RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

jelli

May 5, 2003, 1:23 AM
Post #1 of 3 (972 views)
Shortcut

Always Looking for Indoor and Outdoor Partners for SLC Area
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey.

I'm a climber in Salt Lake & I've been climbing off and on for about nine years. Unfortunately, more off than on the last few. I decided I wanted to start climbing again and bought a membership to the gym (Rockreation) in Feb. I've been getting in regularly and am back to leading around 11 a/b inside. I haven't been outside yet this season, but anticipate a max lead level of around 10 a/b to start. It will improve with time and practice.

My boyfriend and other regular climbing partners travel frequently and/or have weird work schedules that don't always jive with mine so obviously they are not always available. That's why I'm looking for more partners who are available to climb both inside and out. I don't care what level you climb, as long as you are an experienced and competent belay partner!!! I won't drop you and would be none too happy if you dropped me.

I have a somewhat flexible schedule. I have weekends off and aside from one mandatory meeting a month, I usually have Fridays off. I have every other Wednesday off and on the alternating Wednesdays, I work 1/2 day. (My Wednesday schedule may change later in the summer, but right now it's pretty much set.) I travel to St. George every other week & would welcome climbing partners who would like to travel to, or who live in that area, as well.

I prefer sport climbing and have gear. I enjoy trad if I'm following & can lead easy stuff (5.7), but do not own a rack. I don't mind occasionally bouldering in the gym, but consider it a last option outside.

Other interests include skydiving, mountain biking, skiing/snowboarding, hiking, backpacking, fly fishing, golf, tennis, camping...whatever. I'm hoping that I don't just meet new climbing partners, but that I make new friends.

Let me know if you want to go play.

skerry00

May 5, 2003, 3:49 AM
Post #2 of 3 (972 views)
Shortcut

Re: Always Looking for Indoor and Outdoor Partners for SLC A [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be heading through the SLC area sometime in late May, I am working in the Tetons for the summer and need a partner on the way up to Wyoming, my e-mail is skerry00@hotmail.com

ladybug84105

May 6, 2003, 7:39 PM
Post #3 of 3 (972 views)
Shortcut

Re: Always Looking for Indoor and Outdoor Partners for SLC A [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello,
I just started climbing a couple months ago and am trying to get some mileage in. I am still working on my technique and will be taking Fight Gravity 2 and 3 this month at Rockreation. I have a fairly flexible schedule at the time being. So if you feel like just getting in some climbing and wanna take it easy for a session or two, give me a call. My computer is kinda out of commission, but I can check my email once a day.

Bobbi
SLC, Liberty Park Area

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook