Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

fo_d

Apr 1, 2003, 1:25 PM
Post #1 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

April climbing in Minnesota
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yep, April showers bring May....................bugs? as for the rc.com gathering iat Blue mound, I was hoping the MN page would be fixed before we posted about it but I guess we'll just have to go ahead and do it soon, maybe in the next few days. anyone interested in Blue mound this month, start watching the weather and this thread.

:D Les :D

duskerhu

Apr 2, 2003, 2:22 AM
Post #2 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

April climbing in Minnesota [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah yes, fooled by the weather again... :cry:

Boy, it was a much nicer day today than the weather report would have suggested. Too bad it was a Tuesday and I had the kids tonight or I'd have gone out for sure.

Anyway, I too have noticed that many functions on the state pages are not yet working... When I get some free time at work tonight, I'll go through the MN page and note all the unavailable functions and put up a post in the Suggestions forum. I'd imagine that most of the same functions aren't working on the other states pages either.

I know it was me pressing Les, but lets wait a couple more days and see if they don't just happen to help us out with some of this stuff...

Also, just want to throw out another reminder that we should be updating the MN Routes Page. If you have additional info for routes listed at the various areas or additional routes, please add them.

duskerhu

pelliott

Apr 2, 2003, 4:12 AM
Post #3 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Blue Mounds [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was hoping to get out to Blue Mound this weekend, but the weather looks crappy. Maybe it will improve before then. I am thinking of heading out there after work on Friday if things look up otherwise I will be at Red Wing Saturday morning.

Update: I just double checked the weather and things are looking up. I will be talking to Kurt tomorrow, and I think he will be up for the road trip to Blue Mound. If anyone else is up for it, you are welcome to join us.

fo_d

Apr 4, 2003, 11:38 PM
Post #4 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok its time to decide when we want to do our 2ed anual rc.com gathering in Blue Mound, I sort of picked June on my own because I was hoping for warm weather so we can do some night climbing but the dates are up in the air, June 13-15, June 20-22 or June 27-29, I'm going to throw my vote in for the 13-15. Please post your preferences here and I'll tally them up and start the gathering thread, I'd like to start it Sunday but I'll wait till I hear from most of our regular members, let anyone you know who hasnt been watching this thread to come on and vote for a weekend.

Later

pelliott

Apr 5, 2003, 5:29 AM
Post #5 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The weather is no longer cooperating. Every time I looked on weather.com it got colder. Now it is a high of 40 with an average of 30's. I guess I have to admit defeat. It sucks to end up in the gym after getting my hopes up.

brianthew

Apr 5, 2003, 6:13 AM
Post #6 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Heehee....cynic and I are off to the Falls tomorrow (well, now, today). Should be interesting. Doing primarily aid practice, with a good deal of shivering to be sure.

Oh well, at least it is supposed to be sunny.

gymclimbfreak

Apr 5, 2003, 7:25 AM
Post #7 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dann I 'll throw my vote in for June 13-15, even though for me it doesn't really matter, I just need about 3-1/2 weeks notice so i can make sure I have some time off for it.

fo_d

Apr 5, 2003, 8:27 AM
Post #8 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Brian, where did you get that stick man? I gotta have one of those.

duskerhu

Apr 5, 2003, 9:37 AM
Post #9 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pelliott, the weather wasn't cooperating all week; unless you were planning on climbing in the 40's... Maybe in Jan, Feb, or Mar I'll climb outside when it's in the 40's but NOT in April! Call me if you wanna hit VE Saturday... brianthew, hope you don't freeze yer mitts off dude; might be a bit breezy up the river the way the wind was blowing all week...

Speaking of weather, did you two above me not read fo_d's post about the
2nd Annual RC.com Minnesota Gathering??? (yeah, I know it has nothing to do with the weather) I don't see that you've placed your vote for a particular weekend yet... Hopefully you went to check your calendars.

Anyway, I've got mixed feelings about the event... Lets get things straight, right off the bat... I'm going, no matter which weekend is chosen! :wink:
That being said, I do have preferences... I would prefer 6/13 or 6/27 because I'd be technically "kid-free" on those weekends and that will make my weekend at least a bit more conducive to climbing (I think you parents know what I'm talking about).
I do however have a disclaimer to make... Back when, like around the holidays, when Les started talking about this event, we talked about having this "Gathering" on a weekend when the "Nebraska Boys" could attend. At that time, Josh (jhatten) expressed interest but was planning on going to the "RMNP HooHa" too (which is now scheduled for June 12 - 16).

So, if we schedule for a time when the "Nebraska Boys" could attend, that would exclude the weekend of 6/13-15. Well, I've check Josh's posts and it does in fact look like he's planning on the "RMNP Gig" so, I PMed him to see if in fact he was going to that one and if he's still interested in ours. Anyway, when he responds to that PM, we'll know his intentions for sure.

Until then, I preliminarily vote for one of the two weekends... June 13-15 or June 27-29... Man, that turned out to be long...

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I'm thinking about going up to VE Saturday afternoon/evening for a bit. Is anyone interested in joining me???

duskerhu

fo_d

Apr 5, 2003, 3:17 PM
Post #10 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had forgotten that Josh said any weekend but the 1st or 2ed, when my wife said we werent going on vava that week I jumped on it :D but I'll wait to hear Joshes reply.

later

I'd like to come out to VE today but its Anne Bday so my wife and I get to be taxi drivers today. see ya Monday.

duskerhu

Apr 5, 2003, 9:32 PM
Post #11 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To Anne:

Happy bithday to you,
You live in a zoo....

oops, wrong version... :oops:

Happy Birthday Anne!

WOOooo HHOOOOoooo! 16 years old eh? Wow, yer gettin' up there!

duskerhu

gymclimbfreak

Apr 5, 2003, 9:56 PM
Post #12 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dann, what are you thinking?!?!?!

that was the right version. Happy Birthday Anne.

Les- you lucky devil you, oh the fun you'll have now. 16, car, license. you know what's next? BOYS, BOYS, BOYS..

now back to climbing... I guess as I stated earlier, you guys tell me when you're planning the weekend, and i'll be there..I jsut hope it doesn't interfere with my coloado trips.. oh well I'll deal with it when it come

Tim

duskerhu

Apr 5, 2003, 10:21 PM
Post #13 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol: Ha, she's already got the boys, I think the car and license are going to be a bit though...

She told me herself that she has to get her grades up a bit first via Mom's request... in a sort of whinning way... :lol:

Tim, what's this about a Colorado trip??? You see the weekends we're looking at don't you? If you're going to CO, go for the RMNP Gig and come back for ours...

Otherwise, put in yer vote and quit chyer bitchen'! :lol:

...duskerhu... :twisted:

gymclimbfreak

Apr 5, 2003, 10:29 PM
Post #14 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Alright!! everything is all good! I just double checked all the dates on the colorado trip i'm supposed to go to and even the ones locally and I can make any weekend. Dann did you get any news from the nebraska boys? June is a very good month to go, especailly with all the trips i'm hoping to make.. well one of my friends owns a basecamp in Estes park CO. and he needs someone else to go with him with the exchange students that has soem climbing background and skills, so he asked me! so the trips are planned for JULY 6th - JULY 12th, and JULY 27th - AUG. 2nd. so i'm good go for any weekend climbing.

fo_d

Apr 6, 2003, 12:03 AM
Post #15 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
you know what's next? BOYS, BOYS, BOYS..

I've been living that nightmare for 2 years now :?

gymclimbfreak

Apr 6, 2003, 12:05 AM
Post #16 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And Les.... It only gets better HA HA HA :lol:

brianthew

Apr 6, 2003, 1:35 AM
Post #17 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As it turned out, Taylor's Falls was actually quite pleasant today. Granted we climbed wearing a fleece, but the rock was dry and the friction was splendid. The sun came off the rock and often I found myself starting to sweat. Did some aiding and some light trad. Went after this old, absurdly overcammed cam next to this insaney deeply stuck nut, but had no success (not that the pieces were at all good, anyway). I bet many of you have seen/gone after them too. All in all...a great day. :mrgreen:

pelliott

Apr 6, 2003, 5:35 AM
Post #18 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I vote for either 6/20-6/22 or 6/27-6/29. I hope it doesn't get too hot though.

duskerhu

Apr 6, 2003, 6:06 AM
Post #19 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well Brian, glad you guys had a good day at TF... Nice when the weather is better than expected.

Patrick, we're hoping it is kinda warm. We wanted to do it at a time when there is a lot of light and its warm in the after-dark hours so we can do some night climbing... Remenicent of what we did at Barn Bluff last summer; except we'll have the t-r's set up before dark this time... We can try to keep in the shade if it gets too hot during the day (read->Prairie Walls before it gets hot or at night)

Anyway, the later in June we get, the hotter it's going to be down there...

duskerhu

fo_d

Apr 6, 2003, 6:16 AM
Post #20 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mmmmmmmmmmmm......trad leads in the dark.......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So glad they kept Mr green :mrgreen:

rocksolid

Apr 6, 2003, 9:26 PM
Post #21 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

All three of the weekends in June work for me (as of now).

Craig

duskerhu

Apr 7, 2003, 7:51 AM
Post #22 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good Craig, we can expect to see you there then I assume...

Alright, c'mon Minni'sotans... Check your calendars and vote for your choice of weekend... Must be that people aren't seeing this yet or something...

Anyway, fo_d and I are going to be at VE about 4pm tonight if anyone else is interested...

Dann

jhattan

Apr 7, 2003, 1:42 PM
Post #23 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for waiting for my input on this one guys! The Nebraska boys are still planning to hit both the RMNP and the MN gatherings, so my vote is for either 6/20-6/22 or 6/27-6/29. I should be bringing a few new faces to the gathering this year. If Nebraska could grow some rocks, we could have a pretty good sized gathering of our own. As it is we'll just have to settle for being nomads for another summer.

fo_d

Apr 7, 2003, 7:22 PM
Post #24 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good to hear from you Josh, I'll be posting the gathering later this week to give people more time.

rocksolid

Apr 7, 2003, 11:54 PM
Post #25 of 85 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Is anyone thinking about heading down to Red Wing or up to Taylors Falls this weekend?

Craig

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook