First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

bakedjake

Mar 18, 2003, 10:47 PM
Post #26 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

I hate the US president! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And as a last post for the evening, just to stew things up a bit... "here's to America, Land of the free, home of the brave" ahem!!! May our boys and the Iraquis be free from harm. May evil dictators not.

bakedjake

Mar 18, 2003, 10:48 PM
Post #27 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh yes, one last thing... Thomas, they're called Valium and they do work.

hugepedro

Mar 18, 2003, 10:58 PM
Post #28 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good point Curt. Coming over to the pragmatic's side of this issue, are you?

I'm not going to comment on hating the President, but I have a question. Many of you seem to think that Saddam's WMD pose a threat to America. What I truly do not undersand is why you would think that? On what evidence have you formed that opinion? I'm not trying to be a smartarse, I would really like to hear your reasons, because . . .

"Do you seriously doubt, even for a brief second, the Sadam Hussein wouldn't use WMDs on the US or US interests if given a chance?"

Well, I think the answer that question is that there is NO DOUBT that Saddam will NOT use WMD against us. It's been proven. He had the chance in the '91 war and did not use them. He's had them all along and has not used them, when at any time he could ship them over here in a cargo container or give them to Al Qaeda - but he's done neither.

So please tell me, what makes you think that Saddam's WMD pose any threat whatsoever to the United States? I just don't see it.

I think Saddam is obviously the sort of person who is deterrable, as opposed to undeterrable. People who love their life more than they love their cause are deterrable. I think Saddam is clearly in this category. People who love their cause more than they love their life are undeterrable. Such as the 9-11 hijackers - those are the types we should be worried about.

epic_ed

Mar 18, 2003, 11:05 PM
Post #29 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Do you seriously doubt, even for a brief second, the Sadam Hussein wouldn't use WMDs on the US or US interests if given a chance?
up2top, yes I doubt because he knows that your military force is far over his own and won't dare to provoke you, so I think he would never have tried to fight against you. He lost against Iran, against Koweit, I don't beleive he would have tried vs the USA.

I'm certain that he would never make a direct attack against the US or Isreal. But I'm equally certain it wouldn't be difficult at all to provide WMDs to another group (Al Queda or not) who would use them against us and our allies. Think about it -- look at what a mess we have to go through just to prove he even has these weapons. Many people aren't even convinced of this point. Imagine how tough it will be to "prove" a link between Sadam and some terrorist group that used anthrax in one of our cities. Sadam can dance, and evade, and deny, and hide until the end of time and no preponderance of evidence against him will be enough to convince some poeple (certainly not the French). Screw that. If anyone thinks our evidence that he has WMDs is marginal now, then I'd hate to see what they think of any evidence we could produce in the case of linking him with supplying terrorists. Lets get him now before he enables someone to wipe out a theme park, or a subway, or a national park. I'd rather act on questionable evidence now, then wait until thousands are dead to act on the same questionable evidence. "Well, someone sure killed a bunch of people, but gee, I'm just not sure who it was??? Let wait until the UN has decide who is to blame. We don't want to be hasty!" We aren't going to let that scenario play out. No way.

In reply to:
In reply to:
N. Korea will be dealt with in due time.
Hope you're kidding.

Uh, nope. I'm not.

In reply to:
In reply to:
we simply feel that the French by-and-large just don't like us
that's not false. But we don't like too many people if any. We, like you, heve a mild to severe superiority complex.

Haha! Well, thanks for your honesty. :P I agree that we have a tendency to think highly of ourselves. Some people feel that's enough reason to want to kill us.

Ed

curt

Mar 18, 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #30 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hugepedro,
In reply to:
Well, I think the answer that question is that there is NO DOUBT that Saddam will NOT use WMD against us. It's been proven. He had the chance in the '91 war and did not use them. He's had them all along and has not used them, when at any time he could ship them over here in a cargo container or give them to Al Qaeda - but he's done neither.

The 1991 Gulf War has not proven anything about Saddam's willingness to use WMD. The only factual point is that he did not use them then. How do you know that he would not have used them--as a weapon of last resort? What if we were knocking on the door at Baghdad--and he thinks his regieme is finished? I really hope you are right, but I have little doubt Saddam will resort to chemical weapons in the upcoming conflict.

Also, you state (as a fact) above that Saddam has not supplied WMD to Al Qaeda. How can you be so sure? What is the source of your inside intelligence on this?

Curt

hugepedro

Mar 18, 2003, 11:49 PM
Post #31 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
How do you know that he would not have used them--as a weapon of last resort? What if we were knocking on the door at Baghdad--and he thinks his regieme is finished? I really hope you are right, but I have little doubt Saddam will resort to chemical weapons in the upcoming conflict.

I also think he might use them this time. So what you're saying is he won't use them unless we attack and occupy his country and attempt to remove him from power? Doesn't sound like a threat to our National Security or our personal safety to me. Keep in mind that people are saying that we have to go to war now because "don't you think he'd use them if he could" when our history with Saddam has shown just the opposite.

In reply to:
Also, you state (as a fact) above that Saddam has not supplied WMD to Al Qaeda. How can you be so sure? What is the source of your inside intelligence on this?

You are correct, I don't know this for certain. But reason tells me that if they had that stuff they would have used it already. It would be a heck of a lot easier to get a shipping container of nerve gas or VX into this country and take out an entire city than it was to pull off that suicide hijacking. I mean, it took them years of planning and training to pull that off. Bio/chem agents would have been so much easier, faster, and cheaper. So, yeah, no evidence, other than common sense.

flynnypek

Mar 19, 2003, 12:10 AM
Post #32 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Re: I hate the US president! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I hate the US president!!! I don't want to go to war! it is stupid!!!

I have never been so angry about someone's decision to go to war... I don't think anybody deserves to die...
... and certainly not innocent people!

"In God we trust"? ... hopefully God will take revange on this one...

America was shocked by two or three small planes falling into their buildings???... Imagine... a WHOLE Country like Iraq seeing hundrends of buildings falling in front of them....

I HATE HIM! and there's nothing I can do... but complain in my f... country hoping things where different...
¨
Peace and harmony... that's all we need to live in this world... who cares if you guys are Europian, Mexican, American, French... or whatever nationallity??
We are all climbers! that's all there is... I don't care what your nationallity is... all I care is for any of you to share your experience... learn from you... and hoping you guys can learn from me... to live and experience fresh air up in the rocks...
Share my rope with you guys... shake your hands... and live happy in a non agressive environment.

OMFG.

Seriously, OMFG.

Happy peaceful jelly bean parties don't work with a man who executes people for saying he sucks.

Honestly, educate yourself in how certain issues can be resolved.

Go shake your hands with a crazy psycho killer who wants to slice your throat. See how far that gets you.

Oh my. . .another moron with an opinion.

Yeah... yeah... someone who though was "well educated" also decided to crash an airplane into your buildings... I guess he did resolved it all right...

Violence... bounces into violence...

By the way... how do you know when someone is "educated" well enough on how issues CAN be resolved... I mean... UN didn't support your presidents decision.... I would say UN has more experience on those matters since it is an organism entirely working for those purpposes...

cloudbreak

Mar 19, 2003, 12:39 AM
Post #33 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cesar, it seems you've got the world figured.....or maybe you should at least keep telling yourself that. Peace and harmony, huh? Wake the fuuuck up Bro! A "majority" of all previous wars were looked at as "bad" as well, but a lot of good resulted, as I feel confident will come from the ellimination of Sadam and the war that accompanies it.

Lastly, you said you "hate" our president. Hate is a strong word....so maybe you should just worry about your own damn country and keep selling Pińatas.

thrasher

Mar 19, 2003, 12:54 AM
Post #34 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tinypecker or flinnypeck or whatever your name is...you are a complete unadulterated moron...it is people like you that have your head so far up your arse that get us in these messes to begin with. We are the only country in the world able to deal with people like this. You hate Bush who is an honorable man and you don't voice one bit of dislike toward Hussein who among other things, to punish men for dissenting against his government, beheads the man's wife in public in front of him and his children, stuffs her body and head in a bag and throws it at the families feet. Saddam has an industrial plastic shredder that he feeds men into alive for being against his government. This asshole mutilates women's genitals so they can't ever have sex. He beheads people if they are suspected of being gay. And you hate Bush? I swear, it is idiots like you that make my blood boil. You are a moron and I hope you stay south of the border...

h2oclimber

Mar 19, 2003, 1:05 AM
Post #35 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I recall alot of people being upset with the US government when the had a clue that something might happen on September 11th. For many years we knew Bin Ladden was hell bent on attacking the US and we didn't try to stop him. And people were upset with the US government because they had ample time to prevent an attack and stop the madman and didnt take action before it was too late. Well tell me what the difference is now. The US is taking action before more US citizens are attacked by another madman.

Partner pianomahnn

Mar 19, 2003, 1:49 AM
Post #36 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I recall alot of people being upset with the US government when the had a clue that something might happen on September 11th. For many years we knew Bin Ladden was hell bent on attacking the US and we didn't try to stop him. And people were upset with the US government because they had ample time to prevent an attack and stop the madman and didnt take action before it was too late. Well tell me what the difference is now. The US is taking action before more US citizens are attacked by another madman.

And those same people are very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, not smart.

roark

Mar 19, 2003, 1:49 AM
Post #37 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

too bad he is really a nice person once you get to know him

Partner pianomahnn

Mar 19, 2003, 1:53 AM
Post #38 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This one time, at band camp, Saddam poured me a cup of tea.

And then I said, "DIE YOU MOTHAFUKA!!!!"

thrasher

Mar 19, 2003, 2:28 AM
Post #39 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bush went to Bahgdad to hold peace talks with Sadam.
He was sitting at the corner of Sadam's desk and he noticed three buttons.
A few minutes into the talks, Sadam presses a button and a 2x4 came flying up from beside the desk and nailed Bush in the shin. Sadam laughed out loud. Bush, wanting peace at all costs, continues the talks. A few minutes later, Sadam pushes the next button and a board came flying up and nailed Bush in the stomach. Sadam was laughing his ass off. Bush sticks around to give peace one last chance. Sadam then pushes the last button and a bowling ball comes flying out and nails Bush in the balls. Sadam is guffawing like crazy. Bush had had enough and says, "I'm leaving, we can continue the talks in Texas in a month.

A month later, Sadam is sitting at Bushes desk and he notices three buttons. A few minutes into their talks, Bush presses a button and Sadam flinches but nothing happened. Bush smiles. A few minutes later, Bush presses another button. sadam flinches and ducks but nothing happens and Bush is laughing. Later, Bush presses the last button. Sadam is so nervous he hits the floor, but, once again, nothing happens. Bush is rolling on the floor laughing like crazy. Sadam says, "Forget this, I am going home to Bahgdad!" To which Bush replies, "What Bahgdad?" :D :D :P

Partner pianomahnn

Mar 19, 2003, 2:32 AM
Post #40 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That joke wins!!

:D

epic_ed

Mar 19, 2003, 2:58 AM
Post #41 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now that's damn funny.

Comments above in no way reflect authors desire to nuke the people of Iraq, see the Iraqi people suffer, nor see their homes destroyed. It's a joke. A damn joke, I tell ya....

rockhugger

Mar 19, 2003, 2:59 AM
Post #42 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

flynnypek, your just jealous 'cause you haven't made it across the border.Bet if you were over here you'd love G.W.!!!! I wonder how much of my hard earned money goes into foreign aid for Mexico?What about NAFTA?You sir are a stupid short sighted little F U C K!!eDITED SO F U C K WOULD COME OUT RIGHT.

bigbouda

Mar 19, 2003, 2:59 PM
Post #43 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would love to believe that Dubya is the only problem. Sad enough he is only the tip of the iceberg. Some people actaully voted for him, and would likely vote again. (inbreds). Some folks actually say they are proud to have seen the man or met him. Demonizing him is very easy, and in the short term cathartic and necessary. But the real problem lies deeper that just him. What he says and does connects to many people, and as long as you don’t get to them and open their eyes, they will likely vote for the next moron in line. Theres democracy for you….you have the right to vote for any idiot in the country. Sometimes it would be best for some people to abstain from voting. And while you’re at it, please don’t have any kids, we don’t need more dubya lovers out there. There always other things you can do with your cousins…

caughtinside

Mar 19, 2003, 8:53 PM
Post #44 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lucky for the rest of us you're so smart and can open our eyes! I really don't know what I'd do if you didn't tell me what is good for me.

Go condecend somewhere else, smart guy

epic_ed

Mar 20, 2003, 1:22 AM
Post #45 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Funny, BigBouda -- and here I always though it was me who was trying to get people like you to open their eyes. Silly me. Glad you straightened me out.

Here's an idea. Considering that our public education system is a tremendous bastion of liberalism and for the most part we are raised and taught from a liberal point of view from the time we are in kindergarden all the way through college, do you really think we've missed out on the opportunity to "have our eyes opened?" It's a miracle any of us remain conservatives AT ALL after the brain washing that occurs during our formative years. So how does it happen that we have at least 1/2 of the country voting for representatives with conservative values? For many, it's because once they get a few years of "real world" experiences under their belt, they begin to realize what a crock of sh!t they've been feed over the years.

It ain't easy, bro. I was raised by an ultra-liberal family and went to both public and parochrial schools during my eduction. My Dad was a college professor for one of the most liberal universities in the mid-west. Funny thing is, I understand EXACTLY why you think the way you do. Your intentions are great, but liberal actions are often counter productive to the evils they try to eliminate. And in fact because liberals thrive on "care taking" they necessairly perpetuate the very problems they intend to solve. Bottom line for this enlightened conservative: liberals believe we are a great nation because of our government; conservatitives believe we are a great nation because of our people.

Ed

Partner pianomahnn

Mar 20, 2003, 3:37 AM
Post #46 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I would love to believe that Dubya is the only problem. Sad enough he is only the tip of the iceberg. Some people actaully voted for him, and would likely vote again. (inbreds). Some folks actually say they are proud to have seen the man or met him. Demonizing him is very easy, and in the short term cathartic and necessary. But the real problem lies deeper that just him. What he says and does connects to many people, and as long as you don’t get to them and open their eyes, they will likely vote for the next moron in line. Theres democracy for you….you have the right to vote for any idiot in the country. Sometimes it would be best for some people to abstain from voting. And while you’re at it, please don’t have any kids, we don’t need more dubya lovers out there. There always other things you can do with your cousins…

It's those same sort of people who can't correctly punch a chad when voting for Gore.

My claim is anyone who votes Democrat or Republican is just a moron.

danooguy

Mar 22, 2003, 6:35 PM
Post #47 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I did not read this entire thread so maybe my comments will mirror others...but....

1. The author of this thread lives in Fairy Land.
2. 9/11 changed the rules...those that support terrorism must die.
3. Thomas...your people have been exposed big time...they are cowards and should no longer be classifieds as Allies...Kissinger even spoke to that effect recently.
4. The invasion of Iraq is valid for mulitple reasons. His ownership of WMD is but one. His support of terrorism is near the top of the list.

Huge:
In reply to:
I think Saddam is obviously the sort of person who is deterrable, as opposed to undeterrable.

Deterrable in an overt sense, yes. He will not DIRECTLY attack us or our people. (That is what separates Iraq from North Korea...and we may be addressing those bastards soon enough). Iraq overtly supports terrorism.

Did you happen to catch the infamous Barbara Walters the other night as she interviewed former Iraqi citizens?.....talk of rape, murder, chemical baths, grinding people alive in meat grinders....lay all that down against what the author of this thread has to say...and what the French have to say....

The situation we are encountering is absolutely unique. We have never had to deal with such an indirect threat that affects us directly to such a high degree. Our entire way of life is threatened.

The methods we must employ will NOT be conventional...they cannot be conventional.

The rules have changed.
The rules have changed.
The rules have changed.
Until you come to terms with that, none of this will be "logical" to you.

marks

Mar 22, 2003, 7:38 PM
Post #48 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

danooguy ,it got nothing to do with terrorism its about oil.if you drove cars with small engines in usa not v8's .your oil would not be running out,instead gwb decides to pick on an easy target.he is the biggest risk to world saftey.there is no proof bin laden and sadam are allies

marks

Mar 22, 2003, 7:38 PM
Post #49 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

danooguy ,it got nothing to do with terrorism its about oil.if you drove cars with small engines in usa not v8's .your oil would not be running out,instead gwb decides to pick on an easy target.he is the biggest risk to world saftey.there is no proof bin laden and sadam are allies

marks

Mar 22, 2003, 7:40 PM
Post #50 of 121 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh and here in the u.k we have taliban fighters living on benifits getting free housing,is gwb going to attack us for harbouring terrorist's

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook