RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

adambroadbent

Dec 21, 2001, 10:14 PM
Post #1 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

SLC Backcountry Lovin'
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello to all, who lives in the Great Salt Lake City area? Anybody love to go backcountry skiing, maybe some overnight camping in a snow cave, little party action up in the mountains. If anyone would like to get out into the great Wasatch Backcountry and have loads of good whole some fun, give me a call at 801-487-6529 or email me at rockclimb6@hotmail.com Anybody thinking of heading to Salt Lake City, send me a message and I'll give you the low down on all the entertainment and activities out here. Later

rockjock04

Dec 21, 2001, 11:10 PM
Post #2 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

SLC Backcountry Lovin' [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

R U LDS 2?

[ This Message was edited by: rockjock04 on 2001-12-21 15:11 ]

squeeks

Dec 22, 2001, 12:07 AM
Post #3 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i am.

ratstar

Dec 22, 2001, 1:27 AM
Post #4 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Me too.

squeeks

Dec 22, 2001, 4:01 AM
Post #5 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

when is all this going down? i might be there next month for a wedding so ill probably take a few more days off work to climb while im there.

evangelion

Dec 22, 2001, 5:00 AM
Post #6 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LoL i'm LDS 2... I also live in Utah, SLC area. I'm a senior in highschool right now.

newbieclimber

Dec 22, 2001, 8:10 AM
Post #7 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

to all you mormoms,

1)do you really believe you can become a god of your own universe when you die?

2)are you nuts?

3)why are you a member of a cult? dont you have the intelligence or will power to think for yourself?

4)why does your "religion" try to cover up all its dirty little secrets? if its such a great "religion" how come mormons cant speak openly about it?

mike

[ This Message was edited by: newbieclimber on 2001-12-22 00:12 ]

Partner missedyno

Dec 22, 2001, 8:29 AM
Post #8 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow, that was a rather unethical attack....

evangelion

Dec 22, 2001, 1:47 PM
Post #9 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Feed the troll ... not feed the troll
what the heck, feed the troll!

Newbieclimber,

1) If i'm worthy yes. Do you belive that when you die you will just sit around singing prasies to god? (doesnt sound like alotta fun)

2) no, but there was this one time i tried to convince a troll to grow up.... talk about nuts.

3) If religion is a cult than i'm proud to be LDS. I Happen to also be a member of the Climbing cult, eager to get other "drones" into the group. except you of course

4) Name a dirty little secret, i'm an open book. While your at it name the dirty little sectrets your church has, whats that? no secrets? bull.

josh

[ This Message was edited by: evangelion on 2001-12-22 05:51 ]

ratstar

Dec 22, 2001, 4:51 PM
Post #10 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You ignorant fool.
As to your number 4)What 'secret' have we ever tried to hide?

squeeks why dont ya pm me when you come and we'll go climb.

[ This Message was edited by: ratstar on 2001-12-22 09:08 ]

newbieclimber

Dec 22, 2001, 5:27 PM
Post #11 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hmm...lets see:

that mormon church leaders ordered the massacre of settlers traveling through utah

a dirty little secret called polygamy(which is used to justify pedophilia) that is still practiced and supported by mormons in utah

and just about every detail of what happens in the temple. why does a so called "religion" continually ostracize its members for up to a year at a time for talking to the press about church practices?

that blacks are considered outcasts and satanic. oops...one of the church elders had a revelation from god a few years back dismissing that belief when it became too politically incorrect. i wonder if any of the lds actually changed their way of thinking when that revelation happened. or was their racism too ingrained at that point?

i also think its interesting that whenever anything becomes too politically incorrect in the mormon church a church elder has a "revelation" from god. lol.

[ This Message was edited by: newbieclimber on 2001-12-23 20:58 ]

evangelion

Dec 22, 2001, 6:18 PM
Post #12 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First off you forgot the second part of 4. Name your religion.

Second... I'm not finding this massacre in the history books.

Polygamy is NOT supported by the LDS church. In D & C it says that we support the laws of the nation we are in.... They banned Polygamy so polygamy is not allowed.

The temple is considerd sacred. You have to be worthy to go to the temple. Its not something to be shown on T.V. for entertainment.

yea, we call that a revelation it's one of those benefits you have when you have the priesthood. When people are ready (or need) change those things are done... Much like when jesus moved from an eye for an eye to love on another.

Goes along with above reply, we call it revelation. Its not that its politically incorrect, its that the lord see's it fit to make a change. (priesthood rember?)

If you reply dont forget to mention your church I'm sure we are all dying to see the *truth*

Josh

Also dont you have something better to do than try (pathetically might I add) to cut down a religion that isnt doing any harm to anyone?

[ This Message was edited by: evangelion on 2001-12-22 10:26 ]

ratstar

Dec 22, 2001, 10:12 PM
Post #13 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am also curious as to what church you are part of. And by the way I am behind evangelion all the way on this. I think he brings all your pathetic remarks to shame.

rockjock04

Dec 22, 2001, 10:58 PM
Post #14 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

~-~-~- TO CLEAR THINGS UP~-~-~-~

I dont know what makes me more sad; to see people going off at my church to our faces, or seeing people hate us because they "think" they know what we believe. Yes, we believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God. No, we do not support polygamy. we follow the law of the land. Any mormon who tries to participate in these things is excommunicated. No, our church leader did not order any massacres. He told the people not too, but through THEIR ignorance, they chose to fight, against our prophets commandments. We believe in free agency. You have the right to make your own choices, but you must be willing to accept the consequences, good or bad. No, blacks are not considered outcasts or satanic. And just to get a step up, what is so terribly different about our church. we are christians. I seriously would like to know what makes us so satanic. Squeeks, ratstar, evangelion and myself will be happy to clear up any questions you have. When newbieclimber said "why dont you think for yourselves", im not attacking but I wouldn't doubt that someone has told you that we are evil satan worshipers right? Before you attack The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Look into it, read the book of mormon, Pray and ask if we really are the above mentioned. It will work, unless you dont believe in james 1:5-6, which i might add is part of the bible. When I come to utah to go to byu Ill look you guys up. of course thats 2 more years of high school then 2 years off for my mission, well go climbing. God bless.

newbieclimber

Dec 23, 2001, 1:23 AM
Post #15 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"...or seeing people hate us because they "think" they know what we believe"

i certainly dont hate you. i look at you in the same way i do a patheticly misguided child. i guess the scandals surrounding SLCs acquisition of the olympic games says it all about how the mormon church operates: do a bad thing and then cover it up with silence and stonewalling.

evangelion

Dec 23, 2001, 1:47 AM
Post #16 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The LDS church had nothing to do with the olympic scandal. You STILL havent said what religion you are from? they must have done something so terriable you are afraid to admit and explain it.

jds100

Dec 23, 2001, 2:11 AM
Post #17 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Coupla comments: I don't think most religions are based on Christ, but that's another discussion.

If anyone would check Newbie's profile, and then click on "messages posted by...", and read the kind of stuff he post here at RC.com, you'll realize that you're banging your head on a brick wall, trying to get to him. His purpose here (and probably elsewhere) seems to be to just make trouble. He seems to have no interest in other's opinions and insights, other than as sources of argumentation and derision. ("Spacing of pro" is the forum thread where he displays his bile most clearly.)

May I politely and respectfully suggest that everyone just ingnore his insults and other remarks that are obviously intended only to incite.

ratstar

Dec 23, 2001, 8:16 PM
Post #18 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And if your looking for a good locally made free guide go talk to the guys at Black Diamond. They will give you a bunch of info about all the places you want to know about. I could also show ya some places to boulder.

squeeks

Dec 23, 2001, 9:51 PM
Post #19 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey newbie i got one question. are YOU mormon??????

NO so dont tell us what we believe and about what you think we are covering up. we arent all on this site to argue about religion and beliefs. if you want to carry this on outside of this forum then my doors are open. but ill warn you, you dont know jack and you cant win this.

rockjock04

Dec 23, 2001, 10:34 PM
Post #20 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Squeeks, your my hero.

ratstar

Dec 24, 2001, 4:37 PM
Post #21 of 21 (4665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How often do you go to Deseret Peak? I live like 20 minutes away.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook