First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

madriver

Mar 18, 2003, 8:48 PM
Post #26 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

this one not only received it............but relieved it..........!!!

http://images.google.com/...ash/suv-gaspump2.jpg

by the way.......where do all all the old suvs go..........?

MR :shock:

Partner taino

Mar 18, 2003, 8:49 PM
Post #27 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
gawd wrote.......

In reply to:
Minivans are easier to drive, get better gas mileage, are easier to park, have more internal space, and are just as safe

eerrrrrrrrrr....wrong.....!!!!!!!

Mini-vans don't have half the room my Suburban has. As talking up parking. I don't think it matters if you have a sub-compact or SUV. I can park my pig in the closer to the store sub-compact spaces.....it fits!!!!!! Bwwwhahahah....!!

Signed.....

M. Harrington :shock:

Hmm. You're right. However, Trump Tower doesn't have half the room that your Suburban has, and as for parking - do you even notice the subcompacts that you roll over to park?

T

bakedjake

Mar 18, 2003, 8:49 PM
Post #28 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.ariannaonline.com/suv/

madriver

Mar 18, 2003, 9:00 PM
Post #29 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gawd wrote........
In reply to:
Hmm. You're right. However, Trump Tower doesn't have half the room that your Suburban has, and as for parking - do you even notice the subcompacts that you roll over to park?

no........

true story.....my wife was coming home from some shuttle service duty in our SUBURBAN...she drives up to the front of house (she had not been driving a big SUV very often when this happened) ..my neighbors Nissan is parked out front on the street also. So she pulls in around it and said she felt like she had just run over a can in the road. She comes inside and forgets about it. A little while later the neighbor comes out and sees her car ripped open from the front bumper to the door!!! My wife had caught her car in the SUBURBANS bumper and opened it up like a can of spam!!! She never even felt it except for the can in the road part. It was pretty funny and the neighbor was cool about it.

MR :shock:

bakedjake

Mar 18, 2003, 9:04 PM
Post #30 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Why is a yogurt company partnering with a radio show about cars to talk about SUVs?

“Ok,” you’re thinking, “these people have really lost me this time. Why would a yogurt company care about the type of vehicle I drive?!” The answer is one word: “Health”.
Stonyfield Farm is committed to health. And, because healthy food can only come from a healthy planet, we care about the environment.

Transportation is responsible for over one-half of all U.S. air pollution and over one-third of the gases that cause global warming, affecting not only the planet’s health, but yours too. We can all do our part to reduce the pollution from our transportation. So, we’ve partnered with Car Talk radio hosts Tom and Ray Magliozzi to help people better understand how our car buying decisions can make a difference.

Over one half of new car sales are minivans, light trucks and SUVs. Because of this trend, the average fuel economy of all new passenger vehicles has declined over the past decade to 20.4 miles per gallon in 2001, the lowest since 1980. SUVs and light trucks create 47% more smog-forming pollution and 43% more global warming emissions. Larger passenger vehicles also put car drivers at greater risk in vehicle accidents.

We’re not saying that larger cars like SUVs are bad, nor are the people who drive them. Living in New Hampshire, I frequently depend on my four wheel drive to get around in the winter, and for carting around my three kids! But, we want people to be aware that the use of SUVs has environmental and social burdens. There are alternatives that may be more comfortable, less expensive, more hip-- and by the way, better for the environment. If you do need an SUV, we want you to know about the most fuel efficient ones available, as well as new technologies that can make them significantly more efficient.

So, by all means, live life larger, but perhaps a smaller, smarter, more fuel-efficient vehicle may work for you. As always, we want to hear your thoughts!

For a Healthy Planet,

CEO
Honda CRV Driver
(Eagerly awaiting the first hybrid vehicle that will fit my family)

mwbtle

Mar 18, 2003, 9:09 PM
Post #31 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

:shock:

madriver...remind me to thank the SUV drivers in my neighborhood who haven't done the same. My plastic car feels everything...I hit something, the world knows, because my car jumps 3 feet to the left or right and makes crashing noises...even when there isn't a scratch on either car...

Partner taino

Mar 18, 2003, 9:10 PM
Post #32 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Madriver - I'm willing to bet that your insurance company paid for the damage, and that you didn't try to say "who, me? I didn't do it!"

Now - take that same scenario. Change it slightly, to have an anonymous driver in an SUV rip your car open but take off and not leave a note. Who is going to pay the couple thousand dollars to have your car fixed? Since the anonymous driver took off, it looks like the money is coming out of your pocket - and your insurance premium is going to get higher.

True story - I was trying to park my compact sedan, the other day; I rolled down four City avenue-blocks (over 1/4 mile), and saw no less than 25 SUVs. Every single one of them was taking up the equivalent of two parking spaces.

Tai

Edited for clarity.

caughtinside

Mar 18, 2003, 10:02 PM
Post #33 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You don't have to have an SUV to hit and run. Also, I think CRVs are 'not-recommended' for offroad use, they're built on an Accord frame! Those things are for your adventures (or lack thereof) in reality, remember? :lol:

I'm not blind to the environmental impact either. I just think that it's barking up the wrong tree to rabidly blame SUVs. There are no emission requirements for diesel burning engines. That means every big rig on the road is polluting hundreds of times more than a brand new Yukon.

Taino, maybe you shouldn't own a car if you live in NYC. I've been there, and I wouldn't keep a car there. Hmm, I just tried to tell you what to do and you didn't like it very much, did you...

justsendingits

Mar 19, 2003, 10:54 AM
Post #34 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have worked for Ford Mo. co. for 17 years.We used to build the Aerostar minivan,but for the past 7 years we have built over a million Explorer's.
St.Louis plant,and our sister plant in Louiville build over 1200 units a day.Up until about 2 years ago,i never gave it much thought.But now I am very ashamed that I am helping ruin the planet.
I guess I could quit,but I do have 17 years invested,and ford says they will close our plant in Sept.2005

I most likely will be transferd to another plant,I hope I get laid off as i am eligable for 4 years of 75% of my pay.Think about it,4 years of climbing,PAID.

What if we really do screw up this planet?What do you think ppl. would say to us 150 years from now if they could?

Aids and global warming seem way more important than the Iraq,mabye,could,If, threat.

marks

Mar 22, 2003, 7:49 PM
Post #35 of 35 (463 views)
Shortcut

s.u.v's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

s.u.v's are just an ego trip."look at me above you"
making up for something lacking in the trouser dept.
i lke my 1800cc vw golf gti 16v small and fast,and 13 years old but still beats new cars costing 30 times as much as it.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook