RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

Partner phaedrus

Mar 9, 2003, 3:27 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1813 views)
Shortcut

First time walking the line
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So earlier this week, my slackline from Ethos Climbing came in, and with 60F temps here today, I got to set it up and try it out.

Dude, Ammon... you get insane amounts of respect from me, even more than before. Walking the line is GREAT, but MUCH harder than it looks!

I definitely found out that what people have said about walking the line: that it helps to get into a "zone." I found that as long as I could get myself relatively calm and quiet, I was able to get myself on the line and even make it down a few steps before falling off. We set up a line about 25' long or so; I could only make it about 6'- 7' (which was still better than any of the boys from my climbing team that were with me!), but I definitely did better when I was more focused.

MUCH fun... if you've never tried it, definitely give it a shot. And in my opinion, the Ethos slacklines are definitely worth the $$ you'll spend- easy to set up and take down and be pretty much set up anywhere you need.

Todd

sheldonjr

Apr 9, 2003, 3:56 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1813 views)
Shortcut

First time walking the line [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I just did my first day of slacking. My line was about 40' long and roughly 3' high. (We didn't worry about the middle touching cause we can't get that far anyway.) I could only get about six or seven steps max. Usually two or three. But for some reason, terribly addicting... :D

lifeguard4

May 4, 2003, 1:30 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Re: First time walking the line [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I walked the line for the first time about a week ago and i'm totally addicted. After two days I could walk about 15 feet and then turn around and start back. It's great. and tons of fun. Also doesn't cost nearly as much a all my climbing stuff.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook