RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

spinnerstyle

Apr 9, 2003, 1:23 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Need Camping I Boulder, CO
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok I posted asking for camping spots in boulder and moab. The locals at Moab came through in fine style. Now its tiem for the locals to boulder to come through for me. I really need campsites in boulder or around there. any advice on sites and sport routes around 5.9-5.11 would be great.

meshuga3

Apr 9, 2003, 1:45 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1806 views)
Shortcut

Need Camping I Boulder, CO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was there this summer. There's no free camping, if that's what you're looking for (I know it's what we were), but if you check on Climbingboulder.com, you might be able to meet someone who will let you sleep in their driveway.

Boulder canyon has all the climbing you'll need. 12+ miles of rock on both sides of the road.

bolder

Apr 9, 2003, 2:16 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1806 views)
Shortcut

Need Camping I Boulder, CO [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is free camping on the West side of gross resevoir off of Magnolia Road which runs out of Boulder Canyon. You will need a 4 wheel drive to get there and will have to tolerate rednecks and two strokes. This is the closest area to Boulder Canyon. There is also good free camping in Rollinsville on Apex road up by Moffat tunnel. I think you need a permit for all areas up there. It would be a fifteen minute drive to either Boulder Canyon or Clear Creek Canyon. You can also camp near Allenspark next to some OK sport climbing at the iron clads. The nearby Ironsides are awesome if you like long 5.11's. You can pay to camp at Camp Dick and will be close to some decent bouldering about 10 minutes to the Ironsides and twenty minutes to Boulder Canyon. This is about all the camping there is in Boulder.

maldaly

Apr 9, 2003, 2:51 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1806 views)
Shortcut

Camping near Boulder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's embarrassing that it's so hard to find a place to camp in Boulder. WTF,O? In addition to the locations on the above post, there are Forest Circus campgrounds along the Peak to Peak Hwy between Black Hawk and Estes Park. THere is a AYH hostel in Boulder 303/4421116 which some climbers have used.

Good business idea here....

Malcolm

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook