 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1249 views)
Shortcut

User Ratings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ahhhhhh Bad high school flashback. Silly idea. Everybody can find out who is "cool" by reading the forums. Let people decide who they like without some number dictating it.

Matt

P.S. My mom says I am cool, does that count?

trevor
Anonymous Poster

Dec 4, 2001, 10:52 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1249 views)
Shortcut

User Ratings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The reason for this is NOT to really find out who is popular or not.

The reason we do this is because we need a way we can recognize those people who consistently provide quality over quantity. We know who provides quantity already.

There are people who enter in routes with no information of how to get there or anything else about the route. Some people just reply with stupid remarks. How do we say thanks to those people who strive to make each word and each post and each route worth your Internet time to read?

Also, I think there is a difference between everyone knowing who does quality work and actually saying who does quality work.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook